This One is Too Much Drama

Another Full House Story [INDEFINITE HIATUS]

Jae Kyung sighed as she rested her head against her right hand and stirred her drink with a straw using her left. She had just eaten with her family and was now at a bar waiting for her best friend, Kim Min Jae, to come and celebrate her graduation with her. Min Jae and Jae Kyung had been best friends since middle school and the two knew each other inside and out. Unfortunately they went to different colleges and as a result weren't able to see each other as much, especially for senior year when Min Jae had decided to take the year off to volunteer in Africa. But he was finally back and the two could finally catch up on what had happened to them in the last year.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," Min Jae said to Jae Kyung as he sat down across from her at the table.

"Oh, you're here," she said without any energy as her eyes lazily shifted up to look at him.

"Yeah, traffic was heavy. So, congratulations Jae Kyung, you actually graduated," he said with a grin.

"Yeah…" was all she could say.

"What's up with you? You're supposed to be in a celebratory mood," Min Jae asked, puzzled by her depressed aura.

"I've decided to move out," is all she said.

"Huh? Move out?" Min Jae asked confused.

Jae Kyung lifted her head from her hand and looked him in the eye with determination. "I'm going to get out and live on my own. One way or another."

Min Jae stared at her, dumbfounded, before letting out a big laugh. "Yeah, right. With your parents? Good luck with that!"

"I mean it. Now that I'm done with college, I should be considered an adult that can take care of myself. I'm not a kid anymore that has to live with someone looking after me!" she exclaimed.

"But I love your parents. They're so much fun to be around."

"I guess so, but living with them while I went to college was hard. They live on the outskirts of Seoul so it took me an hour to get to school every day. For three years, I had to get up 3 hours before my first class to get there on time. Three hours!"

"Haha, yeah, I remember your panda eyes every time I saw you!" he joked.

Jae Kyung made a face at him to show how unamused she was.

"Anyways, after three years of going through that torment, I finally convinced them to let me live closer to school for senior year."

"Wait, what? You mean you've been living on your own this past year?" Min Jae asked, surprised.

"Not exactly. They agreed to let me move in with Joong Gi Oppa and Hyo Joo Unni since they lived the closest to school."

"Ahh, I see. Hmm, living with Joong Gi Hyung and his hot model wife. How was that?" he asked in wonder.

"Oh my god, they constantly fought one moment and then randomly made up the next. It was like living in a soap opera!" she answered in frustration. "It got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore. Let me tell you what I had to go through."

Jae Kyung started telling him of an incident as Min Jae listened with interest.


"Jae Kyung-ah, can you tell Joong Gi that dinner is ready?" Hyo Joo called to Jae Kyung from the kitchen.

"Sure!" she answered from the living room as she got up from the couch and walked over to his office door.

She knocked on the door. "Oppa, dinner is ready."

Joong Gi didn't answer, but through the door Jae Kyung could hear papers ruffling as she put her ear to the door. She decided to open it and was greeted by Joong Gi frantically going through his office looking for something.

"Oppa, what are you doing?" she asked quizzically.

 "I'm trying to find a candy wrapper. Do you see one anywhere?" he answered without looking up as he continued to search his desk.

"A candy wrapper? Why are you looking for that?" she asked as she walked over to a stack of papers on the desk and started searching through it.

"There's a phone number I wrote on it. It's really important that I don't lose it," he answered with a troubled look.

"What's taking you two so long?!" Hyo Joo called from the kitchen. "Dinner is ready. Hurry up and eat before it gets cold," she said as she made her way to the office. "What are you guys doing?" she asked when she saw Joong Gi and Jae Kyung looking through various papers.

"Hyo Joo-ah, did you see a candy wrapper on my desk?" Joong Gi asked.

"Oh I threw it away when I was cleaning earlier," she answered.

"What?!" Joong Gi exclaimed as he looked up. "How could you throw it away?!"

"It was trash so why wouldn't I throw it away?"

"That wrapper had a very important phone number written on it. I told you not to touch my office so why were you cleaning it?!" he angrily yelled.

"And I've been telling you to clean your office for a week!" she retorted.

Jae Kyung felt out of place as she stood in the corner and watched the two fight.

"How I keep my office shouldn't be any of your business!"

"It becomes my business when your pig sty of a room risks us getting mice!"

"Um, you guys, maybe instead of yelling-" Jae Kyung tried to speak.

"You stay out of this!" they both yelled as they glared at her before turning back to argue with each other.

Jae Kyung sighed and decided to leave the room.

"Oh man, it doesn't look like this is going to mend itself this time," Jae Kyung said to herself as she closed the door behind her, their voices still clearly heard through the door.

"I guess I'll have to step in," she said with a sigh.

Jae Kyung went out and walked to the dumpsters. After much mental preparation, she jumped in and searched through the trash bags for their own. She found one that had an unusual amount of face cleansing toilets that Joong Gi and Hyo Joo used twice a day to keep their perfect milky, white skin. She climbed out of the dumpster and ripped open the trash bag, dumping out the contents to find the candy wrapper. After 20 minutes of careful sifting, she found one with a phone number written on it and kissed it with relief and then quickly started spitting and wiping her lips with her arm when she realized she had just kissed garbage.

Jae Kyung picked up the trash and threw it back in the dumpster before running back to the apartment.

"I found it!" she exclaimed as soon as she entered, holding the wrapper up. But instead of hearing yelling coming from the office door, she heard something slam against the office door. Jae Kyung's eyes widened, thinking that their argument had gotten physical for the first time. She ran to the door and was about to open it when it opened on its own. She looked up to see Joong Gi and Hyo Joo looking like a mess. Their clothes were ruffled out of place and Hyo Joo's lipstick was smeared around Joong Gi's lips.

"Oh. My. God." Jae Kyung said in disbelief. "You two made up already?"

"Yeah, it turns out that Hyo Joo had noticed the number on the candy wrapper and wrote it down on a memo before throwing it away," Joong Gi said as he redid the buttons on his shirt.

"Why didn't you say that in the first place?!" Jae Kyung yelled at Hyo Joo.

"I had to make a point about cleaning up," she said with a straight face as she crossed her arms. "But what's that smell?" Hyo Joo asked as she crinkled her nose. "Jae Kyung, you have something in your hair," she said as she pointed at Jae Kyung's head.

"Hey, that's my candy wrapper," Joong Gi said with a surprised look as he pointed at the paper in Jae Kyung's hand.

Jae Kyung blinked at the two with a blank expression.

"That's it. I'm moving in with Ji Hyo Unni," she said before turning to take a shower and start packing her stuff.


Author's Note

You guys are starting to find out why Jae Kyung wants to live on her own, right? If not, I hope the next two chapters will help, which I will post as soon as I'm done with them :)

8/2/12 2:54 AM00