They Meet Again

Another Full House Story [INDEFINITE HIATUS]

For two weeks, Jun Hyung had been going on blind dates set up by his mother. He had gone through more than 20 girls and disliked all of them. To him, they were all the same: middle class or upper middle class girls that were polished and well-educated, and…looking to rise up on the social ladder by marrying a rich guy.

Jun Hyung was getting ready at home for another date. He was about to leave when he was stopped by his mother.

"Jun Hyung, have none of the girls been to your liking?"

"Not really," he answered.

Mrs. Yong sighed. "I know that the circumstances for you getting married aren't ideal, but I still think it will be good for you. Having someone by your side to share your burdens and happiness with will really change a person for the better."

Jun Hyung looked away with a look of discontent. How am I supposed to believe that when every girl I've met so far has yet to ask me about my likes and dislikes instead of my future at the company?

Mrs. Yong took his hand placed a small jewelry box in it. "This was your grandmother's."

Jun Hyung opened the box to find a beautiful, silver ring with a big diamond in the middle and tiny diamonds lining the band.

"She was married for more than 70 years to your grandfather. I think this ring will bring you good luck in your marriage. Use it when you propose to the girl you choose," Mrs. Yong said with an encouraging smile.

Jun Hyung stared at the ring sadly. He looked up at his mother and gave her a meek smile. "Thanks, mom."

"Well you should be off or you'll be late for your date."

Jun Hyung put the box in his pants pocket and left for the hotel café where he would be meeting with another prospective wife.


Jae Kyung had also been meeting with various guys set up by Min Jae and wasn't met with any luck as she tried to find someone who would be willing to play her "fake husband" for a year. They all were looking for a permanent relationship. Jae Kyung was starting to lose hope at ever finding someone who would be willing to go along with her plan.

She was at a hotel café meeting another acquaintance of Min Jae's.

"So tell me Woo Hyun-ssi," Jae Kyung started but was cut off.

"Oh please, you don’t have to be so formal with me. You can call me Oppa," Woo Hyun said with a  charming smile.

"O-Oppa?" Jae Kyung awkwardly called him. This guy is so forward. It's our first time meeting and he already wants me to call him Oppa? This isn't looking good. Jae Kyung cleared and continued. "Anyways, how do you feel about divorce?"

"Divorce?" he asked in confusion. "That's a strange question to ask about on a first date," he said with a chuckle.

"I want to know your intentions before this gets any further," she shrugged.

"Well, I guess I don't really like it. I mean, I wouldn't marry someone unless I really thought she was the one. And of course I expect that she and I would have our fights, but I would try really hard to make things work. Basically, divorce is something I don't expect to ever experience," he answered with a smile.

Jae Kyung sighed. He's not the one. She picked up her drink and started gulping it down in her frustration.

"Since we're asking such serious questions, how many kids do you want?" he asked.

Jae Kyung almost choked on her drink at his question. "Excuse me?!"

"I love kids so I want a lot. What about you?"

Jae Kyung cursed Min Jae in her head. How could he set me up with this guy?! Jae Kyung took great effort to get through the rest of the date without screaming in frustration. At the end Woo Hyun suggested they go out to eat but she declined his offer. She was left alone at the table, massaging her temples as the reality of her failing plan sunk in. Her phone rang with a call from Min Jae and she picked up.


"I've heard that Star Plaza Mall is the biggest mall in South Korea. Is that true?," Min Ah, Jun Hyung's date, asked.

"I guess," Jun Hyung shrugged with a bored expression.

"Is it true that you're going to start working there?" she asked.

"Yeah," he simply answered before taking a sip of his coffee.

"So then the company will be passed down to you after your father retires, right?" she asked with a hopeful look.

Jun Hyung put down his drink and stared at her. Of course, you're just like the rest. You only care about my name and assets. His lips curved into a smirk. "That would make sense, wouldn't it?" Min Ah smiled in satisfaction at hearing this. "But," Jun Hyung continued. Min Ah's smile slowly vanished. "who knows? I may do something to piss my father off and I won't even get a portion of the company shares. But I'm sure Min Ah-ssi would support me and stay by my side even if we were to be kicked out of my family, right?"

Min Ah nervously looked away and occupied herself with dabbing with a napkin.

Jun Hyung scoffed at her lack of response. He leaned forward and gave her a sly smile. "Tell me honestly Min Ah-ssi, why would you want to marry me, a good-for-nothing guy whose been in so many scandals? What is it you see in me that you would be willing to ignore such big flaws?"

"Excuse me?"

"There's really only one good thing about me. I'm rich. That's the only reason you're here on this date, aren't you?"

Min Ah stood up and huffed in anger. She picked up her glass of water and threw it at Jun Hyung's face before storming off.

Jun Hyung scoffed at her reaction. He took a napkin and wiped his face. "Typical. Girls always make a scene when their pride is at stake."

He was about to get up and leave when the conversation of the girl sitting behind him caught his interest and he decided to stay and continue listening.


"Yah! What the heck were you thinking setting me up with him?" Jae Kyung exclaimed over the phone.

"What do you mean? Woo Hyun Hyung is known for being a player. What was wrong with him?" Min Jae asked on the other end.

"Some player," Jae Kyung scoffed. "He doesn't even believe in divorce. Not only that, he asked me how many kids I wanted!"

Min Jae laughed on the other end.

"Yah, this isn't funny! At this rate I'm never going to find someone to temporarily marry me," she cried in frustration.

Min Jae sighed on the other end, "I told you this plan wasn't going to work."

"It isn't working because you keep finding guys that want something permanent. I told you to look for guys with commitment issues. One year of marriage and then we separate," she argued.

"Hey, I'm trying. It's not like I can go up to a guy and ask them, 'Hey, you want to marry and live with a crazy chick for a year?'" he replied sarcastically.

"That kind of attitude isn't helping," she scolded. "Just keep looking," she ordered before hanging up.

"Aish, this guy," she exclaimed in frustration as she looked at her phone, "I swear he's purposely trying to make things harder than they have to be."

Jae Kyung downed the rest of her latte and stood up to leave. She grabbed her bag and started walking when someone suddenly caught her arm. She turned to see someone's hand gripping her wrist and her eyes followed the stranger's arm to see a guy, a very familiar looking guy.


As Jun Hyung listened to the conversation of the girl behind him, he started to understand the gist of her predicament.

Hmm, she's looking for someone to temporarily marry her. Interesting. Maybe I can use her for my situation.

He sensed the girl getting up to leave. She was about to pass his table when he grabbed her wrist. She turned to look at him and his eyes widened. It was the girl from the bar the night of his accident.

"YOU!" Jun Hyung and Jae Kyung both exclaimed.


Author's Note

And here it is, the much awaited second meeting.

8/24/12 10:37 AM00