The Start

She's MINE.

Aerin's POV

I didn’t sleep. Look at my eyes. Panda eyes. I’ll just work instead of thinking about and horrible things. I wore a sunglass to hide these puffy eyes of mine. I lazily turned the knob while yawning. The maids were outside my room, “Is there a problem?” I asked.

“The food is ready.” They bowed.

“I'll eat in the office."

 

 

Last night was a nightmare. Good thing Kyuhyun was there, I never thought that he will do that. He’s been soooooo nice to me these past few months. I thought that it was a sort of a joke but it wasn’t… I felt sincerity and security.

Afterwards I headed outside.

“Ya!” Kyuhyun was standing beside his car with his hands on his waist, his eyebrows were furrowed too.

“What the hell are you doing here?!” I asked, eyeing him.

“Don’t you know that you were so heavy?!” he scowled. I answered, "Y-you carried me?! Who told you to do that?!!" Now that I think about it... I slept on his car, and I just woke up this morning.

"Thanks last night." I added, though it sounds like something weird happened. Err.

“Where’s my car?” I turned around, looking at the maids, their heads were lowered.down.

“I’ll drive you to the office.” he walked towards me and grabbed my hand.

“Ya! Let go! The deal is over isn't it??” he opened the car door, pushed me inside the car. I was about to walked out from his car but he slammed the door that made me froze. I noticed his panda eyes too.. Don’t tell me that he didn’t sleep? He ran towards the driver’s seat. He buckled his seatbelt as I buckled mine, then he started to drive.

"Where the hell are we going?!” I hissed.

“I thought you won’t go to work today, you should have rest first, don’t make me worry too much.“ he said those in one breath, he blinked for a few times, he probably realized what he told me. H-he’s worried…? About me? We looked away from each other.

When we arrived at the company, we didn’t talk nor look at each other, I just kept on glancing at him. He kept on yawning, and there are times that he was trying to hide it from me. When we got to our floor, he walked out quickly like I wasn’t there, I followed him, he walked towards my office?  Why at my office? When we entered, he turned unto me, I closed the door and stared at him with a confused gaze.

“Ah about your work!“ he snapped. “-You’re the head of the Marketing Department from now on.”

“Stop joking around okay, I’m not in the mood.” I answered as I walked towards my table.

“Dad told me that he texted you.” I hurriedly opened my phone, since I put it on a silent mode last night. Stupid Kyuhyun!!! His texts were more than thirty texts!! It all says, “Where are you?” ,“Where the hell are you????” What the… Cho Kyuhyun.

And I saw his Dad’s text saying, “Aerin-ah, I tried calling you but your phone is off, if ever Kyuhyun forgot to tell you, you’ll be the head of the Marketing Department starting tomorrow. Drop by to my office tomorrow. Have a good night sleep.” My jaw slightly dropped. I jumped up and down. OH MY GOSH! YES! Kyuhyun was just staring at me while he was smirking. I went unto him, grabbed his hand, and jumped up and down. He was smiling and blushing?

--

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

This is what I wanted isn’t it? To move her out of my sight. But why do I felt like I did a wrong move? I kept on walking back and forth thinking about why am I like this. Aish. I ruffled my hair and walked out from my room. I went to her office, I slowly turned the knob and poked my head. She’s not here.

“Mr.Cho, are you looking for Ms. Song?” one of the staffs approached me.

“A-ani.” I answered then I walked out. I went towards the lift. I tapped 21th floor, it is where the Marketing Department is located. They looked at me with confusion as I walked out from the elevator. Of course they’ll be surprised to see me since I rarely visit here. Let’s say once in a blue moon.

I went towards the meeting hall on this floor, since that’s the only place where I think Aerin is. I bought her a packed lunch since I bet that she didn't eat breakfast again.

-----

 

 

It has been two days since she transferred to the Marketing Department, I was walking back and forth here around my office, checking my phone minute by minute. I texted her for a few times but she only replied me, “I’ll text you later.”

