22

She's MINE.

 

Aerin's POV

“O-oppa…” I mumbled. He was wearing a sunglass, that’s why I didn’t know where he is looking at as he stepped out from the elevator. I quickly removed my hand from Kyuhyun but he grabbed it again that made me glare at him.  He just raised his eyebrow at me and looked back in front.

“Good to see you again Mr. Cho.” He greeted politely. He offered his right hand. Kyuhyun irritatingly loosened his grip and shook his hand. I quickly moved slightly away from Kyuhyun as I held on my bag’s strap.

“Hm. Aerin’s highschool friend isn’t it?”

“Yup, and… Lee Donghae’s bestfriend to be exact.” Hyukjae gave him a playful smirk. A smirk that means a lot… I glanced at Kyuhyun who gave a sarcastic smile, “Ahh,” he replied while withdrawing his hand.

“S-so, why are you here anyways?..”  I asked, to lighten up the atmosphere.

“Hae asked me to fetch you since he has a conference.”

“Why didn’t you call me instead?”

“We did. But you didn’t pick up. He got worried so he asked me to pick you here coz he can’t leave easily.”

“O-ohh. Let’s go?”

“Nothing to worry when she’s with me,” Kyuhyun butted in as he put his arm around my shoulder. I smacked it irritatingly, “Don’t mind him.”

Please Hyukjae, remove those sunglasses. I’m clueless here, I don’t know if you’re glaring and where are you looking at or what reaction do your eyes have.

Suddenly, Kyuhyun’s phone rang. He hesitantly answered it and walked a few steps away from us. Hyukjae moved to my side, facing the elevator. I was ashamed of myself… felt like I betrayed his best friend in front of him. I glanced at Kyuhyun, he was watching us. He even winked at me. Stupid.

A few minutes later, still… awkward… Hyukjae didn’t talk to me, and Kyuhyun was still on the phone. We entered the lift when it opened. Kyuhyun slid his phone back to his pocket and looked in front. Though Hyukjae was between us, he didn’t utter any word.

“I’ll drive Aerin.” Kyuhyun suddenly blurted out as he stepped out from the elevator when it opened. We went out from the lift as well, “Ya! Who wants-“

“Sorry Mr. Cho, I didn’t go here to argue with you. I just need to fetch her like what Donghae requested. Excuse us.” Hyukjae sounded like he was mocking him. I can’t explain Kyuhyun’s reaction, but I guess he was pissed. “Let’s go?” I mumbled. Hyukjae hang his arm around my shoulder and was about to walk away but Kyuhyun butted in.

“Hands off.” He grinned sarcastically as he removed Hyukjae’s hand. I glared at him but he returned a sweet smile as he dragged me close to him. He even tapped my shoulder where Hyukjae touched me. I flicked his hand. He withdrew it with a glare.

“Mr. Cho?” Fortunately one of our huge investors approached us. He didn’t have any choice but to entertain him even though he looked like he wanted to kick him away. He asked me to stay since I’m his secretary but I swiftly refused as I teasingly gave him a playful smile while slowly moving out of their sight.

Hyukjae didn’t talk until we entered the car. Seems like we didn’t know each other even though I was sitting beside him… he was like…

While we were in the middle of the road, I was staring outside not to look awkward. I felt that my phone vibrated for thrice already but I ignored it. It must be Kyuhyun again.

He suddenly grabbed my hand that made me almost slapped his. I just removed it with a glare, “What the hell Hyukjae.”

He smirked.

“How long?”

I turned to him.

How long?

“How long have you been cheating on Hae?”

“What are you talking about?!” I hissed.

“Think.”

"I'm not cheating! Don't get it wrong! Kyuhyun and-"

He smirked, "He's your ex-boyfriend isn't it? Don't get it wrong? Holding hands, not cheating? Then you call it friendly holding hands? Aerin, I'm not naive as Donghae. You can't fool me."

“I-“

“Intertwined hands. You call it friendly? Huh. You don’t easily let others hold your hand except for Hae… unless…”

“I don’t have anything to explain to you. You won’t listen to me.”

