Spoiled

Another Full House Story [INDEFINITE HIATUS]

"This is your car?" Jae Kyung asked incredulously, taking sight of the beautiful, red, shiny sports car in with a gasp.

Jun Hyung glanced over her and slightly smirked. "Get in," he ordered her as he got into the driver's seat.

Jae Kyung walked over and gently pulled on the handle of the passenger door. She slipped in and admired the sleek interior, agape.

"If you're done drooling, then we'll get going," Jun Hyung facetiously remarked.

"Uh, okay," Jae Kyung said, reaching for the seat belt. But before she could even pull it down across her body, she was jerked back as Jun Hyung stepped on the gas and sped onto the highway.

"Yah! Slow down!" she shouted at him, struggling to buckle her seat belt.

"I don't own a sports car so I can drive like an old grandpa," he rebutted, speeding up as he weaved between other cars on the highway.

When Jun Hyung finally parked, Jae Kyung quickly opened the door and got out, kneeling on the ground and patting it in appreciation. "I love you Earth! Oh my god, I thought I was going to die!" she cried.

Jun Hyung rolled his eyes at her and continued towards the building he had parked in front of, Star Plaza Mall, without a second glance back at Jae Kyung. Jae Kyung eventually stood back up, and after dusting her hands and knees off, she ran after Jun Hyung. She entered through the mall doors behind him and instantly was greeted by attendants who recognized the son of the CEO.

"Welcome, Young Master," a woman politely greeted with a deep bow.

The other attendants bowed low as well in a line down from the entrance of the mall. Jae Kyung glanced left and right at the row of people treating Jun Hyung like a prince and she found herself awkwardly nodding her head back in greeting since Jun Hyung chose to ignore them. He led her to one of the department stores where an employee quickly walked towards him and bowed in greeting.

"How may I help you, Young Master?" she politely asked.

"It's not me that needs help, but her," he answered, jabbing his thumb at Jae Kyung behind him. Jae Kyung frowned at the way he said that. "She needs to be dressed more sophisticatedly for a meeting with my parents," he explained to her.

"Ah yes," the employee answered in understanding. "Please come this way, miss," she motioned for Jae Kyung to follow her.

Jae Kyung made a face at Jun Hyung before following after the lady. Jun Hyung took a seat on a couch and lazily looked through a magazine while he waited for Jae Kyung. The employee meanwhile had been giving Jae Kyung various outfits to try on. However Jae Kyung wasn't satisfied with any of them. They were clothes that she didn't typically wear. Despite Hyo Joo constantly trying to dress her, Jae Kyung's fashion sense leaned towards comfortable rather than stylish.

"Yah! Why are you taking so long?!" Jun Hyung irritably asked, becoming impatient with Jae Kyung who had yet to show him even one outfit.

"These clothes aren't really my style," she whined behind the fitting room door.

"I don't care!" he yelled back. "Just come out with whatever you're wearing right now!" he ordered her.

Jae Kyung made a face to show her equal irritation at Jun Hyung from within the fitting room and with a big sigh, finally opened the door in the outfit she was currently in: a knee-length, dark-blue strapless dress with white polka dots and dark-blue suede pumps.

Hearing her heels tapping the tile beneath her as Jae Kyung walked towards him, Jun Hyung lifted his gaze from the magazine in his hands to her. His eyes widened slightly at the change a simple outfit could make in his perception of her. The dress hugged her upper body perfectly, showing off her slim waste and revealing her smooth shoulders and prominent collarbones. Her legs were just as smooth and well-shaped. But he regained his senses when she tried pulling up her dress in an un-lady like manner.

Of course, I can't expect her to act like a lady just because she looks like one, he thought to himself.

"I feel like this dress is going to fall off," she complained.

"Rather than blaming the dress, blame yourself for not having anything to hold it up," he snidely remarked.

"You want to say that again?" she challenged him with a death glare. Jun Hyung simply smirked back in response.

"Here is the top that goes along with the dress," the employee said, handing Jae Kyung a beige blazer which she quickly accepted and put on, feeling a little better that she would have some cover if her dress did actually fall off.

"I guess we're taking this outfit," Jun Hyung mumbled to himself. "She'll wear it as is. Just charge it to my card," he informed the employee, handing her his credit card.

"Yes, Young Master," she answered with a bow before heading towards the cash register.

"Um…" Jae Kyung hesitantly started.

"What is it?" Jun Hyung asked with a bored look.

"This outfit," she said, glancing down at her clothes, "It's kind of out of my price range," she admitted. "You think if I keep the price tags on I can return it?"

Jun Hyung simply stared at her. "Are you that poor?" he asked insensitively.

"Yah!" Jae Kyung immediately flared up. "My dad is also a big-shot businessman," she defended. "He's the owner of JK Toys!"

"Then you should be able to afford something like this."

"You know, not every CEO's kid is spoiled like you! I have one credit card that I can use only for emergencies. Any money that I have is from saving each and every cent from birthdays, holidays, and allowances."

"You think I'm spoiled?" Jun Hyung asked in a dangerously low voice.

Jae Kyung's expression slightly faltered at his tone but she didn't back down. "You must be if you have a Spirra sports car and you use your money so freely."

Jun Hyung intensely stared at her before his lips curved into a small smirk, "You're right. That must be the case."

Jae Kyung noticed the emptiness in his dark eyes and couldn't help but feel a little guilty, though what she said wasn't wrong according to her.

The employee finally came back from ringing Jae Kyung's clothes up. "Your card, Young Master," she said, holding his credit card out to him.

