15

She's MINE.

 

Author’s POV

“Oh..” he mumbled as he watched her, “So is that why you were early today..?”

“I was actually going to ask someone to help you since I won’t be around, but they were all busy today. Anyways, I’ll be going now.” She answered as she smiled to him while carrying her stuffs, heading towards the door.

“But today-“

“Let’s talk tomorrow ‘kay? I’m in a hurry. Sorry. See ya!” she smiled brightly and left.

“Tomorrow? But today is… AISH.” he sighed with disappointment. He quickly went back to his office and called…

---

Aerin’s POV

I was carrying my bag and some stuff while walking and be amused with their company. The interiors were elegant and the company is much larger than before. It was actually my third time stepping here. I was asked to leave my id and signed the guestbook.

“Ma’am, what floor are you heading to?”

“I am looking for Lee Donghae. Is he around?”

“Oh, Mr. Lee? Did you set an appointment with him?”

“I am actually-“

“Aerin? Song Aerin?”

I turned to see, “Donghwa-ssi?” I happily bowed to him. The employees around were bowing to him. He was quite surprised that I am here, well who wouldn’t?

“I didn’t expect you to be here, though I heard from Donghae that you are back together.”

“Omo. Not exactly. It’s been so long! How are you?” I replied, trying to avoid that topic. He looked at the employee from the lobby and said, “Did you get her id?”

“Yes Sir.”

“Hand it back to her.” the staff nodded confusingly and was about to give back my id but I said, “It’s okay, I can get it later.” Did he even hear me asking how he is? Err.

“Ya~ Donghae will kill me if he heard that his girlfriend was being treated like this.” He chuckled.

“Hyung!” we turned to see Donghae running towards us. His eyes widened when he saw me. I laughed seeing his shocked expression. Donghwa-ssi glanced at me then back to Donghae.

“He must be so lucky to have you.” He giggled. I simply blushed because of that statement.

“What are you doing here? What is with those stuffs?” he raised his eyebrow as he eyed the things that I am carrying.

“Happy Birthday Hae!” I happily greeted him as I showed him the small box of cake that I bought last night. Donghwa-ssi patted his back, “Oh yeah, happy birthday bro!”

“I forgot!” he quickly hugged me tightly as I moved my hand holding the box of cake away from him. Donghwa-ssi fakely coughed and motioned us that he will go upstairs. We just nodded as we smiled to him, then he winked and left.

“So I guess you signed the guestbook here.” He said as he looked my id that the employee was holding. He grabbed my stuffs as he motioned me to get the id.

“She is not a guest. She is my girlfriend. Call me right away when she comes here okay?” he smiled.

---

Like what I thought, he forgot that today was his birthday. He led me to his car and we were heading to i-do-not-know.

“Where are we going?”

“Where do you want to go?” I asked as I hold on to my bag. He is still… the worst driver ever.

“Hae, you know, I’m going to throw up. The way you drive is like when we were in highschool.” I teased, still my eyes were focused on the road. He chuckled and replied, “I know I know.”

We talked about a lot of things and laughed together. He kept on telling me that he was my boyfriend, but honestly we’re not together again. We stopped somewhere near the Han river, “Why here?” I asked as he earned a confused look from me.

“I won’t go here anymore because I was bothered or something. I am going to erase that reason when going here, because starting now, we’re going to replace it with good memories.” I blushed. He hugged me tightly as I greeted him. He kissed my cheek and smiled. I know that he know what we are right now, and I am thankful that he was respecting my decision that night, though, I still don’t know whether I still love him or not. All I know is that I am happy with him.

“Whoa! I love this watch!” he said as he wore it, then he opened another gifts that I bought. There were red checkered polo shirt, headphone and a card. He was so happy that he almost cried.

We stayed near the Han river for almost an hour, taking pictures, eating, chatting, laughing etc. afterwards, we stroll around Seoul. It was almost six in the evening when we headed to a mall. We went to the ladies section of formal dresses. I was looking around while he was like picking some dresses for me?

“Oppa, what is that for..?” I asked confusingly as he hand me a dress. This was the third dress that I fitted. He smiled to me as he answered, “Did you forget the event today?”

“Event?”

“Ya~ today is…”

---

Okay… I felt so sorry that I forgot about this event. After choosing clothes, we went directly to the salon to have our hair and make up done, then we headed to the said event. I opened my phone while we were heading to the venue. Guess what? Mom was probably cursing me, because I wasn’t dressed like she wanted plus, I didn’t answer any calls from them… there were almost twenty missed calls from Mom, 3 missed calls from Ryeowook and… none for Kyuhyun… he must be angry at me.

I was wearing a glittery like long black one shoulder dress, it has a slit at the side up to four inches above my knees, I am also wearing a silver pumps. The stylist straighten my hair first then braided it, he tied it upwards by putting some hair pins and left a curled long hair near my ears. While Donghae was wearing a black tuxedo with black v-line inner shirt, he was also wearing our couple bracelet and the watch that I gave to him.

