And So The Drama Unfolds

The Heart Still Beats (For You)

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” The television blared through the apartment and a shiver ran up my spine.

“Junsu?” I poked my head in the room, where he sat, eyes wide open at the screen. “What in the heaven’s are you watching that is so noisy?”

“Just this hardcore band that’s performing,” He replied.

“Right,” I raised my eyebrow and turned away. ‘This guy…I don’t understand him sometimes…’

I sighed and scanned the freshly cleaned apartment I had just finished and clapped my hands with joy.

“Today Sangmi’s coming over to visit!” I whispered happily.

I hadn’t seen her in over a month, much less had we even texted or called each other. At first I thought it was just because she was mad at me for taking the job. Turns out it was because she was busy with her new staff job she’d gotten at SM Entertainment.

I spun around as another ear piercing scream came from the television.

“Junsu?” I called again.

“Uh yeah?”

“Try not to make a mess in the apartment today okay? I’m going to warn the other boys too. My friend Sangmi is coming over.”

“Sangmi? Like a type fish or something?” Junsu cracked up and finally shut the loud noise off.

I gave him a small punch.

“Don’t be a jerk.” But I was laughing all the same.

“What’s the fuss about?” Jaebum had slunk in and his eyebrows waggled. “Flirty much?”

“Don’t be a hater, Jay,” Junsu carefully stood up, his foot much better now, and made his way to me.

“I’m just saying. I’m still a bit upset that you snatched her away before I could do anything.”

“Oh, Jaebum,” I smiled. “My friend Sangmi is coming over today.”

“Well, hurry up and let her come!” Jaebum pranced around the room, having a quick change of heart.

“Should I tell him that she’s interested in Wooyoung though?” I whispered in Junsu’s ear.

“Nah, let him fantasize or whatever,” Junsu held me by the waist and nipped at my ear.

“Ewwwwwwwwwww,” Wooyoung bounced into the room, making a face.

I turned red because of embarrassment. Junsu laughed hysterically.

“Save that for later,” Nichkhun shuffled into the room and smiled at me, but didn’t acknowledge Junsu.

“Really now,” Junsu began.

“You got something to say?” Nichkhun coldly shot back at him.

“No…” Junsu hid behind me. “Eun-Gyo!!!!” He whined like a child.

“Shhh,” I shushed him and patted his head, and then gave a weak smile to Nichkhun.

I knew he had be hurt by the news that Junsu and I were together. Truth is, I had already known his feelings for me since he offered to help with my luggage the day we met. He didn’t have to say it. I just knew.

I had ignored those feelings of his though, pushed them and made full room for Junsu, the one who I always had longed for.

I was in heaven of course. I loved getting the attention and love from Junsu, everyday was like a dream come true. It almost seemed unreal that I’d be able to be with someone like him.

But…but I couldn’t just ignore Nichkhun’s hurt. I felt it too, deep down inside. It broke my heart, but what could I do? I couldn’t tell him I had feelings for him, because I was with Junsu, plus, I never really did have those feelings in return for him.

I felt like I owed him something though. Something bigger than an apology or a nice deed.

“Good afternoon,” Junho entered, in pleasant mood and sat on the couch.

“Nom, nom,” The sound of munching came from down the hallway, Chansung of course.

“GOOOOOOOOOOOD DAY!” Taecyeon entered with a flourish in a neon yellow-green cap, a bright red t-shirt, green pants, and purple shoes.

“Owwie!” Wooyoung rubbed his eyes.

“Oh god,” Junho shielded his eyes.

“Traffic light, again?” Nichkhun bluntly stared, scanning Taecyeon’s outfit up and down.

“Our famous, ‘fashion terrorist’ is here!” Jaebum smiled and made jazz hands at Taecyeon.

“Nom, nom,” Chansung ate.

“Ouch,” Junsu coughed. “Eun-Gyo…I don’t think that your friend wants to see Taecyeon like this. You might want to pull an outfit out for him.”

I shook my head, but I was smiling.

“Come here you,” I grabbed Taecyeon and dragged him back into his room. “Let’s see here…” I scanned his closet.

“Eun-Gyo…” Taecyeon’s voice was low and quiet.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, concerned, but my back was turned to him in search of stylish clothing.

“Why did you decide to be with Junsu?”

“Why the sudden question?” I asked surprised, and began to pull a plain white shirt, blue knit cardigan, and simple white pants from the pile of neon colored bizarre shaped clothing.

“I just want to know. I think it’s unfair to Nichkhun…” I could tell Taecyeon was choosing his words carefully.

“I know you might think that,” I shoved the clothing I chose toward him and pointed to a section of the room, and then turned my back as to not see him. “I didn’t intentionally want to break his heart. I know he’s such a sweetie and a gentleman. However, I don’t have romantic feelings for him. I can’t force that.”

“Well I know that of course,” I heard the sound of clothing rustling. “I’m just saying that this relationship might have been made too quickly, which shocked Nichkhun because he never officially confessed to you. He didn’t really even have a chance.”

“I’ve liked Junsu ever since 2PM debuted. He was the one I looked up to, admired, and favored ever since. It’s a dream come true for me to even be of service to him in person.”

“Well I guess,” Taecyeon appeared in front of me. He looked very chic and stylish. “But don’t you think you should listen or at least talk to Nichkhun about it?”

“Maybe, I don’t think now is the right time to face him,” I brushed a few stray hairs away from Taceyeon’s forehead. “Much better. Let’s go.”

Taceyeon’s right. I need to face Nichkhun sometime about this, but not now. Not yet…not yet…


“Hello!” Sangmi’s cheerful voice echoed in the hallway and she waved through the entrance camera.

I flew over to the door and immediately, found my self hugging and jumping up and down with my best friend.