Jun Hyung broke his eye contact with Jae Kyung and turned to the woman, taking the card from her before she bowed and left the two alone. He turned back to Jae Kyung and walked towards her until he was standing just inches away.

Jae Kyung tried not to show it, but she was a little scared of him at the moment, afraid that maybe his words affected him more than he let on. He was much taller and much stronger than her after all, and her current outfit really limited her movement. Besides, if he did anything to her, he could probably shut the employees up and cover up the whole incident.

Jun Hyung grabbed her waist and pulled her towards him. Jae Kyung's palms immediately pressed up against his chest as a reflex.

"W-what are you doing?" she asked with a shaky voice and wide eyes.

Jae Kyung tried pushing him away, but instead, he held onto one of her hands as his other hand on her back travelled upwards.

Jun Hyung dangerously smiled at her. "Don't worry about returning the clothes." He leaned down to her ear. "This spoiled fiancé of yours will take care of the bill. I mean, it's the least I can do for my future wife," he whispered, his hot breath making Jae Kyung shiver.

As he pulled back, he tugged at the tags on the back of Jae Kyung's dress and at the cuff of her blazer, crumpling them in front of her eyes before turning on his heel and walking towards the exit.

Jae Kyung stood there, weak-kneed and trying to regain her senses. "I think I should have researched on his background a little more before jumping into this marriage with him," she said to herself. "He couldn't really be an abusive jackass…could he?" she asked herself with obvious fear written on her face.

"What are you doing?" Jun Hyung called after her. "Hurry up!"

"Y-yes!" she squeaked, running as fast as she could in her heels so she didn't keep him waiting, afraid to anger him anymore.


The car ride to Jun Hyung's house was quiet, except for the loud whirring of his car on the highway. Jun Hyung was lost in his thoughts as he drove. Having caused a commotion with his public proposal, his father was quick to find out the news regarding anything related to the company, of which he was a direct link. Mr. Yong had demanded earlier that morning to meet Jun Hyung's so-called fiancé that afternoon for lunch. Despite his current composed and expressionless face, Jun Hyung was anxious about the soon-approaching meeting with his parents, particularly his father. His grip on the steering wheel tightened as he thought about his father's reaction to Jae Kyung. It would take a miracle for him to accept her.

Jae Kyung had been fiddling with the seat belt strap for a long while before she finally built up the courage to speak. "Thank you," she quietly mumbled.

Jun Hyung was interrupted from his thoughts and took a quick sideways glance at her. "For what?"

"Although I know it wasn't because you wanted to, thanks for buying me these clothes," she quietly answered, not daring to make eye contact with him.

Jun Hyung stared at her side profile through the corner of his eye. It was strange, hearing her thank him for something as simple as buying her clothes. He had done it countless times for girls before, and yes, they did thank him, but he knew it wasn't sincere. However, coming from Jae Kyung, he knew she meant it. From their interactions, it was hard to believe that she had any manners at all. Actually, thinking about it more, Jae Kyung was technically polite to him when they first met at the bar [Chapter 5]:

"Hey, leaving already?" Jun Hyung asked with a smirk.

"Yes, so please let go of my wrist," she said as she tried to pull her wrist out of his grasp without any success.

"Aww come on. Why don't you have one more drink? My treat," he said as he his bottom lip.

Jae Kyung rolled her eyes at him. "I'm not interested. So I'll ask nicely one more time. Please let go of my wrist," she said forcefully.

"You're right, it wasn't because I wanted to," he said matter-of-factly. "But…you're welcome."

A small smile of appreciation formed on the corner of his lips, which went unnoticed by Jae Kyung who finally got what she wanted off her chest and spent the rest of the ride looking out the window at the buildings and other cars passing by in a blur.

Maybe there's hope for this crazy plan after all.

Jun Hyung slowed down in front of the gates to his house, continuing through on the circular driveway once they opened, and parked at the front.

Jae Kyung's jaw dropped as soon as she stepped out of the car. "This is where you live?" she asked in awe.

"Why are you asking like you don't live in something similar?" Jun Hyung asked with a hint of incredulity.

"Because I don't," Jae Kyung bluntly answered.

"I thought you said your dad owned some toy company," Jun Hyung rebutted.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean we live in a mansion. I mean, our house is pretty big, but nothing like this," Jae Kyung explained looking up and around at the exterior of the beautiful, three-story, cream-colored house with stone columns.

"Well I'm glad my house is to your liking, but we won't be staying here, remember?" Jun Hyung said sardonically. "So stop gaping and let's go in and get this over with." He walked towards the front door.

Jae Kyung quickly shut and followed after. Before Jun Hyung actually opened the door though, he abruptly turned around, catching Jae Kyung by surprise and causing her to trip backwards and fall on her . Jun Hyung gave her a hard look and crouched down.

"Don't speak unless you're spoken to, and please, as hard as it may be for you, try not to say anything stupid, okay?" he disparagingly ordered her before standing back up and turning to open the door.

Jae Kyung made a face showing her dissatisfaction at his unnecessarily rude remark and equally rude behavior. He didn't even help her up after making her fall. She took a deep breath to calm down, blowing on the loose strands of hair on her face as she exhaled, and stood up. After straightening out her dress and blazer, she followed Jun Hyung into his house.


Author's Note

So we see some of "dark Jun Hyung", but I promise that once we actually get to their married status, this will become a comedy. And though you might have found this chapter boring, there are actually a few important details here that are important for developing the characters. As the story progresses, hopefully you'll gradually understand Jae Kyung and Jun Hyung and see how they change from the way they are now as they interact with one another more :)

10/5/12 11:55 PM00