He’s right… I never allowed anyone to touch my hand coz I’ve been saying that only Hae can hold and touch it.

“Fix that matter or someone will get hurt… more on, Hae will.”

I stared back outside, trying to ignore him. However…

“Kyuhyun-ssi was your ex-boyfriend. You’re always seeing him coz you’re his secretary. What do you think will he think if he found out that you were dating him and yet you already gave your heart to someone else?”

Donghae… didn’t tell Hyukjae about the real story about me and Kyuhyun?...

Hae will get hurt…

Why did that kiss suddenly popped out on my mind?!

I tightly shut my eyes trying to erase that kiss scene. I must think of Donghae. Donghae…

“You know how much he treasures you… but you don’t know how much pain he had coz of you… He might look fine outside but deep inside him he’s convincing himself that the girl he treasures the most still have that feelings for him… like before. He waited for you Aerin…”

”I know Oppa! I know! Can you just please zip your lips for awhile?!”

I can’t listen to him anymore.

“Truth hurts. Stop hurting him, so fix that feelings of yours.”

I’m speechless.

We arrived in Hae’s company quite late. Hyukjae and I were so awkward. I felt like I was walking with one of the famous models while I was just a commoner. We saw Hae with his hands on his pocket as he escorted the people from the conference?

We approached him. We bowed to them and I got surprised when Hae suddenly pulled me on the waist, “Meet the Vice-President.”

I’m so embarrassed and shy at the same time. I simply hit his arm playfully.

“So I guess you are Mr. Lee’s lucky girlfriend?” I nodded, though I’m not even sure of myself. Donghae gave him a sweet smile and was trying not to giggle.

“Invite me in your wedding okay?”

“Eh?!” We looked at each other with red faces. Oh dear, why did he ask such an embarrassing thing.

Ugh. Kyuhyun’s smirk appeared on my mind. Erase erase.

 We chatted with that investor for a few minutes. It was a weird talk for me though since it was the first time that I met that person and I got introduced as the vice president even though I haven’t signed the contract. Plus… Hyukjae was observing me. We headed to Hae’s office afterwards, but before that Hyukjae bid goodbye to us coz he said he has a schedule.

“Fix it. You know what I mean.” The last words that Hyukjae told me before he left us.

I was sitting beside Hae on the couch. I was just watching him doing his works with laptop and some papers near him.

“Dinner?” He suddenly asked, turning at me. I shook my head with a sweet smile. He caressed my cheek and said, “You looked tired Rin. I’ll drive you home now.”

He was about to clean up his stuffs but I held unto his arm. He turned to me again. I rested my head on his shoulder as I hugged him, “Later Oppa.”

“Is there something bothering you?” he asked as he brushed my hair with his hand. I looked up to him seeing his worried face, so I shook my head and gave him a sweet smile.

I kept on hugging him as if we haven’t seen for ages. After a few minutes, he broke my hug. He pecked my lips then kissed me. I kissed back… but that kiss lasted for a few seconds only. Why? I felt guilty.

“S-sorry.” I said. He caressed my cheek and answered, “Ssh. Don’t be. You looked sick then I kissed you. Let’s go home now okay? You have to rest Rin.”

“Fix that feeling of yours…”

“Hae…”

“Hm?”

“There are lot of girls out there… why me?”

He chuckled, “Coz I love you.”

“That’s it?”

“Hm.”

“Why did you ask all of a sudden?”

“N-nothing… I just wanna know…”

“I’m thinking that I don’t deserve you…”

He gave me his angelic smile and said, “You’re the only one for me. Don't think like that.”

“What if I-“

My phone rang. Hae took it from my bag that I tried to snatch away from him.

“Oh, the CEO.”

“D-don’t mind him.” I quickly grabbed my phone from him.

There as an awkward moment… until he broke it, “Is he the reason why you’re asking weird questions?... Aerin… do you like him?”

 

---

special thanks to Kyulovesriona and Zarkyu for upvoting!! ♥♥♥ *hugs*