Well...This is Awkward

The Heart Still Beats (For You)

I couldn’t concentrate, I was shaking too much. As I shivered I noticed the tiny man peer at me from behind his thick frames.

“You okay?” He asked.

“Somehow, how did this happen?”

“Junsu’s been having some trouble getting around his dorm, plus he gets lonely when he can’t attend 2PM activities.”

“What, let me get this straight. My job is to ‘take care’ of Junsu until his leg gets better?”

“Yup, you just noticed?”

“W-w-w-w-well,” I stuttered. I really couldn’t believe this was happening. Did I really get a job looking over 2PM’s Junsu? My idol? No way!

I pinched myself just to make sure I wasn’t dreaming.

“We’re here.” The man bluntly stared as the doors of the elevator opened.

We walked to the front door and my heart sped up as he pressed the doorbell.

“Yeah! I’ll be right there!” I heard someone yell.

A shuffle, bang, creak, and an ouch also leaked through the door, and No-Ah shook his head.

“You might also need to take care of some household chores.”

‘Great. Just what I needed. To take care of everyone too?’

“Ah, No-Ah-Ajusshi, what brings you here?” A short young man opened the door with wide eyes.

“Who is it jaebum?” A taller man, in fact, a giant, appeared behind the smaller one and leaned against the frame.

“Woah, who’s the cutie you got with you No-Ah-Ajusshi?” I recognized Chansung immediately, because he was eating. Always eating. And for eternity probably, non-stop.

“Don’t be rude, Chansung,” A blonde Nichkhun slapped the maknae on the head and stepped in front.

“No-Ah-Ajusshi, long time no see.” A redheaded Junho lifted his hand in acknowledgment.

“Who’s the girl?” Wooyoung bounced around in the background, trying to get a better view.

‘Wouldn’t Sangmi kill for this job now?’ I laughed internally.

“A little help guys?” I heard a feeble voice in the back, and a clunk of a cast hitting the ground.

I held my breath as Junsu entered the room.

“Nice to see you all too, boys,” No-Ah smiled and nodded. “Let’s clear the entryway though and make our way to the living room, okay? I have something to discuss with you all.”


As soon as we were all settled in the living room, which took about five to ten minutes because the boys kept arguing who would sit next to me, No-Ah cleared his voice and opened his folder.

Re-adjusting his glasses he squinted at the small print on the paper he held, then shook his head, giving up, and finally just put the paper on the table.

“Read that later, it’s from JYP himself. Anyways, I’m here to announce that this girl, Eun-Gyo” he nodded at me, “will be here because of Junsu’s injury. She’ll be taking care of him by keeping him company while the rest of you are out doing activities, and will be doing a couple household chores for you boys.”

Suddenly the room was filled with cheers.

“Score!” jaebum pumped his fist.

“Awesome!” Junho gave me a eye-smile, which nearly made my heart stop, no joke.

“This will be fun!” Chansung nodded.

“Totally awesome!” Taecyeon gave a Cheshire cat smile.

“YAY!” Wooyoung rushed forward to give me a hug, but was pushed back by Nichkhun.

“I’ll help you move in,” Nichkhun, being the gentleman, smiled and winked. (Another blow on my heart.)

‘How long can I take this? I’ll be dead before I start working!’

“Hey,” jaebum suddenly stopped celebrating. “How come she’s here just for Junsu? Why not us?”

“I explained,” No-Ah said impatiently. “You’re not hurt. Junsu is. Therefore she’ll be paying attention to him more. Don’t be surprised.”

“Guess I better throw myself off a cliff!” jaebum headed for the door.

“You’ll do no such thing!” I nearly shouted, then embarrassed, I sat down again.

“She speaks!” Taecyeon smiled again.

“Don’t worry,” jaebum backed away from the door. “I’m just playing.”

“Don’t scare the poor thing!” Nichkhun admonished.

“Well, I hate to break this wonderful moment for you guys,” No-Ah butted in, “but you have a schedule. Get moving!”

“Aw man!” Wooyoung pouted. “I wanted to speak with Eun-Gyo more!”

“Everyone does, but we need to go,” Junho said in agreement.

“We’ll see her when we get back,” Chansung stuffed another cookie into his mouth, and grabbed three more. “For the road!” He proudly held them up to me.

“Good for you,” I smiled and patted him on the head. ‘Reminds me of my own brother, who is…ten years old…but that’s okay!’

“Bye, bye!”

“See ya laters!”

“Don’t bully her, Junsu!”