“How have you been?” Sangmi squealed and looked around the apartment. “Wow, this place is gorgeous. Not to mention spick and span!” She winked.

“It’s nothing.” I laughed. “You look good too! How’s your job at SM Entertainment going?”

“Great, just great! I met Super Junior yesterday. Whoooh, they were all so hot and charming!”

“That’s why you took the job?” I laughed.

“Of course not silly!” She laughed in return. “Well…maybe a little part, but it pays very well. The work isn’t too physically or mentally demanding either.”

“Guess so,” I agreed. “Come in, come in! I want you to meet the boys!”

I took Sangmi’s things and led her towards the living room, where the boys had positioned themselves, posed like they were at a photo shoot.

“Welcome my dear,” Jaebum was the first to come ‘alive’ and he strutted forward to kiss her hand.

Sangmi giggled. “Are they always like this?”

“Sometimes,” I replied. “They’re just excited that there’s another girl here.”

“Nice to meet you, I’m Junho,” Junho gave a perfect 10-out-of-10 eye smile and extended his hand.

“You too, I’m Sangmi!” She shook his hand with enthusiasm.

“Hey, thanks for coming over,” Chansung raised his ramen noodle cup in the air.

My eyes widened in horror. STILL EATING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

“Hello! I love that type of ramen too!” Sangmi waved.

“So, this is the Sangmi whom Eun-Gyo talks about so much,” Wooyoung looked up at her with big eyes and immediately stood up straight to shake her hand.

“Nice to meet you too,” Sangmi looked away and blushed.

“I’m Taecyeon,” Taecyeon nodded.

Sangmi nodded in return.
“And I’m Nichkhun,” He softly said, he looked like an angel.

“Nice to meet you all!” Sangmi gave a small bow.

“Well, let us have a party!!!!” Jaebum pumped his fist in the air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked at Eun-Gyo’s radiant, glowing face as she and her friend, Sangmi I believe, chattered away.

‘I should probably introduce myself.’

I slid next to Eun-Gyo on the couch and tapped her on the shoulder.

“Hmm?” Her sparkling eyes greeted me. “Oh you two haven’t been formally introduced yet.”

“Ne, hello. I am Junsu from 2PM.” I bowed from my seat as I introduced myself.

“Ah, yes, I am Sangmi!” She bowed back and gave a smile. “I heard that you two have been getting friendly with each other.”

“Uhm,” Eun-Gyo turned a pink color, which I found extremely adorable.

“Yes, yes we have,” I decided to take the initiative and wrapped my arm around Eun-Gyo’s waist. “In fact…”

“No!!!!” Sangmi’s eyes widened in fascination.

“Well,” Eun-Gyo stuttered.

“Get out! I’m so happy for you two!” Sangmi shrieked and gave a hug to Eun-Gyo.

“Thanks!” Eun-Gyo returned the smile with one of her own. “By the way, have you talked to Wooyoung again yet?”

“No, not yet.”

“You should! He totally acted like a man in front of you. Normally he just acts like a hyper kid. I think he likes you!”

“No way! I was too embarrassed to look at him.”

“Go talk to him! Now!” Eun-Gyo gave a small push.

“Come with me?” Sangmi pulled a worried face.

“Of course, hold on.” Eun-Gyo turned to me. “Junsu…”

“Hmm?” I responded, but I already knew, of course, what she was going to ask.

“I need to assist Sangmi, can I leave you for a bit?”

“Sure, but first!” I pointed at my cheek.

I felt her lips lightly press to my temple and I was satisfied.

“Go!”


It had been awhile since I’d let Sangmi take Eun-Gyo from me. Where were they? Did it really take that long for Eun-Gyo to introduce Sangmi to Wooyoung?
I want my Eun-Gyo!!!!!!!!!!!

I looked up to see Nichkhun’s icy glare on me.

I returned the stare.

Nichkhun jerked his head towards the balcony and I had no choice but to follow and obey.

Once outside, Nichkhun closed the door soundly behind himself.

“Junsu…” His voice was somber and I began to get nervous.

“What do you want to discuss?” I tried to sound brave, but my voice wavered.

Nichkhun is a nice guy, but once he’s angry, it’s hard to tell what he will do.

“I can’t believe you just took Eun-Gyo away!” Nichkhun nearly yelled at me. “I know you knew my feelings for her! You never took me into consideration about the situation though did you? Just figured you could snatch her away and make her yours? I never had a chance to even tell her my feelings. That’s unfair!”

I couldn’t say anything. I knew he was right. He always is.

“Well what was I supposed to do? I couldn’t have made her choose between you or me! Besides, she already had feelings for me before she even knew me in person!”

“So you felt that to save Eun-Gyo from choosing, you just decided to make her yours. Without consulting me? I’m terribly and bitterly angry and you, Junsu. Never in our years together would you have actually done this to me. Why?”

“Nichkhun…You are my good friend. You know under many circumstances I’d do anything for you and stick up for you.”

“So it’s just this ONE time you couldn’t do that?”

“Well…”

“I was crushed, Junsu! I can’t tell Eun-Gyo my feelings now because she’s with you! Well, I could if I really wanted to, but I’m not. You know why? It’s becuse you’re my friend! I would never do what you just did. It was selfish, and immature, but I’m still obligated to hold my tongue about how I feel!”

“Nichkhun…I don't know how to make this up to you.”

“Yeah? Well, you can’t. You probably won’t either,” and with that remark, Nichkhun opened and closed the balcony door again, leaving me by myself.

I had done my close friend wrong, made him hurt and brokenhearted. There was never a way to make up what I did.

But I wasn’t going to allow him to take or do anything to Eun-Gyo. She’s mine, and always will be.