Wake Up Call

Another Full House Story [INDEFINITE HIATUS]

Jun Hyung and Jae Kyung arrived at the hotel on Jeju Island where they would be spending their weekend. At the check-in desk, the hotel clerk handed them their keys for their suite and directed them towards the elevator, which the two took to the top floor.

They arrived at the door of their suite and Jun Hyung slid the card into the reader, turning the handle once the LED light flashed green. The door opened to a lavish living room area, brightly lit from the open curtains of the window. It was well furnished with an entertainment system and beautiful décor around the walls.

"Wow, our mothers really went all out for our honeymoon," Jae Kyung commented, her eyes glancing around at the suite.

"This much is expected even if it wasn't for a honeymoon," he remarked with an air of condescension. Jae Kyung gave him a judgmental side-glance, making a face at his conceitedness.

He continued further into the suite and opened the double French doors in the back to the bedroom where there was a large king-sized bed decorated with rose petals. Jun Hyung scoffed at the petals and picked one up. "How tacky," he said before letting it fall back on the bed.

Jae Kyung entered the bedroom, rolling her suitcase behind her. She lifted it and placed it on the bed. "Where are you sleeping?" she casually asked as she tried different number combinations for the lock on her bag. She forgot the combination Hyo Joo had told her just before leaving the wedding venue and thus was trying out various numbers.

Jun Hyung folded his arms across his chest. "And what makes you think I'm sleeping anywhere else but on this bed?"

"Duh, obviously we're not going to share," Jae Kyung answered.

"Right, so shouldn't you figure out where you're sleeping? My entire life I've never slept on anything but a mattress, and I'm not going to change that now."

"But I'm a girl!" Jae Kyung protested. "You can't make me sleep on the floor!"

The two shared a challenging glare before Jun Hyung grabbed Jae Kyung's still unopened bag and stomped out of the bedroom.

Jae Kyung hurriedly followed after him "Yah! What are you doing with my bag?!"

Jun Hyung threw her bag on the couch and turned to her. "I'm not that heartless," he said with a smirk. "I'll let you sleep on the couch." Before Jae Kyung could argue, he grabbed his own bag and took it into the bedroom, shutting the door behind him.

Jae Kyung put her hands on her hips and scoffed loudly, the nerve of him to make her sleep on the couch. She blew her hair out of her face in frustration before resuming her original task of trying to open her bag. She was still at it 10 minutes later when Jun Hyung came out. He had changed from his airport attire into something lighter: swim trunks and a white, button up shirt with the top buttons open and the sleeves rolled up, revealing his arm tattoo.

"Still trying to open it," he murmured to himself. "Why don't you just call Hyo Joo and ask her for the combination?"

Jae Kyung paused for a second, feeling stupid at not having thought of doing that herself. But she couldn't take his suggestion and let him boast about it later.  "I don't need to call her," she retorted as she continued trying out different combinations. "Because I know what the combination is." Just as she said it, the lock clicked open and she jumped up in excitement. "Yes! In your face!" she said, holding the lock in front of Jun Hyung's face. He stared back, unamused by her accomplishment.

She grinned to herself and turned back to the bag to open it. But as soon as she did, her face fell. On top of all the clothing that was packed, were various bikinis, the latest models that Hyo Joo was able to get through her modeling agency. Jae Kyung sifted through, trying to at least find something to put on over the bikinis, but all the cover-ups were see-through. What was the point of that?

Jun Hyung tried to contain his laughter as he watched Jae Kyung frantically search through her bag for something decent to wear, throwing clothes onto the couch as she sifted through them. But the deeper down she dug, the more appalled she became. There were short shorts, tops that revealed the naval or were low-cut, skimpy dresses and to top it off, the last remaining piece of clothing at the bottom of the bag: lingerie.

"Oh my god, I have nothing to wear," she said to herself in defeat.

Jun Hyung put his hands in his pockets and sauntered towards the door. "I'm going down to the beach to rent a boat. Come if you want, but I'm leaving in half an hour," he lazily said to her over his shoulder just before leaving the suite. He smiled to himself as he closed the door behind him. Maybe he was going to find out about her "nice body" after all.

Jae Kyung groaned, stomping her feet in place in a small tantrum. She didn't want to be stuck in the suite the whole weekend. She looked out the window and stared at the blue water, the white beaches and all the tourists smiling and having fun. She sighed to herself and looked around before a brochure on the coffee table caught her eye. It was for the various attractions nearby and looking through it, one of the places stuck out to her and she smiled to herself, a plan coming to mind.


