~Epilogue~

The Heart Still Beats (For You)

-Three years later-


The room was full of life as stylists buzzed around, back and forth between the two brides.

“Can you get me some more hairspray?”

“Another bobby pin, please!”

“Flowers!!!! Where are the flowers?!?!?!”

Eun-Gyo looked over towards Melody.

“It’s nerve-wracking, huh?” She offered a smile.

“Yeah,” Melody weakly smiled in return. “I’m also super nervous…I mean, isn’t a wedding supposed to go perfectly? We’re both getting married though, it’s not just one wedding…does that mean there is the twice the probability of something bad happening?”

“Don’t worry,” Eun-Gyo offered a hand, which Melody took in return. “Just look straight ahead towards him, pay no attention to all the guests.”

“Thanks Eun-Gyo Unnie…” Melody gave another faint smile and breathed out as a makeup stylist frantically made some last minute touch-ups.

“Alright, alright! Out, out!!!!” The OneDay boys, aside from Junsu and Nichkhun (the grooms) burst into the room, shooing everyone out of the room.

Once everyone was fully out, and the doors of the room shut, Jaebum turned to Eun-Gyo and Melody with a smile on his face.

“Well, let’s get a good look at the two of you!” He clapped his hands.

Both girls hesitantly stood up and began arranging the white and cream-colored cloth of their dresses. (Eun-Gyo's Dress) (Melody's Dress)

“Lovely, just lovely,” Jaebum breathed. “Those two are definitely lucky…am I allowed to give you two beautiful brides a kiss?”

“Don’t you dare,” Taecyeon hit Jaebum’s head from behind. “You’re not the person to do such a thing. It is I who should give these two ladies a kiss!” Taecyeon greasily smiled.

“Both of you, stop,” Junho sighed and shook his head. “There really is no difference between the two of you. You both are extremely out of line…you…you just have problems…”

“Agreed,” Wooyoung came up from behind Junho and gave him a back hug.

“Get. Off. Me,” Junho shot daggers out of his eyes at Wooyoung.

“Now, now. Let’s be rational,” Chansung munched on a frosted white cookie. “You look gorgeous Eun-Gyo Noona. And Melody Noona, you’re as pretty as a picture.”

“Thank you,” Melody whispered and lowered her eyes.

“Melody! Are you going to dance and do the y wave with me at the reception?” Jokwon eagerly began practicing as he offered.

“Uhm,” Melody began.

“Don’t do that in a formal tuxedo, Jokwon,” Seulong put a hand on Jokwon’s shoulder. “You’ll rip it, and these are rentals!”

“Indeed, please stop it. You also look extremely ridiculous,” Changmin did a face-palm.

“But that’s just Jokwon’s character. Nothing much you can do about it,” Jinwoon laughed.

Eun-Gyo cracked a smile.

“It’s good to have all of you here. The both of us are really nervous.”

“Yeah,” Melody laughed. “It’s good to have a laugh in this situation.”

“Time to go, let’s get moving girls,” the wedding planner stuck her head in the door.

“Well, we’ll see you out there!” Taecyeon rounded the boys up and waved.

Eun-Gyo took Melody’s hands in her own.

“This is a big day for the both of us. You remember what I told you alright?”

“Yes Eun-Gyo Unnie, I remember.”

“Are you ready?”

“I am, I’ve never been more sure of anything.”

“Then let’s go.”


-Another five years later-


“Daddy! Daddy!!!” A little girl with light brown hair and hazel eyes squealed with delight as her father, Nichkhun, pushed her on the swing.

“Is it fun?” Nichkhun asked and chuckled.

“Yes!!! Underdog again, please!!!” The little girl giggled again and kicked her legs.

“Alright, weeeeeeee!” Nichkhun pushed the swing over his head and passed underneath.

“Yaaaaaaay!”

“Nichkhun!!!! Florence!!!! Come have something to eat!” Melody waved across the playground.

“Mommy, mommy! Did you see me? I was flying!!! Daddy pushed me!” Florence toddled over and plopped in Melody’s lap.

“Yes sweetie, I did. Daddy’s strong isn’t he?” Melody smoothed Florence’s naturally wavy hair.

“I’m tired though…what’s for lunch?” Nichkhun flopped on a blanket and sighed outwardly. “Having a four-year-old daughter is harder than it looks.”

“Here,” Melody offered a homemade lunch box to Nichkhun.

“Thanks,” He eagerly reached out and gratefully took the box.

“Oh wow, you came to the park today too?” A familiar voice came from behind.

“Junsu ah! Wow, great to see you!” Nichkhun immediately stood up and greeted Junsu. “And who’s this?”

“Dongwook, can you greet Nichkhun-Ajusshi?” Eun-Gyo gently pushed forward a five-year-old boy forward.

“Hello,” he shyly bowed and then clung to his mother’s summer sundress.

“Woah, he’s a good looking fellow,” Nichkhun praised. “Looks like you, Junsu!”

“He’s got my looks, but his mother’s personality. He’s a sweet and sensitive boy,” Junsu smiled.

“Eun-Gyo Unnie!!!” Melody waved from below.

“Melody!” Eun-Gyo sat next to her. “Is this Florence? She’s gotten so grown up and pretty since the last time I saw her.”

“Thank you,” Florence quietly whispered.

“Polite too, lovely child.”

“Hey Florence, do you want to play with me?” Dongwook offered a hand to Florence.

“Yeah!” Florence got up from her mother’s lap and took Dongwook’s hand and the two ran off toward the play structure.

“We’re going to have to watch those two closely when they get to be teenagers,” Nichkhun joked.

“No kidding,” Junsu joined in.

“Uhm, well. I was going to announce this earlier and at home, but I guess I could share now,” Melody turned a red color.

“What’s wrong?” Nichkhun worriedly put his arm around his wife.

“What’s the news?” Eun-Gyo took Junsu’s arm and laid her head on his shoulder.

“I’m…I’m pregnant again,” Melody’s eyes widened as she revealed her secret.

“Seriously?” Nichkhun intensely stared at Melody’s stomach.

“Wow! Really? I was just about to tell you two that I’m also pregnant! 3 months in,” Eun-Gyo smiled.

“We were planning on telling you two sometime when we got together again,” Junsu proudly put a hand on Eun-Gyo’s stomach.

“Congratulations!” Melody smiled.

“You too!” Eun-Gyo laughed.

“Nichkhun?” Junsu looked at his friend who was still stunned about the first news.

“Seriously?” He kept repeating over and over again.

“Yeah,” Melody replied. “You’re not happy?”

“No,” Nichkhun’s smile gradually spread into a large Cheshire Cat toothy grin. “I’m SUPER happy! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” He yelled.

“Shh, don’t yell so loud! We’re in a public place!” Melody admonished, but she was laughing.

“He’s super happy,” Junsu chuckled along with Melody. “Woah, look over there!” He pointed to the sky beyond Eun-Gyo’s head.

“Huh?” Eun-Gyo turned around and was caught in Junsu’s arms a second later.

“Gotcha,” Junsu laughed before giving her a kiss.

Nichkhun slipped his arms around Melody’s waist. “I love you,” he whispered in Melody’s ear.

“And I love you,” Melody took Nichkhun’s face in her hands and gave him a kiss.