“Bye Eun-Gyo!”

The boys called from the entryway as the pulled on their shoes and grabbed their jackets.

I heard the click of the lock on the door, and the ding of the elevator.

Then reality struck me.

I was alone.

With Junsu.

‘HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I was awoken from my nap by the doorbell, and jaebum’s voice yelling.

“Yeah! I’ll be right there!”

“Get up, Junsu, let’s see who it is!” Wooyoung bolted out of his bed and ran towards the door.

‘Urgh, who would come at this time?’ I groaned and stuffed my head under the pillow, trying to go back to sleep.

“Ah, No-Ah-Ajusshi, what brings you here?”

‘Shut up, jaebum! I’m trying to sleep!’

“Who is it jaebum?”

‘YAH! Stop talking!’ I tried meditating.

“Woah, who’s the cutie you got with you No-Ah-Ajusshi?”

‘Who’s a ‘cutie’?’ My interest was sparked now as I carefully crawled from underneath my pillow and sat upright on my bed.

“Don’t be rude, Chansung.”

‘You tell him, Nichkhun! Don’t let him bully a girl…if it is a girl!’

“No-Ah-Ajusshi, long time no see.”

‘Enough about No-Ah-Ajusshi! Who’s the ‘cutie’?’

“Who’s the girl?”

‘Yes!’ I climbed out of my bed and winced as I tried to stand up and hobbled out of the room.’

God it was painful to move. Why was no one going to come and help me? Seriously?

“A little help guys?” I said in annoyance.

I looked up and froze, and my heart nearly stopped beating.

It was she, the one I saw earlier on the television.

I rubbed my eyes, making sure that it was seeing things clearly.

Sure enough, there she stood, an angel in the doorway.

Did the pain in my leg go away? I couldn’t feel it.


Later in the living room, I witnessed as all my members turn from 2PM beasts, into boys scampering to sit next to the most popular girl in school type.

‘I hope she doesn’t feel intimidated!’ I worried. ‘No one touch her, she’s mine! I’ve seen her before all of you!’ I smirked internally and settled into a chair.

“Read that later, it’s from JYP himself,” No-Ah-Ajusshi started, “Anyways, I’m here to announce that this girl, Eun-Gyo, will be here because of Junsu’s injury."

‘Eun-Gyo’s her name. Pretty, it suits her perfectly.’

“She’ll be taking care of him by keeping him company while the rest of you are out doing activities, and will be doing a couple household chores for you boys.”

‘Wait, what? Seriously? I thought she was just here for me!’ My jaw tightened. ‘They’d better not make trouble for her!’

“Score!”

I rolled my eyes at jaebum.

“Awesome!”

‘No, Junho! Not the eye-smile!’

“This will be fun!”

‘You’re STILL eating, Chansung?’

“Totally awesome!”

‘Taecyeon…that smile makes you look even more greasy than usual.’

“YAY!”

‘YAH! Wooyoung! I told ya! Don’t touch her! Thanks Nichkhun, restrain him for me!’

“I’ll help you move in.”

‘Nichkhun, I hate you! You used the wink!’

“Hey! How come she’s here just for Junsu? Why not us?”

“I explained. You’re not hurt. Junsu is. Therefore she’ll be paying attention to him more. Don’t be surprised.”

‘Yeah guys!’ I gloated. ‘She’s here for me! Take that!’

“Guess I better throw myself off a cliff!”

‘jaebum! Oh hell no!’

“You’ll do no such thing!” Eun-Gyo yelled, then timidly sat down again.

‘C-c-c-c-cute!’ I looked away, embarrassed also because of her outburst.

“She speaks!”

“Don’t worry. I’m just playing.”

‘You’d better be, or I would have slugged you!’

“Don’t scare the poor thing!”

‘Agreed, Nichkhun. But I still hate you for using the wink on her!’

“Well, I hate to break this wonderful moment for you guys, but you have a schedule. Get moving!”

‘Yeah guys! Leave me and Eun-Gyo alone!’

“Aw man! I wanted to speak with Eun-Gyo more!”

“Everyone does, but we need to go.”

“We’ll see her when we get back…For the road!”

“Good for you,” Eun-Gyo flashed Chansung a smile that melted my heart. Why couldn’t that smile have been for me?

“Bye, bye!”

“See ya laters!”

“Don’t bully her, Junsu!”

“Bye Eun-Gyo!”

‘Finally! Alone!’ I closed my eyes and fell back into the chair. ‘Wait,’ I sat up straight again. ‘ALONE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!’