Caught...

The Heart Still Beats (For You)

I semi-worriedly, semi-annoyed, raised an eyebrow as I looked back and forth from Junsu to Nichkhun as they stared each other down at the breakfast table.

“Eun-Gyo Noona,” Chansung held out his empty plate that had been completely full two minutes ago. “Seconds, please?”

I smiled and rose from the table, glad to be away from the intense staring battle between those two.

“How long have they been at it?” I asked, hearing the shuffle of someone’s feet behind me.

“They’ve been like that for the past three hours,” Taecyeon’s voice came back at me.

I sighed. I had gotten up about two hours ago to find them there, staring at each other, which they did all through my preparation of breakfast, and were still at it.

“Why are they like this? I thought they were going to get along a little better, but I guess I was wrong…”

“Yup, well they’re trying to sort…” Wooyoung bounded over to clear his dishes.

“SHHHHHHHHP!” Taecyeon let out a fierce hiss and Wooyoung immediately ran away.

“Why is everyone acting weird? It’s like you’re keeping something from me!” I threw my hands up after placing Chansung’s second helping of breakfast down in front of him.

“Chansungie??!?!?” I whimpered, hoping to use some cuteness to have him cave in and tell me.

“Sorry Eun-Gyo Noona,” He shook his head and held sympathetic eyes. “I really can’t…”

“Fine!” I huffed and stomped out of the room. I couldn’t handle much more of it.

I curled up into a ball under the covers in my own room and pouted.

Why wouldn’t anyone tell me what was going on? It made things so much more awkward. This was completely frustrating me.

Before I knew it, I had lain down and began to doze off into a sleep.


“Eun-Gyo?” I woke up to someone’s hand lightly shaking me.

“Mmm? What?” I groggily looked towards the foggy image and yawned.

“You’ve been asleep for five hours, we were getting worried…”

“FIVE HOURS?!?!?!” I yelped and immediately snapped into focus.

“I came to wake you up, as to also make sure that you were alive,” I looked again at the once foggy image to see Nichkhun’s concerned face looking back at me.

“Well, I’m alive that’s for sure,” I rubbed my eyes and rose from my bed. “So you and Junsu done with your staring contest? Who won?”

Nichkhun shook his head. “We didn’t determine a winner, we decided to stop and call a tie because we knew you weren’t happy.”

“I’ll say. What’s with you guys anyways?” I glared.

“If I tell you, will you get mad at me?”

“I can’t guarantee that I won’t get mad at you because it depends on the situation. But, yes, please tell me. I can’t stand seeing the tension between you and Junsu. Plus, all the other members are acting strangely too!”

Nichkhun sighed and bit his lip.

“Okay, well, Junsu and I are trying to determine who has a chance with you.”

“WHAT?” I said in disbelief. “Why would you try something stupid like that?”

“I know, I know…we just wanted to sort out the situation, and neither of us wanted to give you up so we figured that if you could somehow choose without being pressured or anything…”

“I don’t believe this! Why???” I wailed.

“Because we both care for you, Eun-Gyo,” Nichkhun’s voice became firm. “What were we supposed to do? Use violence or something?”

“No, I didn’t mean that! But couldn’t you have at least shared something with me about this situation. This is not only going to affect you guys, but I as well!”

“I’m sorry, Eun-Gyo…I really am,” Nichkhun’s voice softened again.

“That’s it, I’m not going to sit around and watch you guys do this. Do whatever you want to sort out the decision, but don’t let me see you guys with tension hanging around your auras. It makes me uncomfortable…”

“Eun-Gyo…No, wait, Eun-Gyo, what are you doing?”

I reached under my bed and brought out my duffle bag and was beginning to pack clothes and my necessities.

“I’m going to visit Sangmi for a couple of days. You won’t need me because you’ve all got hectic schedules anyways.”

“Eun-Gyo, please don’t leave!” Nichkhun pleaded.

“I’m not permanently leaving! I just need some time away from all…all this!”

I stuffed the last bit of things I needed and began to lug the huge bag out.

“At least let me carry it for you?” Nichkhun offered and reached for the bag.

“Thanks,” I grumbled and made way the hallway and to the main door.

“Eun-Gyo?”

“What’s going on?”

“Where are you going?”

“Eun-Gyo Noona, what’s wrong?”

“Nichkhun? What are you doing?”

“Are you leaving?”

All the 2PM members caused a riot as I pushed through them to get to the door.

