Sequel to 'The Bet'

KyuHyuk Drabbles

 

 

Kyuhyun ran as fast as he could, making his way to the waiting room where he could find Hyukjae’s mother and sister, probably his father was talking to a doctor or inside the room. He looked around and found Sungmin sitting down in the couch, shaking his leg vigorously as he bit his nails in nervousness.

 

He walked forward, feeling slightly better when he saw everyone was doing better, no one was crying and that was always a good sign.

 

“What are you doing here?” Sungmin asked as soon as he looked at the other.

 

Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin, almost begging. “How’s he?” he asked with a shaky voice.

 

Sungmin frowned. “Fine, he’s doing fine, he just woke up, now you can leave,” he said serious, glancing at Hyukjae’s mother and sister, almost wishing for them to not see Kyuhyun there.

 

Kyuhyun felt something pain him from the inside. “I want to see him,” he said and Sungmin frowned deeper.

 

“You broke his heart and now you want to mock him because he also broke his bones?” Sungmin asked infuriated. “You have no right to-!”

 

“Kyuhyun-shi?” both, Sungmin and Kyuhyun turned to the soft voice that called the taller, facing Hyukjae’s mother and sister, both smiling softly at Kyuhyun.

 

And the tall man knew, Hyukjae didn’t say anything about him betting his heart. “Hello,” he bowed, feeling guilty because they had treated him really well when he visited them home.

 

Sungmin had to swallow his words, because Hyukjae’s mother had something for Kyuhyun and really liked him. His only comfort was that Hyukjae couldn’t receive visit until the next day and he would have time to prepare the smaller.

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

Kyuhyun was informed that Hyukjae was fine, that he only broke a leg and that Sungmin was in charge of making him feel extremely guilty. And even when he glared at the other, the smaller just poked his tongue out and told him how much he hated for hurting his best friend.

 

The punches he got later from Sungmin that were meant to be ‘friendly’ were simply a plus.

 

But it was until the second day that Hyukjae was in the hospital that he could go inside.

 

Hyukjae raised an eyebrow, looking at the flower in Kyuhyun’s hand. “Get well soon,” Kyuhyun said, sitting down in the chair next to Hyukjae’s hospital bed and placing the flower over the other’s lap.

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun and then at the flower on his lap. “What does this means?” he asked, partly curious of what Kyuhyun had to do to make Sungmin agree to let them be alone.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “I’ve decided I’ll buy you flowers with every cent I’ve got from the bet,” he admitted. “Or whatever you wish, if not, just flowers.”

 

Hyukjae sighed. “I don’t need flowers,” he said tiredly. “I just want to sleep…”

 

Kyuhyun took Hyukjae’s hand and took it to his mouth to kiss it softly but Hyukjae got free and simply looked at him. “Hyuk-”

 

“Is this another bet?” Hyukjae asked suddenly serious.

 

Kyuhyun felt his heart breaking in a million tiny pieces. “No Hyuk, I-”

 

“Just let me sleep Kyuhyun, I’ll accept all your flowers later,” Hyukjae sighed and closed his eyes, resting against the bunch of pillows in the back of the bed.

 

Kyuhyun let his head fall and stood up. “I’m sorry Hyuk,” he whispered. “I really do.”

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes. “I know,” he said. “But why am I still hostile?”

 

Kyuhyun smiled faintly. “Maybe because I can have a second chance?” he asked and he congratulated himself because he could finally make Hyukjae laugh softly.

 

“Just go away Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae said, but this time it was more like a joke, playful.

 

Kyuhyun sighed. “Fine, but I’ll be outside, just call me if you need someone to kiss or to hug or talk to,” he said smiling widely.

 

Hyukjae giggled. “I’ll let you know,” he promised and with that, Kyuhyun left the room.

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

When Hyukjae first stepped inside the school after his leg was finally cured, Kyuhyun was there to carry him on his back to all his classes even when he was dying out of embarrassment and whining telling the taller that he could walk by himself and that he was fine already.

 

But Kyuhyun wouldn’t hear, he was there, waiting for Hyukjae to go out from his classes, giving him a beautiful flower and carrying him to the next one.

 

Hyukjae learnt to simply enjoy the trip and rest his head on Kyuhyun’s back, mumbling stuff like that Kyuhyun wasn’t earning points because of that even when he definitely was. Everyone had gotten used to them being like that at school anyways.

 

And on those days, when Hyukjae was extremely tired, he slept on Kyuhyun’s back and the latter wouldn’t wake him up even if he had been carrying him for an hour or more. Kyuhyun would simply give another flower to Hyukjae and then tell him that he should rest better at home because he didn’t want Hyukjae to fall asleep in front of anyone else.