We arrived on the event hall, almost eight in the evening. We were welcomed by a hotel guys, they opened our car door as they greeted us. Afterwards, Donghae-oppa gave me a sweet smile as he offered his arm. I held unto his arm while my other hand was holding the clutch that we just bought. I do not know what to feel since, I only remembered that today was Hae’s birthday.

Wait… is it the one that Kyuhyun wanted to remind me this morning? Oh my… I really really felt bad. Why did I forget it??

“You okay? You’ve been like that since this afternoon.” Donghae snapped. I went back to my senses seeing different multimillionaires, investors, shareholders and famous people were present. This is indeed a big party for him.

“Aerin?” he looked at me with a worried gaze as he escorted me to step closer to event hall were the party was being held. I smiled to him and nodded, “Don’t worry. I’m just a bit tired.” I suddenly felt nervous. We were greeted by different people and employees from our company. I know… this will create another rumor.

“Aerin!” Min Hye called me, we turned to look at her, seeing other people staring at us. When she reached us, she slightly bowed to Donghae who was smiling angelically. She glanced at my hand holding Hae’s arm then she looked at me. “Auntie Song was looking for you all this time!” she whispered.

“I know-“ I giggled, “-I’ll talk to you later okay? I need to see them first.”

“You better tell me the whole story. See ya!” she narrowed her eyes playfully as she bid goodbye to us. Before we took our seat to the table near us, someone approached us.

“Aerin-ah!” she gave me a sweet smile. Donghae and I slightly bowed to her. She looked at us with confused gaze as she glanced at my hand.

“Good evening Mrs. Cho.” He happily greeted her while Auntie gave him a weak smile.

“Good evening to you too, Mr…?”

“Oh, Auntie Cho, this is Mr. Lee, Lee Donghae, our shareholder from Korean Airlines. Dong- Mr. Lee this is Mrs. Cho, Kyuhyun’s mom.” I introduced nervously.

“Ahh… nice to meet you Mr. Lee, enjoy the night okay?”

“I will Madam. Nice meeting you too.” he slightly bowed to her again, she turned her gaze to me again and asked, “You just arrived aren’t you? Let’s go.” She said as she moved between us that made me separated from Donghae who was surprised on what Auntie did. Unbelievable. She led us to a table near the stage. Donghae-oppa pulled a chair for me, I think… Auntie kind of raised her eyebrow while looking at us. She sat between us, so Donghae moved to the other side, good thing she left us because her friends just called her.

“Sorry ‘bout that.” I smiled weakly to Hae who moved closer to me. He shook his head and asked, “It’s okay, wanna eat?” I nodded. Before I stood up, he said, “I’ll get you one. Your feet were probably aching now.”

“You really know me, arasso, you know what I want too.” I chuckled as he removed his tuxedo and place it on my back that made me blushed. “It’s quite cold here.” He smiled sweetly and left. A few seconds later, someone sat beside me.

“Aerin! I was calling you all this time! Where have you been? You made me worried! I even called Kyuhyun but he said you took your leave today! Why such a wrong time??” Mom scolded me with a low voice.

“I-I didn’t notice that you were calling me… and I forgot about this.” I answered. I honestly forgot about this, but the date on the recital ticket reminded me about the happenings today and… yesterday… my mind was focused that today is Donghae’s birthday. She was about to scold me again but luckily she was called by someone.

“We need to talk later at home.” She said seriously that made me trembled. When she left, I looked around.

Is that Kyuhyun…? The guy wearing dark blue tuxedo with black v-line inner shirt? His hair was quite different… because- OH SHOOT.  He looked at me. I quickly turned my head to see the stage. It was really Kyuhyun, his hair suits him. He looked at my side again. I stared to him who was holding a glass of wine as he talked with other businessmen.

“Hey.” Donghae snapped, I smiled to him as he sat down. The staff placed the food that he picked on our table.

“Ya~ are you going to eat your underwater family?” I teased as I eyed the food in front of me.

“Most of the dishes are seafoods.”

“Ah.” He said as he fed me. He used his thumb to remove the sauce from my lips and sweetly smiled again. He was feeding me all the time that he only ate a few ones. So I sliced the sea bass from my plate and fed him too. I really felt like him and I was still a couple. After eating, he decided to stay with me though lots of girls tried to flirt with him. Then I accidentally saw Seohyun-ssi, near our table, at my back. She was talking so lively with some investors. She wasn’t with her boyfriend too and… the dress that she was sooooo beautiful, her dark violet heart-shaped dress suits her well. OH. Donghae caught me daydreaming again as he teased me, so to turn my attention to him, he kept on whispering on me through my ears because I really can’t hear him well since we were near the stage. After a while, Uncle Cho went on the stage.

“Good evening ladies and gentlemen. This day is a very special one. I’ve been the President of our company for so many years already, and now, I will present to you the CEO and soon-to-be-president, my son, Cho Kyuhyun.” We applauded as he walked on the stage. Donghae-oppa rested his hand on my chair and mumbled, “He looks unhappy.”

Kyuhyun bowed slightly and hugged his Dad as he patted his back, afterwards he turned to give his speech.

“Thank you for coming here. I actually didn’t plan to have this ‘party’ but Mom arranged everything, thanks Mom. Anyways, as the CEO-not-in-training anymore and soon-to-be-the-president, I will do my best to fulfill my job. I will try my best in everything that I can to expand and make our company a well-known company around the globe. Let us work harder starting tomorrow... I don’t know what to say anymore, so please enjoy the night and thank you for coming.” We applauded as the music started again.

Thank you for coming… did he just look at me when he said those words? Okay Aerin, stop thinking about stupid things. Seohyun-ssi is near me, that is why.

“How many times are you going to daydream?” Donghae raised his eyebrow as he offered his hand playfully. I gave him a confused look, “You know that I can’t dance,” I said as held on his hand, he chuckled and answered, “Trust me my Princess.” We walked near the stage as he was telling me, “This party is quite weird. But I think it was an advantage for me that we can finally dance again after so many years.” I just chuckled, this party seems like a prom night, Auntie Cho was really… unpredictable.

As the love song was playing, accompanied by Ryeowook’s piano skills, different partners came and joined some of us in dancing. I was resting my hand on Hae’s chest while his hands were on my waist.

“Let me have this dance my Princess.” He said sweetly that made me blushed. We were dancing while chatting happily. I kept on stepping on Hae’s foot that is why he taught me how to dance with small steps. Then I saw Kyuhyun dancing with Seohyun-ssi… After a few minutes when I felt that my feet were aching, I asked him to take a rest. The moment that we sat was the time when the lights turned off.

“May we request the CEO, Mr. Cho Kyuhyun to dance?” the spotlight was turned to Kyuhyun, he was talking to Seohyun-ssi and others. Did he just dance..?

He was shaking his head with his hand to reject it, but the crowd was cheering for him. He glared at Ryeowook who was grinning widely on the stage. He probably planned to . Auntie Cho suddenly appeared, pushing him as she was saying something to him, and so he walked towards the stage. We applauded as we cheered for him while he kept on looking backwards to see his Mom giggling. I was about to remove my shoes, but Kyuhyun popped out at my side, saying, “Will you dance with me Ms. Song?” he offered his hand with a smile, though in a split second, I saw that he glared at Hae. I looked around to see the people were cheering and waiting for us. I was sharing the same spotlight with him too, and without a choice, I held unto his hand. I glanced at Donghae after I gave back his tuxedo, he was expressionless… I suddenly felt bad. While we were walking towards the center, I told him that I can’t dance but it seems he doesn’t care.

He held unto my waist as I rested my hands lightly to his chest. I am damn nervous and speechless. I was just looking straight, at his chest or somewhere, but not on his face.

“Ya, where the hell are you looking at?!” he asked annoyingly, I just noticed that there were other people dancing near us already, and the spotlight turned into a dim one. I kept on glancing at Hae who started to talk to others. Just then he slightly turned my chin to him, our eyes met… I think… my heart skipped a beat.

“What did you do to your hair?” I asked, avoiding his stare again.

“I actually hate it, but Mom told the stylist to do this thing.” He answered annoyingly.

“It actually suits you.” I smiled, “You must be so happy tonight. Seohyun-ssi is soooo-“

“You jealous?”

“Y-ya! I’m not! I’m just saying. You know you two really looked good together!” I answered as I glanced at him who was staring at me. He suddenly pulled me that made me surprised, I slightly pushed him. Can I take my seat? My foot really hurts because of these damn shoes.

“Why me…?” I asked, still trying not to stumble because of the shoes.

“The what?”

“Why didn’t you ask Seohyun-ssi to dance?”

“I danced with her first already, besides, Mom told me to ask you instead.” I glanced at him, his ears turned red.

Oh darn it shoes, I’m still stumbling. Don’t do this to me shoes. Just one more minute and I’ll ask him to sit down.

“Ya, what’s wrong with you?!” He raised his eyebrow as he slowed down from dancing.

“I-I told you I can’t dance…” I reasoned out, just then Donghae approached us with a sly smile, we suddenly stopped, still Kyuhyun’s hands were on my waist.

“It has been nine minutes to be exact. I’m going to take my Princess now.” I slowly pushed Kyuhyun but he pulled me much close to him, more like hugging me already.

“Aren’t you going to greet me first before taking MY girl?”

“Excuse me? Your girl? When did she become yours? For all I know is that your relationship with her before is, fake.”

---

thanks for subscribing and commenting ^^ <3333

this chappie is quite long but i hope you enjoyed :3