Junsu Choding

The Heart Still Beats (For You)

“Eun-Gyo…” I nearly jumped out of my skin hearing him say my name. It sounded sweet, and his voice was soft and tender. Plus, it didn’t help that he face was heading towards mine.

‘OMG,’ I freaked out, ‘Is he trying to kiss me?’

“You,” He continued, his face keeping a steady pace, closing in.

I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to remain calm and relaxed.

I felt a hand, and one of Junsu’s slender fingers brush my cheek.

“You’ve got some cleaner/soap on your face,” He pulled away and laughed.

I was astonished, and quite shaken up, but mostly relieved he didn’t try anything else.

“Thanks,” I muttered and then began to vigorously rub my face, just in case there was anything else stuck to it. How embarrassing would that be?

I watched hesitantly as Junsu flashed another heart-fluttering smile and turned back to the television.

“But seriously,” He was back to his bubbly self. “Don’t underestimate these boys. I’m afraid they’ll do something.”

“I don’t think they will,” I also laughed, enjoying the atmosphere.

“Just tell me and I’ll punch whomever bothers you, ‘kay?” Junsu jerked his thumb towards himself, and then demonstrated a punch on the couch pillow.

“Will do,” I smiled, then headed towards another room to do more cleaning. “Holler if you need anything!”


“We’re home!”

“Eun-Gyo!”

“Yay! We’re home!”

“I’m tired…”

“I’m hungry, again. FOOD!”

The boys tumbled into the entryway, kicking off their shoes, leaving a mess for me to clean up later.

Before I could start arranging anything, I found myself hoarded by the 2PM boys.

“Eun-Gyo!” Wooyoung had somehow slipped out of Nichkhun’s grasp and just about jumped on me, giving me huge hug, and left me feeling confused.

“Welcome back,” I smiled.

“Ah, we’re home. And here is a beautiful angel waiting for us!” Jaebum waltzed in, grabbed my hand and slicked his eyebrows with thumb and pinky fingers.

“Don’t be greasy, Jay,” Taecyeon shoved Jaebum out of the way, taking his place, and gave me a toothy grin.

“Speak for yourself,” Nichkhun sighed, also pushing the person in his way, aside. “Are you moved in?” He kindly asked.

“Hey, you’re bags seemed to have arrived. They’re here in the entryway. Guess we didn’t seem them on our way in,” Junho pointed to my suitcases.

“Well, they arrived awhile back,” I admitted. “But I’ve been busy, so I forgot to unpack.”

“Busy?” Chansung poked his head out of the refrigerator door. “Looks like you’ve been cleaning. This place looks spotless!”

“And how did you notice that, Chansung?” Junsu seemed annoyed at the ruckus. “You’re too busy trying to find something to munch on.”

“Shut it,” Chansung glared and grabbed a sandwich.

“It must have taken you a long time, you even cleaned our rooms!” Taecyeon peered into a room, inspecting my house-cleaning skills.

“By the way,” I wanted to move on to a different subject. I didn’t want all the boys fussing about how good the room looked. My skills are only moderate. I hope they didn’t notice that I’d gotten a little lazy in the end. “You grabbed a prepared sandwich,” I pointed to the one Chansung had just grabbed, and had at that moment, taken a huge bite of it.

“Yeah,” He held it up. “We’re pretty busy, and we don’t have much time to cook. Plus, it sometimes takes us awhile to figure out recipes and stuff, which also eats up time. So we just buy stuff ahead of time, like prepared sandwiches, cup ramen, and takeout.”

“That’s not good at all,” I cried, horrified. “You’re wasting money! Plus, eating like this all the time isn’t good for your health!”

“Look at her,” Junho gave an eye-smile. “She’s only been here for seven or eight hours and she’s already acting like a mother. I like it!”

“It’ll be nice to have someone else be helping around the house,” Nichkhun agreed.

“You’ll probably be dealing with him a lot. He practically rules the household by enforcing rules and such,” Wooyoung shook his head and pointed at Nichkhun.
“Taking care of you six is annoying, and exhausting,” Nichkhun plopped down in a chair. “You also me give massive headaches.”

“Well, SORRY!” Jaebum stood in front of a collapsed Nichkhun, and for one in his life, stood taller than Nichkhun.

“Whatever,” Nichkhun waved the comment off and set his head on the table.

“Let me get you some aspirin!” I worriedly shuffled to find some pills.

I felt a sturdy hand grab my wrist and pull me back.

I looked behind myself to see Nichkhun staring back intensely.

“Nah, it’s okay. I’m fine.”

I felt my face go red, as all other members were watching the two of us.

“So, you need help moving in?” Nichkhun stood up, recovered, and grabbed my luggage. “Let me help you.”

“T-t-t-t-thank you,” I stammered and scampered to follow him out of the living room.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I watched with intensity as Eun-Gyo caught up with Nichkhun, whom was helping her drag her stuff and would probably be helping her settle in.

