The Bet

KyuHyuk Drabbles

 

“Why are you dragging me into this?” Hyukjae asked frowning deeply, his strawberry cake over the table in front of him while his friends were gathered all around, looking at him with big expectation eyes. “I won’t do it, it’s cruel,” he added firmly. “And he’s a senior.”

 

“But Hyuk!” Sungmin pouted. “It will be fun!” he said and Hyukjae pursed his lips in irritation.

 

“What would you feel if someone makes you fall in love just for a bet?” Hyukjae asked furious. “I won’t do this, you guys are disgusting,” he said and stood up, walking away from the cafeteria, ignoring the calls from his friends in the table.

 

The topic didn’t last long and Hyukjae felt relieved. Sungmin and the others apologized saying they realized it was actually stupid and he simply smiled, letting them know he was okay as long as they thought about other’s people’s feelings.

 

“Hey Hyukjae!” Kyuhyun, the one senior sitting by his side in the math class, greeted and Hyukjae smiled weakly.

 

“Hello Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae greeted back, feeling a little guilty that his friends even thought about making Kyuhyun fall for him just for money.

 

They sat down in their respective tables, chatting and smiling at each other. “So um…,” Kyuhyun trailed while the teacher explained a series of problems. “I was wondering… if you, you know… would like to go out with me? This afternoon?” he asked and Hyukjae gasped softly, widening his eyes and looking at Kyuhyun.

 

“W-What?” Hyukjae asked nervously, blushing hard and looking at Kyuhyun’s brown and honest eyes.

 

“Date? With me? This afternoon?” Kyuhyun asked again, smiling softly because he liked to see Hyukjae’s blush.

 

“I-I… me? A second year?” Hyukjae bit his lower lip.

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly. “Yes, you, the second year. With me, the third year,” he said and Hyukjae blushed madly.

 

Hyukjae smiled sweetly. “After school?” He asked with an assuring smile.

 

Kyuhyun grinned. “After school,” he said and turned to the teacher again, smiling brightly.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Thank you Kyuhyun, it was truly amazing,” Hyukjae said as Kyuhyun took him to his house late at night.

 

Kyuhyun smiled. “Thanks to you,” he said and kissed Hyukjae’s forehead, making the other bite his lower lip in nervousness. “I’ll see you tomorrow,” the taller said winking an eye and going to his car, driving off almost immediately.

 

It was after three weeks that Hyukjae realized he was actually feeling something for Kyuhyun and they started going out more often.

 

In two months, Hyukjae gave himself to Kyuhyun and told him ‘I love you’, to which the taller smiled and kissed him softly but said nothing. The next morning he woke up in Kyuhyun’s arms and he thought that maybe Kyuhyun wasn’t a man of many words.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Let’s break up,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae froze, tears going out from his eyes almost immediately.

 

“What?” Hyukjae asked looking at Kyuhyun’s cold stare.

 

“Let’s break up,” Kyuhyun repeated, frowning deeply.

 

Hyukjae couldn’t utter a word, he could do nothing, not even move. His legs felt like giving up in any second and when they did, he fell down to his knees and hands, head down with tears streaming down his face. He fell pathetic for being so weak and vulnerable in front of Kyuhyun so he tried to stand up.

 

Kyuhyun sighed and tried to help Hyukjae up, but the smaller snapped his hand away and stood up by himself, looking up at him. “Look Hyukjae, you’re a really nice guy but you’re not my type,” Kyuhyun said trying to sound calm.

 

Hyukjae bit his lower lip hardly, looking down because Kyuhyun didn’t deserve his tears. “Then why? You knew me already, you knew how I was before dating me! Why did you ask me out anyway?!”

 

“Because I don’t like to lose, not such a bet,” Kyuhyun answered with a chuckle. “And now I have quite a lot of money so I think it’s fair if you have half of-”

 

Kyuhyun opened his eyes widely, his hand going up to touch his red cheek, the exact place where he was slapped a second before. “Jerk,” Hyukjae mumbled, closing his hand into a fist and letting his tears run out endlessly. “I trusted you! You took my first time! You’re an idiot Kyuhyun!” he yelled and ran away, leaving a shocked Kyuhyun behind.

