Choi's Company Ball

She's MINE.

 

“Let’s  make a deal then.” Kyuhyun suddenly snapped that made you looked at him.

“Deal?”

“Be my fake girlfriend until the Choi's company ball.” Before you talk, he added, “I’ll present the proposals to the higher ups and I swear that I will help you with your works until the deal ends.”

“No.” you answered as you type something on your laptop.

“Why are you asking for my help? Look for o-“

“You’re the only one who can match up to her, I mean, the family background and everything.” He said and pouted.

“Don’t think that I will do crazy things.” He added, that made him earned a glare.

“Try it. And I’ll break your bones. And stop pouting, it doesn’t suits you.” You said in a serious medium voice.

“So it’s a yes?” he grinned.

“No.”

“Okay… I understand… because you haven’t experienced any heartbreak… And you-” he said softly as he slowly pushed himself from the table with a sad face. You sighed heavily and said harshly, “FINE.” You went back to your laptop.

“Great.” Kyuhyun thought.


He pulled himself towards the table, straighten his arms to reach you but moved away from him who was grinning.

“So does it mean that you’ve been into a relationship before?” he asked as he started to open that papers he placed in your table earlier.

You glared at him again and said, “You better stop asking personal stuffs.” He just nodded with a smile.

Maybe she did?” he thought.

 

------

Your first and second proposal was rejected. And you were down to the last chance that you have. It’s been almost two months before you and Kyuhyun started a fake relationship. The staffs, your parents, his parents heard this 'relationship' but not about the real story behind it. You just go with the flow since Kyuhyun and you became close.

You and him were still arguing over random things but he always drive you home, eat lunch with you, sometimes he treated you for dinner and lunch, he always drives you at home and he always texts you. Yes, like a real couple, even though you kept on rejecting him he always insisted that it is included in the deal. You’ve been together almost 24 hours a day due to the projects, proposal and everything that you have to finish.

“Just a bit more Aerin and this thing will end up soon.” You reminded yourself.

“I bet she’s already falling for me. Good job Kyuhyun.” He thought.

It’s past midnight already, you and Kyuhyun were finishing the works passed from the other departments and for your last proposal to be defended tomorrow. You and him were working at his office together again. He was yawning continuously with sleepy eyes. While you were typing random things scribbled on your scratch paper.

“Aish, you’re distracting me with your yawns. Go ho-“

“Fine. Finish that.” He yawned again and walked out. You glanced at the door and looked back at your laptop.

When he came back, he was carrying a hot milk and a hot chocolate. But he saw you almost closing your eyes trying to finish typing the last paper on your hand. He went towards you,

“I thought you’re going home?”you asked, still focused on your laptop. He placed the drinks on your table, he grabbed your laptop and the paper that you were holding.

“Ya! I have to finish that!” you scowled, he gave the hot milk to you that made you stared at him. You raised your eyebrow before you accepted it. He read the paper he’s holding while sipping a hot chocolate.

“You’re going to present our last proposal tomorrow so you better-“

He glared at you and said, “You looked like a zombie. Drink that first. I’ll handle everything. When you’re done, tell me and we’ll go home.” He said in one breath while looking at you with worried gaze. You just sighed and slowly blew the milk to lessen its hotness.

“Is there a poison here?”

“Ya!”

------

While you’re walking going to his car, he carried your suitcase as he walked with you. He opened the car door. You got to his car and buckled your seatbelt. The back of your hand covered your mouth when you were yawning.  Kyuhyun entered the car too, he glanced at you before he started the engine.

While you were in the middle of the road, he’s still glancing at you who was sleeping peacefully with your head resting on the car window.

Kyuhyun’s POV

I kept on yawning continuously. Mentally and physically I’m tired. But this one here is definitely tired than me. Why? She didn’t sleep that much for a week just to finish everything about this proposal, all I have to do is present this and review this. Our first and second proposal got rejected because I can’t defend it properly. Now, I don’t want her efforts to go into waste. I became kind? No. I just actually felt sorry because her parents are good to me, and she was actually a very nice person, though she really doesn’t help me at all when it comes to financing department and when presenting, she at those.

 Even though we kept on arguing at times, still, she somewhat changed my temper into a better one.

When we arrived at their house, or shall I say mansion. I unbuckled my seat belt and hers, the maids were waiting outside the car.

“Hey, we’re here.” I slightly shook her shoulders, but she didn’t even move. I guess she’s on her deep sleep. So I got off from my car, I went to her side and opened the car door, her maids were behind me.

“Aerin, we’re here.” I repeated with a medium soft voice. Her eyes slowly opened. She yawned again. I just smiled at her unconsciously. I assisted her when going out from the car, she rejected me AGAIN but I still helped her. She slightly bowed down lazily to me and walked towards inside their mansion as one of their maids assisted her.

Before I opened the car door, one maid approached me.

