The Start of an End

She's MINE.

 

A/N: Long chappie ahead ><"

 

Author's POV

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, I cooked---“

“Where’s Dad?!” His voice echoed in their mansion. His Mom got startled and was about to approach him, “Where is Dad?!!” he asked again, yelling while gripping the paper that he was holding.

“I-In the company.”

Kyuhyun dashed outside and quickly drove to the company leaving his nervous Mom behind.

---

Kyuhyun barged into his Dad’s office, not minding the other people inside who were surprised when he entered angrily.

“Cho Kyuhyun!” the President stated firmly with a bit loud voice.

He showed the newspaper that he was holding earlier, seeing Aerin appointed as the vice-president of the HR airlines.

His Dad calmly looked at him, sighing, “I thought she already told you. Didn’t you receive her resignation letter a few weeks ago? And… didn’t you notice that she rarely work here?”

Kyuhyun messed up his hair, “I don’t know! And, you know that I didn’t allow her to leave! Aish!” He threw the newspaper on the floor and left the President’s office furiously.

He went straight to Aerin’s office, seeing it… empty. She did left.

“AISSSSSH!” he screamed out as he kicked the door madly.

The next thing he did is…

“I’m sorry, they flew to Macau last night.”

“W-what?!”

“Where?! They?!” he asked the employee on the lobby of Donghae’s company, fiercely.

“I-in Macau. Ms. Song Aerin and Mr. Lee Donghae.”

“Alone?! What are they doing there?! Where in Macau?!”

“I-I don’t know Sir.”

“C-can you please leave your name so that I can give---“

“Aissssssssh!!!” he screamed, that made the other employees looked at him. And so, the men in black approached him, asking him to calm down or to leave.

Scenes were playing on his mind when he was about to leave, however, he stopped.

“I didn’t expect to see you here Mr. Cho.” Hyukjae gave him a smirk as he bowed politely. Kyuhyun didn’t bow back but instead he glared at him, “Where are they?!”

“They?”

“You know what I’m talking about.”

“Ahh~ HaeRin?” Kyuhyun clenched his fists after hearing the combined names of the two, “-They’re in Macau. I don’t know where exactly in Macau, and when are they going back.”

“Oh, are they even going back?” He smirked again. Kyuhyun hastily grabbed Hyukjae’s collar that made the men in black almost dragged him, however, Hyukjae motioned them not to.

“What did you say?!”

Hyukjae removed his hands while giving him a look, “Aerin… needs to freshen up to remind her where she belongs… I didn’t know that the saying, ‘when the cat is away the mouse will play’ is true.”

Kyuhyun is about to punch him but Hyukjae dusted off his shoulder, saying, “Mr. Cho. You know your position.” He looked around, seeing the people watching them.

“I regret for hiring you as one of the models.” He removed his hand.

“I regret for being late that day…. Never assume, or you’ll get hurt in the end.

---

Days passed. Finally, it was December 24 already, Donghae and Aerin’s departure from Macau. After arranging her stuffs, she slouched over the bed while holding something. It was actually the package she received from Korea.

She got up when she heard a knock.

“Good afternoon Rin.” Donghae smiled sweetly. He was wearing the checkered shirt that Aerin gave on his birthday, and also, the bracelet.

“You’re quite early, come in.” She opened the door wide enough for him to enter, however, he shook his head, “I’ll show you something. Let’s go.” He pulled the clueless Aerin out of her room. He also intertwined his fingers on hers.

“Oppa, where are we going?? We’re going to board soon!”

He tightened his grip, “You’ll see.”

This could be the last time

There was a van waiting for them outside the hotel. She hopped on quietly as she observed Donghae who was looking unnaturally nervous.

When they arrived at the said place, she was surprised when a helicopter was waiting for them. He put on the headphones on her, “It’s your first time right?”

“Yup. I’m excited!” Aerin yelled happily, almost jumping.

They entered the helicopter, and it flew. The pilot was like a tour guide, he was giving information on they islands, buildings etc.

“I wanted you to see…”

“Omo!” Aerin exclaimed when the helicopter stopped at the middle of the sky. She looked down seeing a heart shaped grassy-like field.

“I-is that for real????” she slid her phone from her pocket and took a shot of it.

“Rin…”

“Hm?” she replied, still taking pictures.

“I saw it before on a series, I told myself that I’ll show it to you, the woman that I wanted to marry—“ She paused for a moment and continued in taking pictures, “—my feelings didn’t change even though we’re apart for years… I was hoping yours too.” He said, mumbling the last few words. Aerin just looked at him and smiled, “Thank you, Oppa.”

---

When Aerin arrived in their house, she ran to her room and locked it. She didn’t even greet anyone downstairs even though some of her cousins were there.

“Noona, let’s play!” Her five year old nephew exclaimed excitedly while knocking on her door. She didn’t do anything… but cry. She even ignored her phone calls, text messages etc.

It was almost midnight, she was still there at her room, staring.

What exactly happened was that,

When they landed in the airport, while they were waiting for their van, Aerin was looking blankly the whole time. Donghae went nearer to her, “Rin, I’ll just tell Mom that you can’t spend Christmas with us. Just rest.”

She gazed at him sadly, afterwards she took something from her bag, “Oppa… Merry Christmas, and… sorry.”

He messed up her hair and accepted Aerin’s gift on a box with red wrapper, “Aigoo~ Thanks for this! I also have my gift for you!” He smiled, taking something from his bag and gave it to her.

