Pictures of You

KyuHyuk Drabbles

Pictures of you. 1836 words.

 

Kyuhyun smiled as he looked at the old pictures saved in his lap top. He chuckled as he saw a picture of him sitting in the classroom. He was about to go to the next album when he noticed something, a boy, in the seat behind him. What was his name again?

 

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes. He couldn’t remember so he sighed and shrugged, now going through the pictures of him in late middle school. And it was there again, the same boy in one of hundreds of pictures he had. He was there, looking down and reading a book, walking absent mindedly while Kyuhyun and his friends took pictures in the street outside school. “He was called… ummm…,” and he gave up, he couldn’t remember the name of the boy who sat behind him for years and was in the same classroom the next ones.

 

Kyuhyun never talked to him.

 

The surprising thing though, was that he found the same boy in one or two pictures of high school and he frowned. If he spent so much time with that boy, why couldn’t he remember his name?

 

He took out his cell phone and dialed Donghae’s number, looking at that last picture of him in college with the boy sitting behind him reading a book, wait, was it the same book from before?

 

“Hello?” Donghae answered with a husky voice that only told Kyuhyun the latter was sleeping as he always did.

 

“Hae, do you have the yearbook?” Kyuhyun asked, now regretting the fact that he left all his yearbooks in his parent’s house.

 

“Huh? Which one?” Donghae asked, being Kyuhyun’s friend since forever.

 

“All of them,” Kyuhyun said determined and after agreeing on going to get them to his house, he hung up and grabbed his keys and jacket, going out of his apartment.

 

“What the hell…,” Kyuhyun frowned as he saw the picture of the same boy smiling lightly in the yearbook. “Why the hell it has no name?” he groaned as he picked another yearbook and looked through the pages.

 

The High School yearbook made Kyuhyun almost yell in annoyance because it was exactly the place where the name was written that the letters were blurred and it couldn’t be seen.

 

“Whatever,” Kyuhyun frowned and threw the yearbooks away as he threw himself in the couch and closed his eyes. “I don’t care anyways…”

 

The cherry of the cake though, was when Kyuhyun found a recent picture of him and some friends in a karaoke that he found the same boy- no, a man now, definitely the same one in those pictures before, standing behind him, picking some glasses of the table because he was a waiter.

 

Kyuhyun looked at his watch, it was a relatively good time to go to the karaoke and he grabbed his jacket again, storming out of the room.

 

“Huh? That’s a friend, he just replazed me when I was sick last week,” the waiter told him when he showed the picture and he groaned.

 

“Can you please tell me his name or how can I find him?” Kyuhyun asked desperately and the man looked at him confused.

 

“Is there anything you need? I’ll let him know when I see him,” the waiter said and Kyuhyun sighed.

 

“No, I just want to meet him,” Kyuhyun admitted, hoping the man would just shut up and give him the name or address or better yet, phone number.

 

“I don’t know,” and Kyuhyun’s hopes all crashed down.

 

“What?” Kyuhyun asked frowning lightly.

 

“I don’t know his full name, we all call him ‘Lee’ and he has never mentioned his number or address, we just meet sometimes casually and we talk al lot, or sometimes he goes to school too…,” the man trailed off clearly embarrassed.

 

“School? What school?” Kyuhyun asked opening his eyes widely.

 

“Seoul’s university, science’s faculty,” the man informed and Kyuhyun nodded.

 

“Thank you,” Kyuhyun said and turned around.

 

“Isn’t that professor Lee?” A girl asked herself as Kyuhyun showed the same picture from before to some girls he found at school.

 

“He looks like him… I didn’t know he was a waiter too! How cute!” The other girl squealed and Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

 

“Can you please tell me how to find him?” Kyuhyun asked, almost begging and the girls looked at each other before looking at him.

 

“He’s a substitute teacher for biological subjects, like biology or biochemistry, all those kinds, we don’t see him here often…,” the first girl said and Kyuhyun nodded.

 

“Do you know his full name?” he asked and he wanted to kill someone as the girls shook their heads.

 

Kyuhyun sighed and turned around when he saw a teacher walking by. “What does he teach?” he asked and the girls raised an eyebrow before answering.

 

“That’s our genetics teacher,” one of them answered and Kyuhyun nodded before going to him.

 

“Hello sir, I’m Cho Kyuhyun,” Kyuhyun said as the other stopped and looked at him and smiled gently.

 

“How can I help-” Kyuhyun didn’t allow the man to say something to him as he hit him hard and the other fell down clenching in pain.

 

“Ah sorry! It wasn’t my intention!” Kyuhyun said chuckling and helping the man up. “I guess you’ll need a substitute for your next class, don’t worry, I’ll pay for all the damages.”

 

The man stood up and coughed. “It’s okay, I’m-”

 

“TAKE THIS MAN TO THE HOSPITAL! SOMEONE!” Kyuhyun yelled throwing the man towards another student’s body and telling another one to announce it to the head master of the school. “YOU NEED A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER FOR GENETICS!”