“Mr. Cho, Mrs. Song told us that you can stay here to rest.”

I shook my head and answered, “Just tell them that I’m thankful but I’ll go home instead.” I smiled.

“But Sir, they clearly ordered us about that. Mrs. Cho even called us. The room is prepared too.” She said, still convincing me. I sighed. “Okay then.”

I’ve been here for a couple of times already, so I went to their guest room near Aerin’s room. They were really prepared. They have a robe, towel, slippers and some of my clothes were here, I bet mom sent this here. Sigh. I went to shower first, I can take a nap later, but I have to finish these things.

Aish. The proposal is on her suitcase. I poked my head on the door and looked around, there’s no one. Only few yellow lights were on. I walked up to her room as I kept on looking around like a paranoid one. I slowly turned the knob, slowly opened the door. This girl forgot to lock her door. Pabo. I poked my head again, she’s sleeping peacefully. The yellow light at the ceiling is the only light . I slowly entered her room and closed the door.

I went towards her, pulled the blanket up to her shoulders. I sat beside her near the cabinet at the left side of her bed. I was staring at her. It’s not bad right? When I was about to leave, I took the papers that I needed on her suitcase placed on top of her cabinet. She moved for a bit, I got startled so I stood up, luckily she’s still sleeping. Then I saw a stuffed toy, an old design but it seems like she was taking care of it. I grabbed it, and the white bear was wearing a yellow tshirt with “Be Happy” sewn on it, I saw something from the bear. I was about to look closer, but she said “Oppa…” I placed the bear back on her bed. I slightly patted her head, but she grabbed my hand.

“Don’t go.” She said. Still sleeping. This is the first time that I heard her saying oppa.

And so, I remained in her room until she released her grip from mine. And hell yeah, I was reviewing the proposal she made while she’s holding my other hand.

This deal will be over soon. You deserve an  applause Kyuhyun. She’s falling for me isn’t it? Great. Now I will let her feel what I felt before.

Good thing she’ll be moving out of my sight soon.

---

 

The proposal got accepted! So happy! I defended it very well!! Supposedly we’ll have a dinner but AGAIN, she declined. And so, I just thanked her for her efforts. We really jived when it comes to work aren’t we? After the proposal got accepted, Dad gave us two days off, then Choi’s company ball then we’ll work again. The two days off were actually for Japan trip. She gave her ticket to her Dad because she said that her Dad needs vacation the most, and she’ll just stay at their house. But I… asked Dad that I’ll use it next time.

We’re still together as ‘fake couple’ and it will end soon. She’ll be out of my sight soon. But… why did I suddenly felt worried…?

And the Choi’s company ball was going to be held. This party is for the celebration of his Dad’s birthday. Different CEO’s, investors, multi-millionaires and such were invited. Supposedly I’ll go with Aerin, but she refused AGAIN. I was actually going to wait for her but I got pissed off when she didn’t answer my call after texting her for hundred times. So I went here alone, I was wearing a white tux with black shirt innerwear. Too simple right? But this suit is actually from Paris, it came from a collection released a week ago.

I was holding a glass of red wine while I was talking to random people. Then I saw a three guys circling around someone, I stared at it and saw Aerin… S-she was stunning. Is this the Aerin that I know? She was wearing a simple white tube dress with some beads on it that made her sparkle, I mean her dress is sparkling. It’s also two to three inches above her knees; the dress also has chiffon cloth that made it looked more elegant in some ways. She’s also wearing a white pointed shoes with studs on the sides.  We actually never talked about what we’re going to wear, even the color. And she’s only wearing a pearl beaded headband for her large curled hair. Simple yet elegant. She is… gorgeous. Okay, just for this night, the makeup artists and the stylist did their best. Cheers to them.

I excused myself. I went towards her who was completely happily chatting around them. I fakely coughed. They looked at me. Aerin was completely… mesmerizing upclose.

Stop Kyuhyun. The drink has a potion. She dropped some that’s why you became like that.

“Hello, I’m Cho Kyuhyun.” I introduced myself as I gave them a small smile. Aerin was looking at me. Heh~ I bet she’s thinking that I am so handsome.

They offered handshakes to me as they introduced themselves.

“So you were that young CEO-in-training. Glad to meet you. I’m Park Jungsoo.”

“So you heard about me then. Nice meeting you Jungsoo-ssi, you might be the owner of the famous Angel’s café around the world?” I politely asked, he just smiled. And so the small talk continued.

 

“Thanks for the time, but I’ll take my girlfriend.” I said as I offer my arm to her. He glanced at my arm and looked at me, she hesitated at first but she still held unto my arm as we walk towards the food area.

“You saved me there.” she said. I just smiled at her.

Just for this night, I’m going to say that… I fell for her charms.

I lead her unto the empty seat while the ball just started. I pulled the chair for her, then she sat down.

“I’ll get your food, wait for a minute.” She slowly nodded looking at me with a confused gaze.