Jun Hyung arrived at the boat rental shack and chose one of the higher end models to take out for the day. After signing all the paperwork, receiving the mandatory training that was redundant for him, and paying, he prepared to take it out on the water.

Before departing, Jun Hyung glanced at his watch and saw that half an hour had already passed yet he didn't see Jae Kyung anywhere. She was probably still in the suite, moping about on the couch and watching TV. It didn't matter to him though whether she came or not and he started the engine, ready to leave.

"Yah! Wait for me!" Jae Kyung called from the dock. Jun Hyung looked up to see her running towards him, clad in an oversized, white, Jeju Island t-shirt and some tacky multicolored shorts. So much for discovering her nice body.

"What the heck are you wearing?" he asked with a raised brow, giving her a disgusted look.

Jae Kyung looked down at herself and shrugged. "I went to a gift shop and bought the cheapest clothes they had. Unfortunately they didn't have a t-shirt in my size, but at least it covers, right?"

Jun Hyung was embarrassed to be seen with her and glanced around nervously, hoping no one was staring at them. He quickly pulled Jae Kyung onto the boat and made her go down into the lower deck, forcing her to stay there until they were out on the water, away from watchful eyes. Jae Kyung initially protested until she saw the lower deck and was awed by the accommodations that were provided, forgetting about her initial anger towards him.

Miles away from shore, Jun Hyung turned off the engine and let the boat float in the water. Jae Kyung was finally allowed to come up and sit on the deck to admire the view.

She walked over to the edge and cautiously peered down at the blue water, hoping to see marine life pop out. It didn't, and feeling bored, Jae Kyung walked back to the center of the deck and joined Jun Hyung who sat in a lawn chair watching something on his phone.

"When are we going back to shore?" she asked him.

"When I feel like it," he lazily answered without looking away from his phone screen.

Jae Kyung pouted and fell back on her lounge chair. There was nothing to do out here. She turned her head and stared at Jun Hyung, his arm tattoo catching her attention. She sat back up and tilt her head to read the writing "Kar pay dee uhm k…k…" She had a hard time reading the stylized English writing.

Jun Hyung rolled his eyes at her pathetic attempt and read it out for her, "Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero," he quickly and fluently read.

Jae Kyung nodded with a blank face. She didn't say anything for a while before finally asking, "What does it mean?"

Jun Hyung put down his phone and gave her an incredulous look. "You don't even know what this means?" he asked, holding up his arm to her. Jae Kyung frowned at his condescending tone. "Yah, are you sure you really graduated college? This is a famous Latin quote by Horace. It means ‘Seize the day, putting little trust as possible in the future’."

"Latin is a dead language! Why would I know that?" she huffed back. "And I know the quote is by Horace," she muttered. "Dad is always telling it to us in Korean."

Jun Hyung went back to looking at his phone while Jae Kyung continued to stare at him. She thought back to the day he was introduced to his parents, where he had used that exact quote to win over her dad. What a coincidence, she thought, that they both lived by the same saying. Yet she couldn't see any other similarities between Jun Hyung and her father. Her father was kind, playful, supportive, a family man. Whereas Jun Hyung, he was conceited, arrogant, selfish, and judging from how his older brother wasn't present for the family picture and how Da Hae spoke of him, he didn't seem like much of a family person, despite what his mother had told her right after the wedding about him valuing family above everything else.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," Jun Hyung said with a bored tone.

Jae Kyung scowled and was about to look away when she noticed something on his collarbone, which was left exposed due to his ed shirt. Without thinking, she pulled the collar of his shirt down to reveal another tattoo, startling Jun Hyung at her bold behavior.

"Yah! What are you doing?!" he yelled at her.

Jae Kyung furrowed her eyebrows and read his tattoo, "Born again still your son."

"Do I have to explain what that means too or is English not a dead language to you?" he mockingly asked.

Jae Kyung scowled at his jeering. "I know what it means!" she retorted. "Just…it's weird that you would have a tattoo like this."

"And why is it weird?" he asked, putting his phone down.

Jae Kyung shrugged and stood up, crossing her arms in front of her. "It doesn't fit you," she blatantly stated. "You're a selfish player. Why would you have a tattoo dedicated to your parents?"

Jun Hyung clenched his jaw at her words. What did she know of his character to speak so freely about it? It put him on edge that she was assuming things about him again. This is what he hated about certain girls; they thought they knew everything about a person at first glance.

"Have you ever heard the phrase, 'you shouldn't judge a book by its cover'?" he asked through gritted teeth. "What makes you assume that I'm a selfish player?"

