Graduation

Another Full House Story [INDEFINITE HIATUS]

It was Song Jae Kyung's college graduation, and just as she expected, her family was sitting on the bleachers nearby, huge signs in hand wishing her congratulations. She ducked her face behind her hand at their embarrassing shouts and cheers.

"I see the whole family made it," her friend Su Ji who sat next to her teased.

"They're so embarrassing," Jae Kyung muttered.

"Why? I think it's cute that they all came and made signs and everything," Su Ji said with a laugh.

Jae Kyung sighed and faced forward, hoping that the ceremony would start soon and end even quicker.

In another part of the stadium seating, Son Dong Woon was sitting, eagerly waiting for the ceremony to start. He looked over to the bleachers to see his friends and parents waving to him. He stood up and waved back, shaking his whole body back and forth in motion with his hand. People around him snickered at how ridiculous he looked and Dong Woon sat back down, slightly embarrassed, but glad that everyone important to him was present on this special day.

The ceremony started with various speakers congratulating the graduating class and giving speeches about the new life they would be starting. It was eventually time for the student speaker to give his speech. Everyone cheered as he spoke, hyped up about finally finishing their college career.

"So graduating Class of 20__, say goodbye to tests, papers, and homework, because we are finally done with college!" the student speaker ended, evoking cheers and laughter from the students.

Finally,  it was time to turn the tassel and everyone stood and followed along with the chancellor of the school in turning it.

"Congratulations Class of 20__! You are officially graduated!" the chancellor yelled. The students shouted and cheered throwing their hats into the air as symbol of their accomplishments. Jae Kyung hugged her friends standing next to her, smiling and laughing along with them.

Families and friends started swarming into the stadium center to meet with the new college graduates. Jae Kyung's own family took her by surprise as they snuck up behind her.

"Mom! Dad!" she exclaimed as she hugged them.

"Hey, what about us?" Seung Hun asked holding his arms open to her. Her other siblings and in-laws were all grinning widely behind him.

Jae Kyung smiled brightly and hugged Seung Hun before hugging the rest of her family members.

"Noona! You're all grown up now!" Soo Han, her nephew, complimented with a big smile. Everyone laughed at his cuteness.

"Jae Kyung may have graduated college, but she's unemployed and will be living with her parents still. She's far from being grown up," Joong Gi teased.

"Don't be mean to her when it's her special day," Hyo Joo reprimanded her husband, lightly swatting his arm before turning to Jae Kyung with a smile. "Congratulations, Jae Kyung!"

"Looks like the black sheep is finally joining the ranks," Ji Hyo teased.

"Unni! Stop calling me "black sheep"!" Jae Kyung pouted.

"Yeah, Jae Kyung's not a black sheep anymore. She's not a complete black hole. I think she's more of a very, very dark gray one," Joong Gi remarked, his chin as if he was seriously assessing Jae Kyung.

"Oppa!" Jae Kyung huffed in annoyance.

"What? I'm just saying, I didn't think you would actually graduate, what with your indecisiveness in actually choosing a major. But of course you would finally settle for the easiest one, Communications," he laughed.

"Stop teasing her Joong Gi. Jae Kyung is very bright and has the potential to do whatever she wants," Seung Hun argued as he affectionately Jae Kyung's hair.

"You're the only one on my side, Oppa," Jae Kyung said with a grateful expression.

"Hey, what about me? You know I would do anything for my favorite sister-in-law," Soo Young said with a big smile.

"I'm your only sister-in-law," Jae Kyung said, unamused by his attempt to cheer her up. Soo Young laughed at her expression.

"Jae Kyung, have you thought about what you're going to do after graduation?" Tae Hee asked her.

"Actually, I haven't," Jae Kyung answered, looking at her feet with a guilty expression.

"Well if you want, you could intern at the publishing company I work for," she offered.

"Thanks Hyeongsu, I'll think about it," Jae Kyung answered appreciatively.

[Hyeongsu: How to address an elder brother's wife. This is what Jae Kyung calls Tae Hee.]

"Hyeongsu, I would think twice before hiring Jae Kyung," Joong Gi seriously warned her.

"Yah! What's that supposed to mean?" Jae Kyung furiously asked.

"It means that if we don't want to see a whole publishing company fail, they better not hire you," Joong Gi answered.

"Aish, let me at him!" Jae Kyung exclaimed as she chased Joong Gi around, who started laughing as he ran.

Seung Hun caught hold of Jae Kyung and held her back while Joong Gi stuck his tongue out at her.

"Let me go Oppa!" Jae Kyung struggled to get free from Seung Hun's grasp on her.

"How about we take some pictures!" Mr. Song suggested, taking out his camera and trying to get his family to calm down.

The Song family took various group pictures, making various funny poses.

Nearby, Dong Woon was also meeting up with his five friends and parents.

"Congratulations Dong Woon-ah!" his parents said as they hugged him.

"Thanks Mom! Dad!" he cheerfully answered.

"Are you going to hang out with your friends?" his mom asked him.

"Yeah. They're going to celebrate with me," he replied.

"Well don't stay out too late," his dad said as he pat his shoulder.

"I won't. I'll see you at home!" Dong Woon said before running off to meet his friends: Doo Joon, Hyun Seung, Jun Hyung, Yo Seob, and Ki Kwang.

"Dong Woon! Congratulations!" his friends praised as they gave him a big group hug.

"Thanks guys for coming!"

"So how do you want to celebrate?" Gi Kwang asked him.

"What do you mean how? We're going to party!" Yo Seob answered as he started dancing by himself.

"Sounds good to me!" Dong Woon said excitedly.

As the six friends started exiting the stadium they heard a big commotion from a family nearby.

"Jae Kyung, we've made a dinner reservation at your favorite restaurant. I hope you're hungry," her mother said after they finished taking pictures.

"Mom, you read my mind…or rather my stomach. I'm starving!"

"Okay, let's go then," Seung Hun said as he and Soo Young picked Jae Kyung up and carried her on their shoulders.

"Yah! Put me down!" Jae Kyung pleaded in embarrassment.

"Jae Kyung! Jae Kyung! Jae Kyung!" her family yelled excitedly while carrying her out the stadium.

Aish this is so embarrassing, Jae Kyung thought to herself, trying to avoid the funny stares that people around her were giving.

Dong Woon and his friends didn't see the face of the girl being carried but they watched in amusement at the sight.

"Do you want us to do that for you?" Hyun Seung teasingly offered as he elbowed Dong Woon.

Dong Woon frantically waved his hands back and forth in response. "No thanks. I'm good."

"That's one happy family," Doo Joon mused.

Jun Hyung crossed his arms and scoffed at the sight. However, he couldn't help but feel a little envious of the girl who seemed very close with her family.


Author's Note

Thank you for taking the time to read! And if you like it enough to subscribe, I humbly bow down to you :)

I hope I didn't bore you with this first chapter. This and the next few will be setting up the story/characters. If you have any questions so far, please feel free to ask them and I will be sure to address them in the author's note of the next chapter.

And I'd like to apologize for not giving Jun Hyung much of a presence in this chapter. But don't worry, he is a main character, so there are plenty of Jun Hyung scenes coming up in the future :)

Once again, thank you for reading! ^_^

8/1/12 10:28 PM00