 

And so, half an hour later, Kyuhyun knew the substitute teacher had come and he fidgeted nervously, trying to be positive that the man was the one he’s been looking for.

 

He turned around, ready to look for someone to tell him where he was when a man crashed against him and both fell down the floor. “Oh my god! I’m sorry!” Kyuhyun heard and he hissed in pain before looking up and see the other had crawled towards him and was wearing a worried face.

 

“Y-You…,” Kyuhyun opened his eyes widely and cupped the other’s face between his hands. “Who the hell are you?!” he asked and the man flinched at the voice, eyes getting teary.

 

“I-I’m so sorry… please forgive me…,” the man said and Kyuhyun felt slightly guilty for letting his frustrations out like that. “I-I promise I’ll go away soon… I’m so sorry.”

 

Kyuhyun let go of him. “N-No, sorry for yelling at you it’s just that-”

 

And he couldn’t continue because the man was looking down and covering his face with his hands and he wanted to hit himself. “I’m so sorry… I was being careless and- I’m sorry…”

 

“No, it’s okay,” Kyuhyun sighed and looked around, all the students looking at them. “Umm… sorry, I didn’t mean to yell at you, I’m sorry too okay, I was also distracted…,” he said tapping the other’s shoulders.

 

The man looked up from his hands to him and Kyuhyun smiled assuring, making him blush slightly. “K-Kyuhyun?”

 

Kyuhyun gasped. “Ah! You know me! I knew it was you!”

 

The man looked at Kyuhyun confused and then around, hearing everyone gossiping and giggling because of them. “I-I have to go,” he said gathering all his belongings that fell on the floor and standing up stumbling on his own feet.

 

Kyuhyun stood up and helped the other be stable again. “Careful,” he mumbled as the other blushed deeply and looked away.

 

“I’m sorry again, and thank you,” the man said as he turned around.

 

“Wait!” Kyuhyun yelled and followed until he was in front of the other blocking his way. “I want to know who you are, what’s your name, why I never saw you before.”

 

And Kyuhyun felt like a hand squeezing his heart when he looked at the hurt expression of the other. “You… You don’t remember my name?” he asked with shaky voice. “Did you even learn it sometime?”

 

Kyuhyun looked down. “Well, to be honest, just some days ago I realized you appeared in some pictures since kinder garden and I-”

 

And Kyuhyun didn’t finish because the other had turned around and walked away.

 

“No! Wait! I’m sorry! I just-” Kyuhyun froze when he grabbed the other’s arm and turned him around, watching the tears going down the pale skin.

 

“Hyukjae, I’m Lee Hyukjae, I was in the same kinder garden, middle school, high school and we even shared some college lessons together,” the man looked up and Kyuhyun felt something piercing his heart when he saw those bright and big eyes looking directly at his.

 

There were some minutes of painful silence and when Kyuhyun opened his mouth to talk, the other did so.

 

“You asked me to stay with you forever when we were five… and you didn’t even know my name?” Hyukjae asked and Kyuhyun gasped, now those images flowing in his mind as he remembered it, those eyes, that pale skin, those lips. That day Hyukjae comforted him because his mother had died and he was only five, that day in which Hyukjae stood by his side the entire day, hugging him and letting him cry endlessly. “And to think I waited for you to remember all those years…I’m so stupid…,” Hyukjae mumbled looking down and letting out some tears.

 

Kyuhyun remembered, how he always wished to be hugged by that person again, how much he craved for that comforting feeling again and how he forgot about it too soon. “I-”

 

“I have a class to teach, please leave,” Hyukjae said tuning around and entering a classroom, leaving Kyuhyun behind.

 

Kyuhyun smiled and looked up, why was he feeling so happy and with a fluttering heart?

 

He smiled gently and opened the door of the same classroom, the students were already sat down and Hyukjae was preparing his belongings but Kyuhyun didn’t care. He walked to the desk and hugged Hyukjae tightly, sighing deeply.

 

“I’m sorry,” Kyuhyun mumbled, watching how the other had his eyes wide open and a furious blush in his cheeks. “But if you allow me, I’ll make it up for you.”

 

Hyukjae blushed madly and looked over to his students, looking down in embarrassment because all of them were looking at them paying their entire attention. “I-”

 

“If you had told me before you would be married by now,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae gasped.

 

“W-What?” Hyukjae asked truly confused before his lips were captured into a soft kiss.

 

“It’s me the one sticking to you from now on,” Kyuhyun said parting away and running his thumb through Hyukjae’s lower lip gently.

 

It was not so amazing how the next pictures in Kyuhyun’s laptop were all with Hyukjae by his side, or even just Hyukjae in the frame, Hyukjae dressed in white kissing him gently, Hyukjae cooking for him or together cuddling in the couch.

 

Kyuhyun never felt so happy of his picture albums.




A/N: don't ask, I have no idea where this came from...