“I’m spending a couple of days with Sangmi. I’ll be back before you know it. I just need a little break. Good luck of your activities.” I took my bag from Nichkhun and waved before slipping out the dorm door and running to the elevator.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watched, full of concern, as Eun-Gyo packed up her things, said her good-byes, and left the dorm. I knew that she’d be back in a couple of days, but it seemed like she was leaving forever.

After she left, the room went cold and the tension built up massively.

“WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!” Chansung snapped, shocking everyone else. The maknae wouldn’t usually have been so angry/rude to his hyungs. “WHAT HAPPENED? WHY DID EUN-GYO LEAVE?!?!?!”

“I’m not sure, Chansung…” Taecyeon somberly replied.

“She’s not someone to run away easily, I wonder what made her suddenly make this decision,” Junho gave a worried look.

“I can think of something, or well, a topic, that could put her on edge,” Jaebum’s face darkened. “Nichkhun, Junsu, what did you say to her?”

“Don’t look at me, I was here with you guys all this morning!” Junsu raised his hands and gave a ‘I’m innocent’ look.

“….Nichkhun?” Jaebum stared at me.

“Uh, well…I kind of told Eun-Gyo, Junsu’s and my bet. I didn’t think it was fair that she had no idea what was going on. I mean, we’ve never had to keep a secret from her, much less, all of us carrying the same secret. It was just too hard…I didn’t want to hurt her!”

“Nichkhun, do you realize that what you’ve just done could cause you to lose Eun-Gyo though? Did you ever think that she might not accept you or Junsu after this?” Wooyoung sighed and shook his head.

“It’s true that we shouldn’t have kept such a secret from her, but it was the only way…” Taecyeon gently said.

“Go after her? Try and catch up with her, and bring her back. It’s your responsibility,” Jaebum commanded me.

“Yes…I will…” I stood up and rushed out the door, flew down the stairs, and ran as fast as I could, once out of the building.


I panted, and my heart felt like it was going to burst any minute, but still, no sign of Eun-Gyo.

About to give up and turn home, I thought I saw a flash of a red coat.

‘Red coat…Wait, isn’t that what Eun-Gyo was wearing?’ My heart rate spend up again, and I ran, trying to keep up with that small flash of red.

Not taking my eye off the bright color, I didn’t notice my other surroundings…

“Oof! Ouch…” Someone exclaimed as I ran into something hard.

I looked down to discover that I had ran into a person, a young girl of about nineteen.

“I’m so sorry, I wasn’t looking…” I apologized and held out my hand to help the girl up.

“Don’t be sorry, I’m used to people not noticing me,” She smiled. “I’m sorry though too, it looked like you were really going after something. I think I just made you lose it…” She pointed to the direction where I was running in, and I saw that the bit of red I was following had disappeared.

“She’ll be back…Two days…” I murmured.

“Fight with your girlfriend?”

“Huh?” I replied in surprise. “N-no, I mean, she isn’t my girlfriend…I wish she was…but…uh, wait. Who are you?” I hadn’t meant to be rude, but I was confused about losing Eun-Gyo and here was this random girl who’s asking me about my private life. It seemed a little weird.

“Oh dear, how incredibly rude of me. I shouldn’t have asked…I know that I hate it too when someone I just met asks me about my private life,” the girl gave a ninety-degree bow, “Nice to meet you, I’m Melody.”

‘Melody…Not a Korean name,’ I thought, ‘From the U.S. perhaps?’

“I just flew in from Oregon, USA. I’m not great at the Korean language yet, but I’ll do my best…”

“If you prefer English, it’s okay with me,” I smiled, switching to English immediately.

“Ah, you speak English. That’s a relief,” Melody let out a big breath. “I’m actually a little lost. I hate to take up your time, but I’m looking for the JYP Entertainment building?”

“No problem,” I took the map she had in her hand and drew some lines and wrote some simple directions. “That should get you there.”

“Thank you so much!” Melody gave another ninety-degree bow. “Again, I’m sorry that you couldn’t catch the girl you were chasing, it’s my fault.”

“It’s alright, really…I can try and give her a call later. But I’ll still try and see if I can catch up.”

“Right, thanks again, and good luck!” Melody waved and we both headed in opposite directions.


I didn’t end up catching Eun-Gyo, and I returned back to the 2PM dorm, where I got scolded again.

My feelings hadn’t wavered for Eun-Gyo, but something strange began to move inside.