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

“What are you doing?” Hyukjae asked when he found his favorite desserts over his table.

 

Kyuhyun smiled. “I’m courting you,” he said smiling widely.

 

Hyukjae raised an eyebrow. “It looks more like you’re trying to bribe me with food,” he said looking at the seemingly delicious desserts.

 

Kyuhyun laughed and took Hyukjae’s hand, kissing it softly. “I’m hoping for it to work,” he said and Hyukjae blushed, taking his hand back and looking at the front.

 

“Try harder,” Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun grinned.

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

Hyukjae sighed. “It’s okay Kyuhyun, I can carry my own stuff,” he insisted while Kyuhyun simply walked, one hand holding Hyukjae’s school bag and the other dragging Hyukjae’s hand.

 

“I’m taking you home, you look tired,” Kyuhyun said, walking slowly and not taking his car because he wanted the trip to last.

 

Hyukjae sighed. “Well, then at least let me have my own hand,” he pouted.

 

Kyuhyun shook his head. “I’m a gentleman Hyuk, I’ll take your hand and guide you home,” he said smiling gently. “And then maybe I’ll get a kiss,” he said winking an eye to Hyukjae and smiling smugly.

 

Hyukjae coughed softly, covering his mouth with his free hand. “Not today gentleman Kyu,” he said looking away.

 

Kyuhyun laughed but didn’t try anything, he simply walked Hyukjae home in a comfortable silence that he loved.

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

It had been almost two months since Hyukjae had that accident and he was still receiving flowers every day. He even wondered where Kyuhyun was taking them from since he would take out a new one every time they met at the hall or at the cafeteria.

 

Hyukjae walked through the empty halls, truth was that he didn’t feel like going to the only class he had with his senior and ex-boyfriend, Kyuhyun. Not because it was awkward, but because he knew he was breaking again.

 

“I knew you wouldn’t go to class,” Kyuhyun said from his back and Hyukjae turned around a little alarmed, breathing in and out after that.

 

“You know me too well then,” Hyukjae said smiling weakly.

 

Kyuhyun walked forward, smiling gently and handing Hyukjae a red rose. “That bet Hyuk…,” he said softly. “I lost it…,” he admitted, looking up at Hyukjae that was looking at him with a confused look. “I lost it because I lost myself to you.”

 

Hyukjae blushed, feeling extremely nervous by Kyuhyun’s words. “Y-You surely know how to sweet talk Kyuhyun,” he said clearing his throat awkwardly and looking away.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, taking Hyukjae’s hand and placing the rose in between the smaller’s fingers. “It’s not sweet talk,” he said bitterly, feeling slightly hurt by Hyukjae’s words.

 

Hyukjae sighed deeply, smelling the beautiful rose. “You should know that I won’t believe you easily from now on Kyuhyun,” he said serious.

 

Kyuhyun swallowed, feeling guilty once again. “I don’t expect you to,” he admitted, sighing deeply and running his fingers through his hair. “I should leave now then,” he announced feeling rejected. “Though I will stay if you want me to,” he added hopeful.

 

Hyukjae giggled softly, leaning up slightly to peck the corner of Kyuhyun’s lips. “Have a nice day Kyuhyun,” he said.

 

And Kyuhyun felt awful, because he was being rejected. But he felt in heaven too because finally, after so much time, he could feel Hyukjae’s soft lips over his skin.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t have enough, he couldn’t control himself even when he wanted and he leaned down, wrapping his hands around Hyukjae’s waist and kissing the other’s lips deeply, feeling like heaven because Hyukjae didn’t push him away and even kissed back slowly.

 

When they finally broke the kiss, Hyukjae looked away, blushing madly and pushing Kyuhyun’s chest softly until he was free from the other’s embrace. “I- Weren’t you leaving already?” he asked shyly.

 

Kyuhyun smiled. “Only if you promise to take me back again,” he said sweetly.

 

Hyukjae smiled gently and looked up at Kyuhyun. “Only if you promise to come back,” he said and turned around.

 

It took some seconds for Kyuhyun to actually understand the meaning but when he did, he smiled idiotically, not realizing that Hyukjae had gone away from him already but happy that he was allowed to come back to Hyukjae’s life.

 

Kyuhyun’s phone rang and he smiled even wider to the text he just received. “No bets this time.” Hyukjae sent him. “No bets this time Hyuk,” he assured, smiling softly before going back to the classroom.

 

And Kyuhyun finally understood why he accepted the best ever since the beginning. “Because I needed an excuse to become someone special for you.”

 


A/N: I'm not sure if I did well but please enjoy~ ^^

I love you all! (: