Her Bad Luck

Another Full House Story [INDEFINITE HIATUS]

"Is that why your arms look so buff?" Min Jae joked as he laughed at Jae Kyung.

Jae Kyung made a face at him.

"But now you know why I can't live with them anymore," she said with a distressed look.

"I see your problem…but I don't see a solution. How are you going to convince your parents to live on your own?"

"I'm not exactly sure yet, but the fact that I've graduated has to count for something right? They'll see that I'm an adult now and can take care of myself, I'm sure of it," Jae Kyung said with determination.

Min Jae shook his head at her. "Good luck with that."

"Well, enough about me, what about you? How was Africa?" she asked him.

Min Jae started describing his year in Africa to her.

At another booth in the bar, Dong Woon and his friends had just come back from clubbing to drink and chat.

[Note: In terms of who calls whom Hyung among the BEAST members, this is how I've set it up: Doo Joon, Hyun Seung, Jun Hyung, Yo Seob, and Gi Kwang call each other by name even though they're not all born in the same year, but they are within a year apart. However Dong Woon calls all of them Hyung.]

"Congratulations on your graduation Dong Woon-ah, you're finally entering the real world," Doo Joon said to the maknae of the group as he pat his back.

[Maknae: youngest]

"Hey, to celebrate, why don't you get a chick to buy you a drink?" Gi Kwang suggested.

"That's if he can get a girl to buy him a drink," Hyun Seung joked.

"I don't think I can go up to a girl like that," Dong Woon shyly answered.

"Don't worry, you've got an expert here," Yo Seob said pointing his thumb at Jun Hyung. "Why don't you give Dong Woon some tips on how to approach a girl," he suggested to Jun Hyung.

"You just have to approach them confidently," Jun Hyung answered coolly as he swirled his drink around.

"And how exactly is our shy and innocent maknae supposed to gain confidence so quickly?" Hyun Seung asked.

"Start with an easy target," Jun Hyung answered as he scanned the bar for someone. His eyes spotted a girl who was sitting alone at the bar table. "Her," he said as he nodded towards the girl.

"Ooh, she's cute," Yo Seob approved.

"What should I say to her?" Dong Woon asked his friends nervously.

"Just tell her you're celebrating and you want to do it with a pretty girl," Doo Joon suggested.

"But the important thing is you have to say it with confidence. Don't show her that you're nervous. Girls like a guy that takes the lead and knows what they want," Jun Hyung coached him.

Dong Woon took a deep breath before getting up and approaching the girl as his five friends watched him in anticipation.

"Excuse me," he said to the woman when he was in front of her.

She looked up. "Yes?"

"Um, I-I just gradated from c-college and I-I was wondering i-if you would c-celebrate with me," he nervously stuttered.

"Why are you asking me?" she asked.

"B-because you're p-pretty?" he said as if he was asking a question.

"Well do you think I'm pretty or not?" she asked in slight irritation.

"Yes." Dong Woon quickly answered

"I'm glad you think so, but I don't associate with kids" she said as she patted his cheek before getting up and leaving.

Dong Woon stared after her in disbelief. He could hear his friends laughing nearby.

"That was a total failure!" Yo Seob said as Dong Woon came back to the table looking depressed.

"Hyung, what you said didn't work," Dong Woon whined to Jun Hyung.

"Hey, I could hear everything you said and you were stuttering the whole time. Of course she's going to reject you," Jun Hyung defended himself.

"It's okay, Dong Woon-ah. I'll buy you a drink," Gi Kwang joked as he pat his back.

"No thanks, I'm not in the mood any more," Dong Woon pouted.

"Hey, don't be like that," Doo Joon consoled him.

"How about we have some fun?" Yo Seob said with a grin. "Let's make a bet."

"A bet? What kind of bet?" Gi Kwang asked.

"Since Jun Hyung here is so good at picking up chicks, let's see if he can charm a girl that we choose," Yo Seob playfully suggested.

"Yah, how can you make a bet on me without asking?" Jun Hyung interjected as he glared at Yo Seob.

"Why? Don't think you can do it?" Doo Joon asked with a playful smirk.

Jun Hyung shot a look at him. "No, I can do it. I just like being asked first. Fine, pick someone and I'll show you how an expert does things."

"We have to make it hard," Hyun Seung added.

"How about her?" Gi Kwang pointed towards Jae Kyung.

"But she's already with someone," Dong Woon pointed out.

"Exactly. If Jun Hyung is a true lady killer, he can seduce a girl that's already taken as well," Gi Kwang answered with a mischievous smile towards Jun Hyung.

Jun Hyung glanced at Jae Kyung and smirked. She looks easy enough.

"Hey, the guy is leaving," Hyun Seung pointed out.

"Aww man, that makes it easier if her boyfriend isn't there," Yo Seob whined.

"Still, if Jun Hyung can get her when we know she's taken, he must have some skills," Doo Joon joked.

"Now she's leaving too, and she's going to walk past us" Hyun Seung kept commentating.

"Perfect, I won't have to get up at all then. Watch how it's done kids," he said with a smirk.