I walked towards the food area. I picked some food that I think she will like. Just this night, let me change for awhile. I just wanted to thank her for all the things she did for me as my secretary, ‘coz these things will be over tomorrow.

I went back with the food that I picked for her, she didn’t even refuse nor glare at me. She gave me a happy face. Oh darn it, my heart kept on pounding like crazy. Stop heart stop, don’t beat for her like that, she’s our enemy, stop okay. I was scolding my heart like an insane person here.

She’s eating peacefully while we’re chatting about certain stuffs. I don’t know but I can’t leave her. I saw the investor who signed last time but I didn’t move from my seat. I can’t leave Aerin alone. Even though our investors and my friends were here, all I can do is waved at them.

When she finished eating, I let her rest first. Right afterwards, I introduced her to some of my friends. When they left us, my ex-girlfriend was walking towards me with her new boyfriend.

“That’s her.” I whispered to Aerin who was holding a glass of wine. She nodded.

“Long time no see Kyuhyun-ssi.” She said formally, as she looked at Aerin from head to toe. Aerin was smiling at her and slightly bowed.

“Oh yes. Seohyun-ssi, this is Aerin, Song Aerin. My girlfriend.” I happily introduced her. Beat that Seohyun! She’s prettier than you! Seohyun just made an ‘O’ shaped lips.

“So you got a new one huh. She’s cute. We’ll be going now. Nice to see you Kyuhyun-ssi. Nice meeting you Aerin-ssi.” She smiled to us. She didn’t even introduce her boyfriend to us. What a girl.

Now we were left alone, I was really stunned to see her this night with this look. I leaned closer to her like I always do. She moved a step backwards. I stared at her angelic face. Damn she’s so beautiful.

I’m just being honest because she gave something to poison my mind.

She slightly pushed me and I chuckled. I grabbed her wrist which made her startled, then held her hand. I think… I blushed. She was trying to remove her hand from mine but I tighten my grip to her soft hand. I introduced her to the people that I know. They told her that she really was stunning for this night. And when I saw that she’s quite uncomfortable being surrounded by people I dragged her out from the crowd and offered her another glass of wine.

“Thanks again.” She said as she accepted the glass. She accidentally brushed my finger which made my heart pound again. I just blinked a few times. I looked away. Good thing she’s not affected or she didn’t notice that I became nervous.

“Wait for a moment.” I said, almost whispering to her. She placed the glass wine back to the table after drinking it.

“Be back soon.” She smiled.

When I went back, she was chatting with some businessman, I dragged her again by holding her hand. I just did it for a few seconds but I actually think my blood rushed into my face. And so I looked away again.

Author’s POV

“Is there something wrong?” you asked. Kyuhyun shook his head sideways as they walked.

“By the way-“ They stopped from walking, “this is-“ you looked in front while smiling. Your smile disappeared as you stared to the guy wearing a black tux. You stepped backwards as you clenched your fists. They were staring at each other’s eye. Donghae widened his eyes, with a smile formed into his lips, while your lips slightly parted.

“Lee Donghae. Their company is one of the shareholders on ours.” Kyuhyun happily introduced. Kyuhyun elbowed Aerin who was completely lost because of staring at him.

“Say something.” He mumbled. You gulped and sighed heavily.

“S-song Aerin.” You blinked for a few times and broke the stare, trying not to cry or make a scene. But Donghae was still staring at you.

“Hey hey. She might melt.” Kyuhyun teasingly said and raised his eyebrow. Donghae chuckled but he never looked away from you.

“Haerin…” he softly asked as he offered for a handshake.

Aerin glared at him.

Why is he talking informally to her? And he must heard it wrong.” Kyuhyun asked himself.

“Ya. Aerin.” Kyuhyun elbowed you.

“It’s AErin not HAErin.” You hissed as you emphasized the differences. You shook his hand, still glaring at him, you tried to release your hand quickly but Donghae squeezed your hand. Kyuhyun looked at your handshake with jealousy. You glanced at your hand and back to Donghae’s eyes. But you looked again at your hand held by Donghae’s tight grip.

You saw something that caught your attention, that made you almost cry in front of him.

It was…

 

 

Donghae was wearing…

 

 

 

 

 

Your couple bracelet when you were in high school. 

 

                                                                  

-------

A/N:

LadySunleth and Kyulovesriona ~ THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBING! ♥

 

katharine~ haha. thanks! Updated! ♥

shahy30~Updated :3 evil kyu on the move nyaha~

SonElf139~kya kya~ we'll see about that :3 Updated dear!! welcome btw :3 *hugs*

haesha~omggg T.T thank u kya kya~~~ oh thanks!! :D and.. Updated! ♥

aegyo96~really? fufufu. thanks :3 Updated! :D i like evil gamer Kyu too ^^~ ♥

kyulovesriona~omg! thank youuuu! *hugs you tight*