The Proposal

Another Full House Story [INDEFINITE HIATUS]

"You're that jerk from the bar!" Jae Kyung exclaimed pointing her finger at him.

"You're that crazy chick that threw my drink at me!" Jun Hyun angrily yelled back as he stood up.

The whole hotel café became silent as people all stared at their sudden outburst. Jun Hyung and Jae Kyung realized that they were still in public and nervously looked around them to see people giving them strange looks.

Jun Hyung let go of her wrist and cleared his throat. "This place is too public, so let's talk somewhere else."

"Am I crazy? Why would I go anywhere with you? Besides, what could you possibly have to talk about with me?" she scoffed.

"Your marriage problem."

Jae Kyung blinked at him in surprise, "How do you know about that?"

"That's not important. But, I think I can help you," he said with a smirk.

Jae Kyung eyed him suspiciously, "Why would you help me and how?"

"First let's go somewhere more private. Then I'll talk."

Jae Kyung thought about it for a few seconds before giving in. "Fine."

Through Jun Hyung's status and connection, they were able to get a private conference room in the hotel they were at where they were served dinner.

"First thing's first," Jun Hyung started as he sat across from Jae Kyung. "Let's introduce ourselves.

"Song Jae Kyung," Jae Kyung curtly answered.

"And I'm Yong Jun Hyung," he replied with an air of importance. He waited for Jae Kyung's reaction at hearing his name, but Jae Kyung simply blinked at him with a bored expression. Jun Hyung's expression slightly faltered.

"You know, son of Yong Ho Jin, the CEO and owner of Star Plaza Mall, the biggest mall in South Korea?"

"Okay, so you're a rich jerk. Now start explaining how you can help me," Jae Kyung answered, getting irritated.

Jun Hyung's eye twitched at her lackluster response. "First you tell me why you're looking for a temporary husband."

"You're the one who dragged me here yet I'm the one that has to answer your questions?" Jae Kyung asked incredulously.

"I have to know your reasons before I can offer my services."

"Then I don't need your services," Jae Kyung spat back before standing up to leave.

"From what I gather," Jun Hyung began loudly. Jae Kyung paused with her hand on the door handle. "You haven't exactly had much success in whatever you're trying to do," Jun Hyung finished. Jae Kyung gripped the handle tightly but didn't turn it. "I may be your only hope," he said with a smirk. Jae Kyung thought about his words. He was right. Where else was she going to find someone to go along with her plan? And it wouldn't hurt to at least hear him out, right? She turned back around and stared at him. After a heavy sigh, she trudged back to her seat and sat down. "So, tell me," Jun Hyung started, crossing his arms, "why do you need a fake husband?"

With a deep breath, Jae Kyung started explaining her situation. "My parents are old-fashioned and won't let me move out on my own. The only way for me to get away from my family is through marriage." She looked down and continued. "But I haven't exactly found that one person I want to spend the rest of my life with," she muttered. "So," Jae Kyung looked back up at Jun Hyung, "I need someone who will play the role. Just for a year though while I try to figure out something more permanent."

"You're trying to get married just so you can leave home?" Jun Hyung asked with an incredulous tone.

"Yeah," Jae Kyung mumbled, looking away.

"Are your parents abusing you or something?" he asked half-jokingly and half-seriously.

"Yah, how can you say that about my parents?! They love me and cherish me to no end!" she angrily retaliated.

"Then why are you trying to leave?"

"Because…" Jae Kyung's anger quickly subsided at his question. "You don't have to know," was all she could muster. "Anyways," she started, looking up at him with a more serious face, "you know my deal. What's yours?"

"My reason is a bit more logical than yours," Jun Hyung started condescendingly. "In order to get back in my father's good graces, I have to get married and start working for him. However, I have no interest in tying myself down to some social ladder-climbing woman who's only in it for the name and money." His tone was as cold and icy as his eyes. "But," his eyes flickered and showed a hint of pain, "I have no choice if…" If I don't want to get disowned, he finished in his thoughts as he looked down. He forced himself to resume his cold face and look back at Jae Kyung. "Anyways, like you, I'm not fond of the idea of marriage right now. And every woman that my mother has set me up with so far has been the same cookie-cutter, trophy wife that will latch on to me until the end. So I need someone who will be willing to divorce after a year or so when things between me and my father have smoothed over. That's where you come in. We both have common goals, so you would be the perfect marriage partner…for a year that is."