As Min Jae and Jae Kyung chatted, Min Jae noticed the time on his watch.

"Sorry Jae Kyung, but I have to get going," he said as he got up.

"Already?" she pouted. "Okay, well thanks for meeting up with me. Bye Min Jae," she waved to him.

"Bye Jae Kyung. Call me later about how things go with your parents," he said with a grin before leaving.

Jae Kyung sighed to herself. "I guess I should get going too. It's no fun drinking by yourself. Plus mom and dad are probably going to have a fit if I don’t get home soon." She got her stuff together and left soon after Min Jae. As she walked towards the exit of the bar, someone grabbed her wrist. She looked back to see who it was.

"Hey, leaving already?" Jun Hyung asked with a smirk.

"Yes, so please let go of my wrist," she said as she tried to pull her wrist out of his grasp without any success.

"Aww come on. Why don't you have one more drink? My treat," he said as he his bottom lip.

Jae Kyung rolled her eyes at him. "I'm not interested. So I'll ask nicely one more time. Please let go of my wrist," she said forcefully.

Jun Hyung was getting slightly annoyed at her dismissal of him. He pulled her arm so that she lost her balance and landed in his lap.

"Don't play so hard to get," he said as he inched closer to her face. "It's only y up to a point," he whispered in her ear.

Jae Kyung grit her teeth in anger. Noticing his drink in front of her, she picked up the glass and threw its contents at his face.

"Oooohh," the boys who had been watching quietly the whole time finally spoke up.

Jun Hyung stared at her in disbelief before wiping his face and glaring at her.

"I already asked you nicely twice so you should have seen that coming," Jae Kyung spat at him as she got up out of his lap. "I know how guys like you work. You think just because you're good-looking and have some confidence you can get whatever girl you want. Well I hate to break it to you, but not every girl likes arrogant bad boy types like you," she said with a face of disgust before leaving.

She head out to the bus stop and just as she was nearing it, she saw her bus about to leave the stop. She started running, but unfortunately the driver didn't notice her and continued driving off.

"That was the last bus!" she exclaimed. She heaved a sigh in irritation. "Now I have to take a cab. Damn it that's going to be so expensive." She glared in the direction of the bar. "It's all that jerk's fault. Aish, what bad luck!"

Jun Hyung meanwhile was fuming as his friends laughed at him.

"Hahaha, Hyung, I guess your method doesn't work on every girl," Dong Woon said with a laugh.

"Looks like even Jun Hyung gets rejected by the ladies," Doo Joon joked.

Jun Hyung suddenly stood up, taking his friends by surprise.

"Yah, why do you have that scary look in your eyes?" Yo Seob yelped with wide eyes.

"You're not going after her are you?" Gi Kwang asked with worry.

"That dared to reject me?!" Jun Hyung yelled in anger.

"Hey, sit down, you're causing a scene," Hyun Seung whispered as he tried to pull Jun Hyung back down.

Before he could run after Jae Kyung, Jun Hyung's phone started ringing and he picked it up.

"What?" answered in annoyance.

"Jun Hyung-ah? Where are you? You need to hurry back home!" the voice answered.

"Mom?" he asked in confusion.

"Your father is on his way. Hurry back before he gets here!" she said urgently.

"What?! But he's not supposed to be back till tomorrow," he said in panic.

"He called and said his plane landed and he's on his way. You know what he'll do if he finds you still out," his mother said with worry.

"Okay, I'm on my way," he said before hanging up.

"What was that?" Doo Joon asked him.

"My dad's back," he said with a look of fear in his eyes before running off.

"Poor Hyung. He got rejected badly by a girl and now his dad's back early," Dong Woon said with a sympathetic look at Jun Hyung's retreating back.

"Wait, I just realized that we made a bet but we didn't say what the loser has to do," Yo Seob said while face-palming himself. "Aish, this would have been a good opportunity to make Jun Hyung do something embarrassing."

Doo Joon hit the back of his head.

"Ow!" Yo Seob yelled as he rubbed his head.

"Is that all you can think of when Jun Hyung could be in big trouble?" Doo Joon reprimanded him. "Let's hope he gets home before his dad does," he said with a worried look after Jun Hyung.


Author's Note

Alright, the first Jun Hyung/Jae Kyung interaction! But sadly they didn't exactly meet on good terms, did they? Haha, but that's how it always starts, right? Guy and girl meet. Guy and girl hate each other. Guy and girl are forced to be together for some crazy reason. Guy and girl start to fall for each other. Wait...did I just give the whole plot away? Nah, you guys were expecting all that to happen, right? Haha, well I hope you're anticipating the crazy stuff that's going to happen between these two ^_~

And if you've ever watched the Korean drama Full House, then you could say that this scene kind of corresponds to Young Jae (Bi/Rain) and Ji Eun's (Song Hye Kyo) first meeting on the plane where Ji Eun ends up puking on Young Jae. But as far as making comparisons go, it's true that the general plot is similar to Full House, however I have a lot of plot twists planned that will make it its own. I hope I can keep you guys entertained with my version of the story :)

8/3/12 11:02 PM00