They opened the gifts. Donghae was surprised to see a white stuffed toy bear wearing a yellow shirt with ‘Be Happy’ sewn on it. He took it and showed to her, “A bear?? Is this really for me?” he giggled. He turned the bear to face him, however, he got surprised when he something sparkled, their couple bracelet.

His face changed. Afterwards, he gave a sweet smile.

“Hae, I—“

“Open my gift.”

She followed him while tearing up. Inside the box was a newly released ladies white watch from Chanel, “T-thank you.”

“Donghae-oppa… sorry.”

He looked up, seeing snow falling one by one, “No need to say it. I already know, you don’t have to tell me coz it will hurt much more. It’s my fault… for leaving you before.” If… I could only turn back time, it will definitely be the time when we’re together. He smiled. His eyes welled up and a tear started to fall, but still, he gave his sweet smile to Aerin, “Aigoo~ it’s so cold that it makes me tear up.” He wiped his eyes quickly and turned to face Aerin who was crying already.

“I’m sorry Oppa. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I’m so sorry. Sorry.” Donghae pulled her and wiped her tears, “Ssh. I’ll be mad if you won’t stop crying. You did nothing wrong baby so please smile, okay?” She wept even more.

It’s over

He hugged her tightly while brushing her hair, “Be happy, with him… and always remember, that I’m here for you no matter what… I love you Song Aerin…”

Goodbye… my love...

…How could I be happy when the one I love is in love with somebody else… If you could be mine once again, I swear I will never let you go again. I love you so much that all I can do is be happy for you even though I know to myself that I can’t.

“Sorry Donghae… and thank you.”

---

“Ya Aerin, how long are you going to lock yourself there?!”

She looked at the door, seeing Kyuhyun opened it with the keys on his hand.

“Ya! You’re trespassing!” she yelled at him, afterwards she sighed.

He closed the door and walked towards her, “How’s Macau with that Shareholder? Full of lovey-dovey, I guess.”

She glared at him, “If you don’t have nothing good to say, just leave.”

“Ooh~ did you have love quarrel? Aw. It’s Christmas and yet-“

“Aish!”

“Ya! Aren’t I supposed to be mad coz you became the vice president of that stupid airline. And, Wow, you went to Macau together! Spending Christmas together outside the country, oh-so—“

“Jealous?” She looked up, seeing Kyuhyun with hands on his waist, “I-I-I’m not. Just saying.”

“Really?”

“Hm!” he pouted, sitting beside Aerin on the bed.

“We ate in the hotel alone. We strolled together. We—“

“Stop it! I heard it was a business trip?!”

"And, and, why the hell did you sign the contract?!" He added.

“Ah, it was a business trip. But, was it wrong if I went with him? It happened already anyways.”

I wanted to forget you, telling myself that, I am for Donghae.

“H-happened?! T-the what?!” She giggled and winked at the furious Kyuhyun who forgot about the contract thingy.

IT happened.”

He tried to erase everything weird that came into his mind. The room was suddenly silenced by awkwardness.

“Are you the one who sent the bracelet back to me?”

“Why? Happy now?!”

“Thanks, for giving it back. But.. where did you get it? I mean, you know that I was looking for it.”

“I hid it when I saw it on the floor. It was the day of the photo shoot.” He answered irritatingly.

“Why didn’t you give it before? Why now?”

“B-because… I got afraid that you’ll go back to him. And… It felt like he owns you when you were wearing that.”

“You’re together now right? That’s why I gave it back.” He continued.

“Ahh…”

“Anyways, go downstairs. Your Mom is worried.”

She smirked, “So you’re going to let go that easily?”

“Aish! I didn’t! Just go down stupid!” He was about to stand up but Aerin mumbled his name softly. He faced her and suddenly, Aerin pulled his necktie and kissed him, "Merry Christmas Mr. CEO. I love you."

The surprised Kyuhyun grinned widely. His face turned red as he was trying to register onhis mind on what just happened, "D-did i hear it right?!"

She nodded with a sweet smile.

He tried to hide his happiness but it ended up embarrassing himself in front of her, "I wanna hear it again!" She stuck her tongue out, "No."

He hugged her happily, saying, "Aww. My shy Aerin. I love you~"

"I love you too, Kyu." He hugged her tightly, "Thank you!! She loves meeeee~!!" he yelled happily.

The best gift I received is your love. I promise not to let go. I swear i will love you even you more.

The best feeling is when the one you love, loves you back. I couldn't wish anything else, except for this. Fortunately, I got it, I got her, I own her now.

"How about... the Shareholder?"

She told her what happened while Kyuhyun was surprised that Donghae was the one who told her to be with him. With that, he gained respect from him for making a very hard decision.

Aerin-ah, do what makes you happy. Coz if you're happy, so am I. Be with Kyuhyun...

The hardest part... is to pretend that you're perfectly fine even though it is exactly the opposite, more on, much worst. Letting you go... is the best decision that I made, to prove how much I love you, even though, deep inside me... I'm only trying to keep on hanging on.

 

 

---

Thanks for the wait! <3

Hang in there 'kay? This story will end soon.

omg. it won't end up like this. gosh. why are you unsubscribing and stuffs....

 

It will appear on the next few chapters left ^^ just hang on there 'kay? 

"I'm... engaged to Hae."