I’LL TEXT YOU LATER?! That text was half an hour ago! Suddenly the door opened, I almost jumped out from joy when it opened!

“Err.”

“Do you know how to knock?” I added, looking at the staff who was carrying piles of paper.

“S-sorry Sir.” He bowed down slightly, well, how is he supposed to knock with the papers on his hand. He placed it near the table, he bowed again.

“Wait, wait,” I called him when he was about to leave, I pointed at the papers that he was carrying before.

“What department is this from?”

“Marketing Sir.” He bowed down nervously then left.

Heh~ Marketing huh. I grabbed some from this pile, review these papers first before checking on the other documents passed this morning.

I hurriedly went towards her department. I didn’t knock, I just turned the knob. i opened the door widely, I slowly closed the door, she didn’t even look at me. Did she even notice that I’m here? She was lazily typing something on her laptop while her head is resting on her left palm. I made a fake cough, but still nothing. I bet she was daydreaming again. I opened the door and slammed it. She blinked for a few times, well I guess that woke her up from daydreaming.

“Ya! the ones that you passed were seriously a HEADACHE.” I said as I walked towards her.

“Oh. Sorry.” She replied looking at me then she sighed. “Let me correct it.” she added as she reach her hand unto the papers that I’m holding. I handed it to her. She was reading at those with a blank expression. And look at her, looks like she didn’t had enough sleep these days.

I sat down at the edge of her table while watching her reading. When she flipped the paper, I asked, “Can’t you see the mistake?” she paused and turned the paper, she read it again.

“There’s none.” She pouted, I stared at her with a serious gaze. I grabbed the folder from her, she’s looking at me as I searched for the wrong one that I saw when I read this.

“Here.” I showed it to her. She slightly tilted her head as she stared on it.

“Oh yeah.” She said, “I’ll fix these. Sorry.” She sighed.

“Do you miss me that much that you’re lacking here in the office?” I playfully said.

“Ya! Who will miss you??” she eyed me.

“Go out. I’ll finish this mess.”

“You better hand it to me personally.” I winked at her. She hit with the papers that she’s holding. I rubbed my arm then she spoke, “Go out Oldie!”

“Who’s Oldie? You black eyed girl!” I pouted at her.

“Stop pouting you Oldie wrinkled guy!”

I crossed my eyebrows to her and fought back saying, “At least I’m good looking unlike you.”

“Ya!”

I guess she's back to her old self.

 

I walked out from that room, then I quickly opened it. I entered her office again. She’s staring at the papers that she was holding. Aish. 

“Ya-“

I walked towards her, she didn’t notice me again. I sighed. I went beside her, slightly bent down to see what she’s reading.

“Why the hell are you here again?!” she yelled at me. I flicked her forehead. "That hurts!"

I looked around, I carried a chair and pulled it beside her.

“Ya Ya Mr. Cho Kyuhyun what the hell are you-“ I cut her off but staring at her black eyes.

“Don’t look at me like that you Stupid CEO-in-training” she scowled. I pulled her chair closer to me.

“ I’m going to help you with you these.” I said as I grabbed a pen from my pocket in front of my long sleeved gray buttoned shirt. I encircled the wrong ones on the paper.

“You clearly know that Finance is under your department right?” she nodded, I moved the paper close to her as I point out the ones that I encircled, “Look at these mistakes, they’re all financing.” She pouted and sighed. She read the ones that I encircled and clicked her pen up and down while staring at it. When I was about to say something, she started scribbling.

“Is this right?” she showed me the one she wrote.

“No.”

I taught her. I even helped her to correct these mess. I never left her until she finished the documents that I brought. I also taught her some things about financing, though she really really at it, she still has the will to learn.

 

When we finished, we walked towards the elevator together.