 

Kyuhyun gulped, feeling a pang in his chest that made him want to yell. He turned and could only see Hyukjae’s retreating back. “Wait! Hyukjae!” he called and followed the smaller.

 

But it was late and Kyuhyun couldn’t find the other until the bell rang.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“What the hell Sungmin?!” Kyuhyun yelled, frowning deeply as he massaged his pained jaw after the punch Sungmin landed there.

 

“You idiot!” Sungmin pointed at him, gaining the attention of the entire cafeteria.

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and pursed his lips. “If you’re going to defend Hyukjae, it’s okay, he doesn’t talk to me or even acknowledges my existence, you don’t need to defend him,” he said frowning.

 

Sungmin clenched his fists tightly. “A bet,” he said frowning deeply, everyone’s eyes over them. “We made a bet whether Hyukjae could make you fall in love with him or at least make you ask him out,” he said and Kyuhyun frowned.

 

“Then why the hell are you guys mad at me?! You did the same!” Kyuhyun yelled, feeling his chest heavy because he didn’t like to know it was also a game for Hyukjae.

 

“You bastard!” Sungmin yelled punching Kyuhyun again, making him fall down the floor. “He said it was cruel to do so! That he wouldn’t do that to someone! He didn’t talk to me for two entire weeks just for mentioning a bet! You’re an idiot! You made him cry for three days in a row!” Sungmin exclaimed furiously, kicking Kyuhyun and punching him nonstop. “You son of a ! I’ll ing kill you!”

 

It wasn’t until two teachers came that they could take Sungmin away from Kyuhyun bleeding on the floor.

 

Kyuhyun was in the hospital the whole day.

 

“Do you see this?” Kyuhyun asked pointing at his bruised face and grabbing Hyukjae’s chin to face him.

 

“Your face, yes. I can see it,” Hyukjae said snapping Kyuhyun’s bandaged hand away from his chin and turning once again to pay attention to the math teacher.

 

Kyuhyun frowned. “This was because of you,” Kyuhyun mumbled.

 

Hyukjae stayed silent.

 

“Do you know how much it hurts?” Kyuhyun asked annoyed. “Every day I shower and the ing soap makes it hurt even worst, this all because of you!”

 

Hyukjae turned to Kyuhyun, a furious look in his face and a frown in his forehead. “Sungmin was suspended a whole week,” he said coldly. “I’m alone now, your stupid fangirls keep on punching me against the lockers and hiding my stuff, I guess we’re even.”

 

Kyuhyun pursed his lips. “We’re not,” he said but Hyukjae had turned around already.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Shouldn’t you be thankful that he even bothered in asking you out?” An older girl asked and Hyukjae frowned.

 

“Yes, I’m thankful,” Hyukjae said trying to avoid any type of trouble.

 

The girl frowned. “And you ruined his face also!” she exclaimed punching Hyukjae against the wall.

 

Hyukjae bit the inside of his cheeks, not saying anything or doing anything because he knew it would be worst if he did so. He stayed against the wall, looking down and pressing his books against his chest.

 

“What’s going on?” and Hyukjae wanted to run away when he heard Kyuhyun’s voice. He didn’t want to own anything to the taller.

 

“Ah oppa!” the girl sang and Hyukjae turned around, walking away.

 

“Hyukjae!” Kyuhyun yelled, running behind the other.

 

Hyukjae walked faster, going to one of the empty rooms and hoping Kyuhyun wouldn’t find him there.

 

After ten minutes, Hyukjae stayed quiet and he was almost sure that one, Kyuhyun wasn’t looking for him anymore, and two, that he had missed his class.

 

Hyukjae sighed deeply and sat down in one of the seats of the room, opening his book and reading it to distract his mind. He jumped when he heard the door open and his heart started beating extremely fast when he turned around and saw Kyuhyun entering the room. “Finally, I thought you were a ghost or something,” he said and Hyukjae gulped nervously.

