Await

KyuHyuk Drabbles

 

Kyuhyun sighed loudly and rested his head against the seat as he glanced at his watch and realized it was late already. He didn’t know if he wanted to come home because Hyukjae and he had had a big fight that now was probably the most stupid thing to do.

It wasn’t as if Kyuhyun couldn’t fix his problem of ignoring Hyukjae for his video games, and he should recognize that Hyukjae loves him so much as to stop pursuing his career as a dancer only to marry him.

Kyuhyun closed his eyes, tired from the whole day working in the office and trying to ignore the fact that guilt was eating him alive for getting mad at Hyukjae who only asked a little more attention. 

The subway wasn’t that crowded and Kyuhyun thanked that because at least he could listen to his own thoughts. He took out his cell phone and smiled faintly when he saw he had a text from Hyukjae. “You’re late.” the text said and Kyuhyun knew Hyukjae was worried as hell because of that.

Kyuhyun sighed and smiled, preparing himself to answer. “Passengers, this is the driver of this unit,” the speakers suddenly sounded and it caught Kyuhyun’s attention.

Everyone in the wagon turned up curious and listened carefully.

“It is a disgrace to tell you that the breaks of this unit crashed and right now we’re only speeding without being able to stop,” Kyuhyun gasped, feeling how the panic was starting to build up to his body. “I am terribly sorry for this, but this unit will crash against a thick building in order to not cause a magnificent problem after crashing with another units. The estimated time for the crash is about three minutes.”

And Kyuhyun couldn’t wait anymore. Crashing against a wall at the velocity they were in was a death call. He knew he was going to die, that he would die in three minutes.

Kyuhyun looked around, the woman by his side suddenly started crying, the high school girl was hyperventilating and sobbing, mumbling a million things. There was a couple that hugged each other and an old man in front of him that simply closed his eyes waiting for the end.

And then there was him, with his cell phone between his fingers displaying Hyukjae’s number.

It took Kyuhyun some seconds to actually dial and take the phone to his ear, feeling his heart beating extremely fast and his eyes watering. “Kyuhyun?” Hyukjae answered in the other line and Kyuhyun didn’t know if it was because he was going to die but he suddenly remembered how perfect Hyukjae was.

“Hyukkie,” Kyuhyun called. “Hyuk… I’m sorry for this morning fight,” he quickly apologized.

There were some seconds of silence. “It’s okay Kyu, you were right, you need time for yourself.”

“No,” Kyuhyun shook his head. “I need time for you, I was so stupid for wasting it doing something else, I should have gone to you and just hug you… Hyuk, I’m sorry…”

“Just come home already…” Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun smiled bitterly.

“What if I don’t come back home Hyuk? What if I suddenly go away?” Kyuhyun asked watching how the woman was texting quickly while crying and the girl passed out.

Hyukjae gasped. “What are you talking about Kyuhyun?! Don’t say that you idiot!”

Kyuhyun closed his eyes for some seconds. “Tell me you love me,” he asked.

“I love you Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae said quickly. “With all my soul and heart, I love you.”

“Hyuk,” Kyuhyun called softly.

“Yes?” Hyukjae asked in the other line.

“I love you,” Kyuhyun declared and he knew, it was going to be the last time he would be able to say it. “I love you with all my heart and I want you to be happy forever. I can’t imagine my life being this perfect if you weren’t here, I love you and I always will. I’m sorry for the countless times I’ve made you cry and always remember that my heart belongs to you…”

“Kyu…,” Hyukjae called from the other line. “You sound weird… what’s going on?” he asked with trembling voice. “Just come home already…”

“I love you Hyuk…,” Kyuhyun whispered lovingly, a soft smile in his lips as he could see they were already in the surface, just waiting for the impact. He closed his eyes and let go of a single tear. “…don’t wait for me…”

 

3/4 KyuHyuk drabbles inspired by mimiship’s posters.