I looked down at my own legs.

Left one, good. Right one, plastered in a cast that clunked wherever I went.

I realized I couldn’t have done what Nichkhun just did. I’d probably be struggling with those suitcases, even if they weren’t heavy.

“Ah,” Jaebum sank into the couch. “It’s not fair!”

“What isn’t?” Taecyeon sat next to Jaebum.

“Nichkhun seems to be putting moves on Eun-Gyo. It’s like he’s practically claimed her already.”

“No!” Wooyoung pouted and tugged on Jaebum’s shirt. “Eun-Gyo is everyone’s! Especially Wooyoungie’s!”

“Uh-hu, sure Wooyoung,” Junho was not smiling anymore and his eyes narrowed into a glare.

“Seriously guys?” Chansung had finally jumped into the conversation. “She’s not exactly here to please all of us. She’s here to help around the house, and to help with Junsu.”

“Finally, some sense out of someone,” Taecyeon threw up his hands. “And from our grown-up maknae at that!”

“Oh I wouldn’t be so sure,” I interjected. I know Chansung.

“Well, it wouldn’t hurt if she made me food! I want Eun-Gyo’s food!” Chansung broke out into a goofy grin and danced around.

“And there you go,” I nodded, proving my point.

“What about you, Junsu?” Jaebum asked me.

“What about me?” I retorted back, thought I knew what he was going to ask.

“What do you think of Eun-Gyo? In all aspect, you’ve had more time with her than anyone else has, yet. I mean, it was just the two of you guys for four hours!”

“Well, we didn’t talk too much. She was busy cleaning around, and I ended up falling asleep,” I bit my lip. Not the answer I think they were looking for, but seriously, what was I going to do? Lie?

“What a waste!” Wooyoung had apparently crept up behind me, because when I turned around, I saw his face, his eyes had gotten bigger. “If I had so much alone time with Eun-Gyo, I would have taken advantage of the situation! I would have talked with her and stuff!”

“Hey, it’s not my fault that I clonked out! My head hurt and she didn’t come back with the painkillers for a while. I needed sleep!” I defended myself.

“Whatever, Junsu,” Jaebum yawned and got up from the couch. “God, it’s late. We should get some sleep before our next schedule in five hours. And let me tell you all, that’s a pretty generous sleep window there!”

“I agree,” Taecyeon followed Jaebum to their room. “See you all later.”

“I guess I should get some sleep too,” Junho shuffled away.

“I wanted to talk to Eun-Gyo, but it’s not like she’s going anywhere now,” Wooyoung pranced down the hallway.

“I’m out too,” Chansung followed everyone while munching on his sandwich.

I was by myself before I knew it.

‘Great, they left me.’ I looked around at the empty room. ‘I don’t have a schedule, but I’m somehow still exhausted. I want sleep too.’

I blinked. Crap. I couldn’t really get to my room without difficulty. I needed Eun-Gyo, but I didn’t want to disturb her. Wait, no. Isn’t that her job? To take care of me?

“Eun-Gyo?” I softly called out.

No answer.

“Eun-Gyo?” I didn’t yell, but I certainly made sure that all persons present could hear me.

“Yeah?” I heard her feet shuffled towards me and I straightened up as I saw her round the corner. “You need something?”

“Uhm, I’m having trouble getting to my room,” I admitted sheepishly. “Could you please help?”

“Of course! Here, lean on me.” She held her hand out, which I took and I shifted my weight onto my left foot.

We slowly made our way to my room, which thankfully, wasn’t too far.

“Thanks,” I sighed as I settled onto my bed.

“You’re welcome,” She smiled.

“Hey,” I looked up at her. “Nichkhun still helping you with moving in?”

“Yeah,” She replied. “He’s helping rearrange furniture so that I’ll have a little more room. He’s a sweetie.”

‘What about me? Am I a sweetie?’ I was dying to ask, but I didn’t.

I flopped on my back and stared at the ceiling.

“Well, if you don’t need anything else, I should get the rest of my stuff unpacked.”

“Wait,” I sat up straight again, just as she was about to exit the room.

“Yes?”

“Could…do you mind…uhm…” I pointed to my forehead.

“You have another headache?” She worriedly came over and felt it.

“No. Uhm, could I possibly be tucked in and have…a kiss?” I hesitantly asked. I know it was a little too bold, but I wanted attention. Especially from her.

I witnessed her eyes grow round and she gave a shy smile.

“You’re like a kid,” And she began to organize the sheets surrounding me.

When she was done, she lightly pressed her lips to my forehead. It was so light, I can’t remember if it actually happened or not. But whatever, I was happy.

“Goodnight. Have a good rest,” She whispered, and turned off the light as she exited the room.

‘Goodnight, Eun-Gyo. I look forward to tomorrow. We’ll talk more…’ I was fast asleep.