 

“What else do you want?” Hyukjae asked with trembling lips, because he still couldn’t stand being so close to Kyuhyun without wanting to punch him in the face or kiss him. It was impossible. “Apart from mocking me with the money you won.”

 

Kyuhyun sighed and Hyukjae saw how he locked the door from inside. “I want to talk,” he said and Hyukjae chuckled bitterly.

 

“But I don’t want to,” Hyukjae retorted taking out his earphones.

 

“Look, Hyukjae, I think I was actually a jerk,” Kyuhyun said walking closer.

 

“That’s not new for me Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae said putting on his earphones and plugging them to his cell phone, playing the music at the maximum volume. He focused himself on reading, or more like simply staring at the book.

 

A pair of hands took away the earphones from Hyukjae and the smaller turned around alarmed. “You’ll get deaf if you keep on listening to music like this,” Kyuhyun said and offered a soft smile. A smile that Hyukjae remembered making him smile back but now it only made him want to cry.

 

“Maybe that’s what I want,” Hyukjae mumbled. Because he knew that if he talked normally Kyuhyun would realize how shaky his voice was.

 

Kyuhyun sighed. “Okay, I’m sorry,” he finally said and Hyukjae frowned.

 

“I’m sorry too,” Hyukjae said snatching his earphones away, his music could be heard even without them on.

 

Kyuhyun grabbed both Hyukjae’s wrists and looked at him at the eyes. “I mean it,” he said serious and Hyukjae chuckled.

 

“And I mean it too,” Hyukjae said, not trying to take his hands away because deep inside he knew he missed Kyuhyun’s touch. “Can I get my hands back? And my privacy?”

 

Kyuhyun frowned without letting Hyukjae go. “Why are you so hostile now? You were cute and friendly before.”

 

Hyukjae frowned, tears already trembling in his eyes. “Before you used me just to get money? If you had told me that you wanted the money then I could have given it to you instead, there was no need to make me go through all this…,” he whispered. “I hope you at least enjoyed spending it…”

 

Kyuhyun swallowed a lump in his throat. He grabbed Hyukjae’s both wrists with only one hand as the other took out his wallet. “I have it here, complete, I haven’t spent it…,” he said shoving his wallet towards Hyukjae. “You have it.”

 

Hyukjae looked at the wallet and then at Kyuhyun. “Jerk,” he said and freed his wrists from Kyuhyun’s hand.

 

Kyuhyun gasped. “No, I didn’t mean to offend you, I was trying to apologize!” he exclaimed, panicking when he saw Hyukjae picking up his book and walking to the door. “Hyukjae, let’s talk,” he said stopping the other. “I- Just… let’s start again…”

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun and then a faint smile came to his lips. “Later,” he said going out finally.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Kyuhyun looked at his watch nervously, waiting for Hyukjae to appear and sit by his side as he always did in the math class. He moved his legs frenetically, looking again at his watch because he couldn’t wait to talk to Hyukjae again.

 

It was two minutes before class started and Kyuhyun started becoming mad, he looked around nervously, wondering why Hyukjae was taking too long. “Calm down Kyuhyun, it’s not the first time you talk to him,” he tried to convince himself, breathing in and out repeatedly. “Let’s just start all over again, ever since the beginning, no bets this time…,” he said and smiled for himself, convinced that he could.

 

The time for the class was getting closer and closer and he could feel his heart pound fast against his chest. He gulped nervously as he saw the teacher entering and no Hyukjae.

 

It was after a few minutes that a boy entered the room, not from his class, Kyuhyun noticed. The boy whispered something to the teacher and the teacher turned to Donghae, one of Hyukjae’s cossets friends.

 

“Donghae, take notes, you’ll take them to Hyukjae,” the teacher simply said and Donghae gasped.

 

“What’s wrong with him?” Donghae asked nervously and Kyuhyun felt his hands trembling in mere fear.

 

“He’s in the hospital, seems to be he was enrolled in a serious accident in his way home.”

 

And Kyuhyun stood up, running out from the room.


 

A/N: umm... yes... maybe I'll write a sequel or something... xD