Kiss Already?!?!?!

The Heart Still Beats (For You)

‘This is bad. Wait no, now is it bad? This is my job? But what should I do? Ack!’ I mentally flipped out.

“Uhm, are you comfortable?” I offered in a small voice.

“I’m fine, thanks,” He responded in a cool voice.

I was slightly taken aback by his cold behavior, but I guess I couldn’t expect much. He’s an idol. He’d never take notice of an ordinary fan like me.

“Right, well I’ll be cleaning the house. Call if you need me.”

Truthfully, I don’t even know why I said that. I don’t hate cleaning, but I don’t love it either. I guess since I didn’t have anything better to do, might as well though.

I looked around the living room for starters.

‘Oh my god, this mess!’ I shook my head at the junkyard in front of me.

T-shirts, pants, shoes, random objects, and some suspicious sticky substance seemed to be tangled in a web of their own. All together it was just mind-boggling.

I rolled up the sleeves of my blouse and reached for the nearest, cleanest rag. (I’m not even sure if it was THAT clean…)

About an hour later I could see the improvement. The ‘suspicious sticky substance’ turned out to be raspberry jam and I had successfully separated all articles of clothing, and cleaned the floor.

However it wasn’t perfect yet. I still had to figure out how to get that jam off their clothing, and figure out what things were whose.

Absorbed in my dilemma, I heard a “hey” from behind the couch.

“You okay?” I popped my head over the plush back of the couch to find Junsu covering his eyes with his arm.

“I feel faint,” he gasped out.

“I thought you just had a hurt leg?” I questioned. ‘How does that make you faint? You’re not suffering from malnutrition are you?’

“Don’t ask questions,” Another cold response. “Just get me some painkillers.”

I raised my eyebrows and shuffled away, not wanting to get into an argument. '

‘Could have at least said ‘please’…’

By the time I had found the painkillers, which took me fifteen minutes because not only did he not say ‘please,’ he didn’t tell me where they were either., (They were underneath his pillow…why???) I found Junsu asleep on the couch.

‘Tired too? You’re not very active these days…’ I stopped myself and set the glass of water and painkillers on the coffee table.

Leaning in closer I focused on his gentle breathing and smiled.

“Get some rest.” I whispered and pulled the blanket over him.


“Hey,” I heard again.

I had been cleaning for another three hours and actually made faster progress than before.

I finished the whole mess earlier and had moved into the kitchen, washing the pile of dishes and collecting any dirty hand towels that needed to be cleaned.

Then I moved into the bedrooms.

I wasn’t sure if it was the right thing to do. I didn’t want any 2PM members yelling at me, but as soon as I saw one of them, I knew I had to clean it.

I don’t understand how such boys live this way.

Scuffling back to the living room, I noticed the empty glass of water and the painkillers gone from the coffee table.

“You took them,” I said, pointing the spot.

“Yeah, thanks.” He smiled.

I think I died for a second there. Literally, Junsu’s smile is the best gift anyone could receive. They way his eyes look at you tenderly and the corners of his mouth in a gentle and lopsided grin.

“Sorry for being snappy earlier,” He sat up, propped against a pillow. “As you probably noticed, I was tired.”

“Don’t mention it,” I waved it off. “I’ve been doing some cleaning around here.”

“I noticed. The living room looks nice now. How did you manage to clean without using heavy-duty equipment, and much less, how did you do it without waking me up? I’m a pretty light sleeper.”

“Is that a joke?” I smiled.

“Sort of? Nah, I guess you’re just a magical fairy then!” Junsu clapped his hands.

“Magical fairy? What?” I laughed. I didn’t imagine 2PM’s Junsu to be like this. But so far, I didn’t care.

“Come, sit,” Junsu patted the bare area on the couch.

“Is it okay?” I asked, stuttering a tiny bit.

“Yeah, I need someone to watch 2PM’s performance with me!”

“Pardon me for intruding then,” I slid, flustered, onto the couch.

I watched as Junsu’s slender fingers held and pressed the remote button and eventually had to mentally slap myself to focus on the television.

“So, you’re Eun-Gyo,” I noticed he was staring at me intensely.

“Yeah, nice to meet you!” I tried to control my voice.

“I’m Junsu, nice to meet you too. Uhm, I guess it’s sort of silly for me to introduce myself since you probably know me already.”

“It’s fine. I’m a big fan of 2PM, I was nearly shaking when I found out about this job,” I confessed.

“I’d be careful around these boys though,” Junsu looked up at s as they acted like beasts on the screen. “They may look tough and beastly, but in reality, they’re not even close.”

“Dissing your members when they’re not around isn’t good!” I joked.

“I’ll protect you,” He was staring intensely at me again.

Had I heard right? Did he really just say he’d protect me. Oh god, I could die now and I wouldn’t care. I wonder how many haters I’d have…

“Truth be told, you’re actually my favorite member,” I shyly let out my secret.

