Gone

KyuHyuk Drabbles

 

For weeks, Hyukjae had tried everything to distract his mind from that special date. That date that marked the end of his life but not his love. The day in which Kyuhyun left him forever.

 

It wasn’t that Hyukjae was crazy and he would never move on. It was that he missed Kyuhyun and he wished the latter would be there to congratulate him for finally reaching his goal of being a professional dancer. He wanted Kyuhyun to tell him that he loved him and that they were the happiest person in the world.

 

Which was true.

 

Until God decided Kyuhyun was too good and took him away that afternoon of February, when the cold wind brushed against their blushed cheeks and Kyuhyun told him the last ‘I love you’ and took that train that would take him away, away from Hyukjae.

 

“Will you let me go Hyuk?” Kyuhyun had asked him and after some seconds of silence, Hyukjae had looked down and bit his lower lip, nodding lightly and thinking that Kyuhyun was getting tired of him.

 

But it didn’t happen, Kyuhyun wasn’t tired of him. Kyuhyun was dying and he knew it. “I don’t want you to see me die,” he had said. “I’ll go away when I feel I can’t anymore and when I die, someone will come and inform you.”

 

Hyukjae waited for that someone but later realized it was a ‘something’ in reality. A red rose with an ‘I love you’ card with Kyuhyun’s handwriting. He had cried but he knew that was what Kyuhyun wanted, for him to not suffer taking care of someone dying. Kyuhyun knew him too well, he knew that Hyukjae wouldn’t let him go easily. So Hyukjae gave up and that day he let go of Kyuhyun’s hands with one last kiss in his lips.

 

A million tears couldn’t return Kyuhyun to him, he knew because he shed more than a million.

 

That date, five years after, Hyukjae went there, to the place he last saw Kyuhyun smile to him. He walked slowly, closing his eyes for just one second to feel Kyuhyun’s hand over his, intertwining their fingers as they waited for the train that would take Kyuhyun away for him.

 

They were silent that afternoon, there was nothing more to say but there was way too much Hyukjae would have loved to.

 

Hyukjae looked up and watched absent minded the train passing by. He had a huge urge to scream for Kyuhyun to come back and hug him because he was feeling lonely. But his screams would be muffled by the train and the only thing left was cry. Again.

 

He stood there, biting his lower lip because even when he promised Kyuhyun to not cry over him, he knew he was lying and he has been crying over his loving fiancé all those years. “But I’m happy…,” he mumbled. “You taught me love and I’m learning new things, I won’t give up,” he smiled, determined to make Kyuhyun happy whenever the other was.

 

The train finally passed by and Hyukjae was left watching the one at the other side, sighing deeply because there was nothing more he wanted than close his eyes and sleep forever. He turned around, ready to leave that place.

 

But then there it was. A figure, that figure. A smile, that smile. A pair of eyes, those eyes.  A man, his man.

 

“Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae mumbled, frozen in his place as he looked how the other smiled wider.

 

“Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun called and Hyukjae had to bit his lower lip, feeling a million things exploding inside him as he ran to his beloved, to his fiancé extending his arms for him and calling his name.

 

He hugged him tightly, wishing it was real or, if it was a dream, to never end. “I’m here,” Kyuhyun whispered, with the same velvet and smooth voice Hyukjae remembered. “And I won’t leave anymore.”

 

But Hyukjae could say nothing, he could only bury his face against Kyuhyun’s chest and cry his heart out, not wanting to let go and only kissing back when Kyuhyun’s soft lips touched his and he felt happy. Finally happy to be with the one he loved.

 

That time, Kyuhyun taught Hyukjae that something that was gone, could come back and stay forever.


A/N: Drabbles inspired in mimi unnie's KyuHyuk posters.