"I've heard that divorce among wealthy business families is difficult. How can you be sure that your parents will let you divorce after a year?" Jae Kyung asked skeptically.

"It's all about image when it comes to big businesses. As long as we say we're separating on good terms, the damage to the company will be minimal. Besides, by that time I will have shown my father my worth at the company and he'll grant me the divorce. So what do you say?"

Jae Kyung took some time to think about it. His offer did seem promising, and though he wasn't the most likeable person, what were the chances of her ever finding anyone else to go along with her plan? Still, as rash as she was, she didn't want to make a decision without first getting a second opinion from Min Jae.

"I think I need some time to think it over," she answered.

"Fine. We'll trade numbers so you can tell me what your decision is. But you don't have much time. I'm on a bit of a tight schedule."


It was dark out by the time Jun Hyung and Jae Kyung left the hotel. Checking his phone, Jun Hyung saw that it was 11 PM. Crap, it's this late? I'm supposed to be home by 10. He turned to Jae Kyung.

"You can get home on your own right?" he said as more of a statement rather than a question. Before Jae Kyung could reply, Jun Hyung spoke again, "Good. Then I'll call you later," he said before turning to leave.

"This jerk. He has no manners whatsoever," Jae Kyung muttered to herself before going her own way.

Jun Hyung hadn't gone far when a camera flash caught his attention through the corner of his eye. Turning towards it, Jun Hyung recognized the camera's owner as a reporter just before he ducked behind a wall. , being caught coming out of a hotel with a woman is going to cause another scandal. And even if she does decide to go along with the marriage plan, it won't look good if we get married after the news reports. The public will think it's forced because we were caught. Remembering his grandmother's ring in his pocket, he took quick action as he turned around and ran towards Jae Kyung. Grabbing her wrist, he forced her to turn around.

"Yah! That’s the third time you've grabbed my arm! You need to stop doing that!" she exclaimed in anger.

Jun Hyung ignored her yelling and got down on one knee as he pulled out the jewelry box from his pocket.

"W-w-what are you doing?" Jae Kyung asked with wide eyes. She noticed people starting to gather around them at the sight and some people were even taking pictures and filming. "Yah, get up!" she hissed at him. "People are watching!"

"Song Jae Kyung," Jun Hyung started. "Since the first day I laid eyes on you, I knew you were the one," he said as he intently gazed into her eyes. The crowd around them awed at his words while Jae Kyung just stood there, dumbfounded. "I know we haven't known each other for long, but I don't see why I should wait to spend the rest of my life with you." The females in the surrounding crowd all squealed at Jun Hyung's confession. "I love you so much Song Jae Kyung. Will you marry me?" he asked as he opened the box to reveal his grandmother's ring. Jae Kyung's mouth was agape by now and she didn't know what was going on.

"Say yes!" a woman exclaimed.

"Aww, don't make him wait any longer and just accept!" another added.

"What are you waiting for?" Jun Hyung said between his teeth. "Say yes," he ordered her with a firm look.

Jae Kyung snapped out of her daze and after glancing around at the people who were pushing her to accept, she nervously looked back at Jun Hyung and awkwardly smiled. "Y-Yes," she forced herself to say. The crowd cheered as Jun Hyung got up and slipped the ring on her finger.

"Since you've accepted in front of all these people," he whispered so only she can hear, "there's no backing out now."

"That was a low trick to play," she muttered back.

Reporters started flocking around them as they recognized Jun Hyung as the son of Star Plaza Mall's CEO. He glanced over at Jae Kyung to see her nervously looking around as people yelled their congratulations to them and the overwhelming flashes from the cameras blinded her. He turned towards her and cupped her chin, turning her head to look at him. Slowly, he started leaning in.

"What are you doing?" she hissed at him.

"Sealing the deal," he answered with a smirk before closing the distance between them and kissing her on the lips. Jae Kyung's eyes widened and her body froze in shock, unable to push him away as cameras continued to flash around them.


Author's Note

So I kind of rushed on this chapter because I wanted to get the story moving along. I hope it all made sense, but if not, please feel free to ask questions. 

8/29/12 1:09 PM00