I witnessed as Junsu’s eyes grew larger and rounder.

“Eun-Gyo,” He said and he leaned in.

Oh gosh, he’s not going to kiss me is he? We just officially met today! It can’t be!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were alone. That made me nervous. My heart was pumping at a fast rate, and I could swear that she heard it beat.

Nevertheless, I was still upset.

I wanted to get to know her only by myself.

Now all my members are going to get in the way of my plans! What if someone steals her from me?

‘NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!’ I wailed internally.

“Uhm, are you comfortable?” I turned my head to the soft voice.

“I’m fine, thanks.” Did I sound too cold? Babo, I need to think of something else!

“Right, well I’ll be cleaning the house. Call if you need me.”

I didn’t want her to clean the house. I wanted her to talk with me! Me! Me!

However, I knew that she probably wouldn’t want to talk to me now, I’d just been a little harsh with my voice.

I craned my neck and got ooked behind the arm of the couch and saw her shake her head.

‘Dammit! She really took that personally!’ I slapped myself internally.

Watching her clean was fascinating. Cheesy as it seems, it was breathtaking and I couldn’t take my eyes off her.

The way she carefully handled everything to make sure it was perfect, and her back view was beautiful.

‘She’s so pretty,’ I had been watching too long. Apparently she was too pretty because my head had started to hurt.

“Hey!” I muffled out and positioned myself in an exhausted pose.

“You okay?” I saw her face pop up from above the couch.

“I feel faint,” I sounded feeble.

“I thought you just had a hurt leg?”

I remained silent for a second, trying to make a comeback but I couldn’t.

“Don’t ask questions. Just get me some painkillers.” Crap, I sounded annoyed again.

By the time she had gone to find the painkillers I remembered I forgot to tell her where they were.

‘She’ll find it…’ I meekly thought and closed my eyes.

Pretty soon I was in a deep sleep and the only thing I felt was someone pulling a soft blanket over me with the faint words of:

“Get some rest.”


I woke up and groggily rubbed by eyes and took the painkillers, looking around for her. I didn’t see her anywhere, but I did notice that the room was spotless, unlike how it was before I’d fallen asleep.

‘Did she do all this? Isn’t she tired from doing that? I’d better see if she’s still here though.’

“Hey!” I called out, and heard the patter of feet walking towards the living room.

“You took them,” she motioned towards the coffee table.

“Yeah, thanks.” I flashed her a smile. “Sorry for being snappy earlier. As you probably noticed, I was tired,” I continued, trying to make up for my behavior earlier.

“Don’t mention it. I’ve been doing some cleaning around here.”

“I noticed. The living room looks nice now. How did you manage to clean without using heavy-duty equipment, and much less, how did you do it without waking me up? I’m a pretty light sleeper.” I had an urge to .

“Is that a joke?”

“Sort of? Nah, I guess you’re just a magical fairy then!” I said off the top of my head. ‘Magical fairy? Are you for real Junsu? That’s the best you could come up with? MAGICAL FAIRY?!?!?!?!’

“Magical fairy? What?” She laughed and my heart melted.

‘She’s perfect. Definitely the girl of my dreams.’

“Come, sit.” I motioned for her to sit next to me.

“Is it okay?” I could tell she was hesitant.

“Yeah, I need someone to watch 2PM’s performance with me!” An excuse. Really, I just wanted her to be nearer to me.

“Pardon me for intruding then.”

My heart fluttered as I felt he weight sit down on the couch. Covering up my embarrassment I quickly snatched the remote and the television.

“So, you’re Eun-Gyo,” I looked at her, going over all her lovely features. Her dark, mysterious eyes, pink lips, the flush in her cheeks, and her waist long, black coffee hair.

“Yeah, nice to meet you!”

“I’m Junsu, nice to meet you too. Uhm, I guess it’s sort of silly for me to introduce myself since you probably know me already.” I felt stupid. I couldn’t really say anything now.

“It’s fine. I’m a big fan of 2PM, I was nearly shaking when I found out about this job.”

‘Glad to hear that! Do you have a favorite member?’ I asked in my head and was about to, but I stopped myself. ‘What if her favorite member isn’t me? I wouldn’t want to hear that. No, not now.’

I saw her fiddling with her fingers and realized for the first time, that she actually was nervous.

“I’d be careful around these boys though. They may look tough and beastly, but in reality, they’re not even close.” I tried to lighten the mood.

“Dissing your members when they’re not around isn’t good!” She smiled again and I could feel her warming up.

“I’ll protect you,” the words slipped out of my mouth. ‘Crap. I let on too early!’

“Truth be told, you’re actually my favorite member.”

I was too happy to say anything else. I celebrated internally, and it’s amazing that none of that really came across in my actions. Then I noticed something interesting.

I needed to lean in closer to confirm.

“Eun-Gyo…”