"I didn't judge you by your looks," she retorted. "I judged you from your actions and words. If you remember, you were the one trying to hit on me at the bar the first day we met."

"I told you it was a bet!" he shouted.

"Doesn't matter. If you would bet on picking up a girl, then it just shows what kind of a person you really are," she argued, giving him a look up and down.

Jun Hyung scoffed to himself before standing up and locking eyes with her. "Then I guess you're right," he said, slowly walking towards her. "And as a heartless player, maybe I should show you my skills," he said with a seductive smirk.

Jae Kyung's eyes widened in alarm and she slowly backed away from him. "Y-yah! What do you mean show me your skills? Remember the contract! You can't touch me!" she exclaimed, putting her hands against his chest and trying to push him away. But she was unsuccessful and she found herself walking backwards as he continued forward.

"Intimate action is allowed to prove our relationship. And who knows how many paparazzi are hiding around here, trying to take pictures of our honeymoon.”

Jae Kyung glanced around at their surroundings. All she could see was blue water around her. "What are you talking about? There's no one else around here," she answered with a shaky voice. Jae Kyung turned to look behind her and realized she was close to the edge of the boat. She turned back to Jun Hyung with a pleading look in her eyes. "Y-yah, s-stop!"

"I think you need a wake up call," he said in a low, provocative tone that sent shivers down Jae Kyung's spine. She gulped at what he could possibly mean by that.

The heel of her foot was off the edge of the boat now and she felt her heart pulsing quickly in fear. Jun Hyung leaned down, as if to kiss her. Jae Kyung cowered and tried to beg again. "I’m sorry, please stop," she squeaked.

Jun Hyung smirked in response and took one more step, which was enough for Jae Kyung to lose her footing. She fell into the water with a big splash and Jun Hyung smiled in satisfaction. The cold water would make her think twice about making any conclusions about him again. "Why don’t you swim back to shore?!" he shouted at her before turning away.

Jae Kyung spluttered around in the water, trying to stay afloat. "I can't swim!" she shouted, swallowing water as she did.

Jun Hyung turned back to look at her. "Yeah right, like I'm going to fall for that!" he rebutted, rolling his eyes at her lame attempt to make him jump into the water. He waited for her to stop splashing around, which she did, but instead of staying afloat, she sank deeper into the water. However, she didn't come back up and Jun Hyung started getting worried. "Yah, stop joking around! It's not funny!" he shouted into the water. But a few seconds passed and Jae Kyung still hadn't surfaced.

Jun Hyung's eyes widened in panic and in a flash, he dove into the water after Jae Kyung. He found her unconscious, her arms limply flowing in the water. Grabbing hold of her waist, he pulled her up to the surface and swam towards the boat, laying her on the deck.

"Jae Kyung! Song Jae Kyung!" he called to her, tapping her cheeks to wake her up, without any success.

He put his ear to her nose and mouth, but couldn’t hear her breathing and he started panicking. Clasping his hands together, he pumped her chest a few times before pinching her nose, opening , and blowing air in. She still lay unconscious. Jun Hyung repeated compressing her chest and blowing air.

Finally, after the third chest pump, Jae Kyung coughed water out of and opened her eyes.

Jun Hyung's tense shoulders relaxed and he heaved a big sigh of relief as he ran his fingers through his wet hair. He helped steady Jae Kyung as she weakly tried to sit up.

"Are you okay?" he softly asked her.

Jae Kyung's breath came out unevenly as she started sobbing. "Y-you j-jerk!" she stuttered.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you couldn't swim," he tried to argue.

"I t-told you to st-stop!" she cried, hitting his chest with her fists. "A-! J-jerk! M-moron!" Jun Hyung let her continue to hit him with her weak punches until she stopped and just sobbed, her chest heaving from the traumatic experience. He pulled her into a tight embrace, trying to calm her down.

"You promised you weren't going to hurt me," she said through her sobs.

"I know. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry," he whispered, her hair and trying to get her to calm down.

The guilt hit him and all he could think was how thankful he was that she was okay. Some trip this was turning out to be. Hopefully it wasn't any indication of how their ‘marriage’ would fare.


Author’s Note

Wow, I didn’t think I would be updating again so quickly. Yeah, so here’s the honeymoon, or I guess part of it, there’s still more to come. This scene was based on the real honeymoon from Full House. I adapted it to fit my version :) I don’t know when the next update will be, but hopefully soon? For some reason I’ve been in the mood to write for this story lately ^_^

11/22/12 8:05 PM00