“Thanks…” she said shyly, showing me her angelic smile. I think my heart skipped a beat. And so I suddenly blurted out this, “I taught you so hard so you owe me a dinner.”

Seriously... I don't know why am I like this.

“Arasso.” She smiled. I didn’t expect that she’ll agree. I smiled unconsciously, when we arrived at the 19th floor, I pulled her out from the elevator. The staffs were looking at us, I didn’t mind them since they know that we were still together as ‘couple’. She hit me lightly but I didn’t release her hand.  I love holding her hand because... it's soft? Yeah, that's the reason... She kept on trying to release her hand but I intertwined it with her. I just can't describe this feeling.

Luckily one of the staffs approached us that made her forgot that I’m holding her hand. I’m oh-so-lucky.

“Is there a problem?” Aerin asked.

“Mr. President is looking for you.” we looked at each other confusingly.

“Oh.. okay. Thanks.” She said. We went towards the elevator and rode it again. I wonder what’s the problem, maybe because of the papers that she passed? But I already helped her to correct those, or maybe the one that I requested? Heh~ Dad still loves his son. I hope that he’ll do what I requested.

Because of excitement about why did Dad call her, I didn’t realize that we already arrived and I’m not holding her hand anymore!! AISH.

“Kyuhyun, the deal is over right? Let’s just stay like what we are before.” She said softly. I sighed with disappointment. Can that deal be real..? AISH. What am I thinking again!

She went towards Dad’s office. I didn’t have the chance to utter a word, I’ll just wait here outside. Sigh.

Author’s POV

The President’s secretary called him first before letting you enter his office. You were nervously walking towards his office, you breathe deeply, and slowly turned the knob.

You bowed to him. He was standing with his hands on his back. You slowly closed the door with shaky hands and greeted him, “Good afternoon Mr. President.”

He smiled to you, “Have a seat Ms. Song.” You nervously sat down.

“How’s Marketing department?” he asked, while your heart started to beat fast knowing that you really want that position but it’s been hard on you because of other departments under that.

“I-I’m still adjusting Sir. And thank you for giving that position to me.” He chuckled and said, “You’ve been thanking me for a countless times already. Anyways, I heard that you’re having a hard time with the finance?” you nodded embarrassingly.

“Let him in.” the President called to his secretary. The door opened... he bowed to the President and to you. The President politely said, “This is Lee Donghae, one of our biggest shareholders here in the company. Mr. Lee this is Song Aerin, the head of the Marketing Department.”

He was wearing a red checkered long sleeved, rolled up to his elbows and a white shirt as an innerwear.

You unconsciously stood up with a poker face.

“Ms. Song, Mr. Lee will be your partner in the Marketing Department.”

“Maybe you were wondering why, isn’t it? Actually, Kyuhyun told me that you need assistance regarding this matter. And since his brother was the one managing their company, he told me that he want to experience working here.”

"Kyuhyun?"

You were staring blankly to Donghae who was looking at you with a sincere gaze.

“Aerin-ssi?”

“Y-yes Mr. President?” he eyed you to Donghae. You closed your eyes for a few seconds.

“We actually met in the ball.” you said.

"So I guess you already know him Mr. Lee?"

"Yes Sir."

"I know her very well."

“Let’s work together, okay?” he added and smiled, you just nodded. 

“He'll start as soon as we fix some things. I just wanted you to know in advance." the President smiled.

You nodded, "I see.. Can I leave first Sir?"

“Oh yes yes. Take good care of Mr. Lee okay?” you slowly nodded with a forced smile.

You left his office quickly. You went outside seeing Kyuhyun fiddling his phone. He stood up immediately when he saw you.

“Aerin-ah!” he greeted happily. He walked towards you, you stopped from walking and stared at his eyes, a tear escaped from your eye, you immediately wiped it.

“Did he tell you that-“ you slapped him.

“I trusted you Kyuhyun. I trusted you!!”

 

------

thanks for subscribing :3

comments are highly appreciated <3