Just The Beginning

The Heart Still Beats (For You)

“VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM” I winced as I pushed the vacuum cleaner around the carpet. I didn’t want to wake the boys this early in the morning, however, the floor was filthy and I was in no mood to wait to clean it.

What can I say? I’m a neat/clean freak. If something’s dirty, I’ll clean it immediately, no if-ands or buts.

“Eun-Gyo Noona?” A soft voice was barely audible, and I turned to face it.

A very sleepy Chansung, in his cute rubber-ducky pajamas, rubbing his eyes, greeted me.

“Ah, Chansungie!” I smiled and stood up straighter.

“Why are you cleaning this early in the morning? You shouldn’t overwork yourself!”

“That’s sweet of you,” I walked over and ruffled his bed-head hair-do. ‘Yup, he really is like my little brother. How cute!’

Chansung gave a small grunt as a reply.

“What are you doing up?” I questioned back, “You guys have the day off today, and you should sleep as much as you can. Oh, did I wake you up?”

“Nah,” Chansung waved the last comment off. “I’m just…hungry.” He sheepishly admitted.

“Come,” I beckoned the sleepy boy to a stool, near the counter. “I’ll make you something. I should be making breakfast anyways.”

“Thanks, Eun-Gyo Noona…” Chansung groggily shuffled over to the chair, and before I had noticed, was knocked out cold in sleep.

‘Good boy.’


“Eun-Gyo?”

“Woah, it smells good!”

“Whatcha making?”

“Why’s Chansung sleeping here?”

The boys tumbled into the living room/kitchen space, all sleepy-eyed and in their cute pajama outfits.

“Quack, quack,” I heard the repetitive sound coming towards me.

“Lovely slippers, Taecyeon,” I laughed.

“I know right?” He returned my smile with an even bigger one, his teeth made me blink because they were distracting.

“Thanks for making breakfast, it looks great,” Nichkhun had glided over, knocking Taecyeon out of the way and replacing him.

“You’re most welcome,” I smiled and gave a small bow.

“Hey! Jay-Hyung! That’s unfair, get away!” Junho stomped over towards the stove where the soup I had cooked was simmering, and was dragging the leader back.

“Was delicious! What? I can’t be a taste tester?” Jaebum pouted and then reached out, taking my hand, and kissing it.

Did my face go red? Or was it just the steam from the soup that had me feeling all warm?

“You, IDIOT!” Wooyoung flew into the room, and successfully landed a kick on Jaebum’s left side.

“Oof,” Jaebum let out a groan and fell to floor. “Not cool Wooyoung, not cool.”

“Well next time, you shouldn’t be assaulting someone in front of everyone!” Wooyoung threw back.

“I wasn’t assaulting anyone! I was simply expressing my gratitude towards Eun-Gyo for making a lovely breakfast for us!”

“Seriously though,” Taecyeon had decided to join in “I could see Jaebum assaulting someone.”

“So true,” Nichkhun sighed, shaking his head.

“And he’s our leader even,” Junho joined Nichkhun in nodding no.

“Y-y-y-y-you all!” Jaebum sputtered in rage. “I’m you’re leader! Respect me!”

“We respect you when we’re out on our schedule and on music stages, but you’re not the leader of our personal lives,” Nichkhun pointed out.

“Shut up…” Jaebum grumbled in English.

“Oh, you don’t want to admit that he’s right, huh?” Taecyeon replied back in English too.

“Just admit it!” Nichkhun joined in.

“…What are they saying?” Junho turned to Wooyoung for translation.

“Jaebum said ‘shut’…shut the door maybe? Taecyeon says back ‘don’t want to’ hmm, maybe as in I don’t want to shut the door? Nichkhun says ‘just…it’ as in just do it!” Wooyoung squinted and frantically tired to keep up with the fast-pace English conversation.

“I don’t believe you,” Junho threw is hands up in the air, frustrated.

“What’s everyone babbling about?” Chansung gave a monster yawn and faced s, who all halted and stared.

“A slight dispute?” I offered meekly.

“You shouldn’t have to listen to this Eun-Gyo Noona,” Chansung offered his hand to me, which I took and he led me to a room. “Stay,” He commanded before exiting.

“O-o-okay,” I sighed and sat in the nearest chair.

“Eun-Gyo?”

“EEEEEEEEEEYAH!” I screamed and jumped. A hand was over my mouth in a second, and I noticed a familiar ring on the person’s right, ring finger.

“Shhhhh,” Junsu gave me a look. “You don’t want the others to come in here and make a big fuss.”

I nodded, but couldn’t really say anything because his hand was still over my mouth.

I watched as Junsu’s gaze drifted from me, to the closed door, and observed his concentrated face.

“Quack, quack,” Taecyeon’s duck slippers headed for the direction where the room was located.

I felt as Junsu’s weight shifted towards me, forcing my back and head to the wall. Pretty soon, his chest was right near my face.

“Quack, quack,” the noise drifted down the hallway, as Taecyeon was probably just going to his room.

“That was close,” Junsu exhaled and looked at me again.

“Mmmmm,” I muffled. (Roughly was supposed to be saying “uhmmmmm” but since Junsu’s hand was over my mouth still, couldn’t pronounce properly.)

Junsu didn’t say anything back, it was just the two of us, our breath matching up to each other, staring into each other’s eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked into her eyes, those beautiful chocolate-brown eyes had me stunned and I couldn’t say anything back.

I had even forgot that my hand was over and I was worried that she could breath properly, but my hand wouldn’t move. It was like I was paralyzed.

“Eun-Gyo…” Was the only thing I could whisper back to her.

I couldn’t stand it anymore, I had to do something.

My heart thumped as I slowly withdrew my hand from .

I heard the sound of her exhaling from and that’s when I moved in, planting a full kiss on .

‘Oh my god. Did I really just do this?’ I squeezed my eyes closed, immersing myself in the kiss. ‘What if she doesn’t respond?’

I felt a slight struggle from her, as her lips tightened a bit, and she her body moved a bit in my embrace.

Not long after though, it seemed as if she were becoming more comfortable though, her body relaxed, and her lips finally began to give pressure back to mine.

I entwined my left hand in a lock of her almost-black brown hair, and began to move my lips.

I felt her hands wrap around my waist and it seemed as if she were falling into me.

I finally drew away from her lips, and began kissing her neck and cheeks.

“Junsu…” She sighed.

My name, did it ever sound so sweet? No, it would only sound this way if she said it.

“Junsu…” She said again, but this time she pulled away.

“What?” I blinked and in the moment, began to become embarrassed.

“Too fast,” She smiled and lightly kissed my cheek.

“Sorry,” I gave her a hug and buried my face into her shoulder.

“Don’t be.”

I looked up at her as she my hair and looked back at me tenderly.

“I probably should have asked you before I kissed you.” I buried my head back into her shoulder. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

“You don’t have to ask,” She smiled. “I already belonged to you.”

I reached my hand up to her cheek and it.

“One more?” I asked quietly.

She nodded and bent down to give me another kiss.

The start of a beautiful relationship I knew, and the start of a ton of drama probably.