Soo Han's Method

Another Full House Story [INDEFINITE HIATUS]

Jae Kyung eventually stopped her tears, and after a few more sniffles, Jun Hyung finally released her from his arms to look at her face. "Are you better now?" he asked.

Jae Kyung didn't answer and just glared at him. Jun Hyung got the hint that she wasn't pleased with him. He absentmindedly looked down at the rest of her body and noticed that the wet, white t-shirt she had been wearing stuck closely to her small frame, allowing the outline and color of her bikini top underneath to show through. He quickly looked away, feeling a bit embarrassed. If she had just worn a bikini on its own, he probably wouldn't have thought anything of it. But because she wore a top to cover up, he felt like a peeping tom, and Yong Jun Hyung was definitely not a peeping tom.

Clearing his throat, he abruptly stood up, keeping his gaze averted from Jae Kyung. "I'll get you a towel," he said before heading down to the lower deck.

He returned with two towels, one he hung around his shoulders and another he handed to Jae Kyung. She roughly snatched it from his hands without giving him a second glance and wrapped the towel around herself.

He took his own towel and started drying his hair. "What do you want to do now?"

"I want to go back to the hotel," she answered in a low voice, not looking at him. Jun Hyung didn't argue and did as she wished.


They arrived back at their suite where Jae Kyung immediately went to the bathroom to take a warm shower, slamming the door behind her. Jun Hyung flinched slightly at the loud sound and sighed to himself. He went to the second bathroom in the bedroom to take a quick shower himself before ordering room service. He had a feeling Jae Kyung was in no mood to go out to eat.

Jae Kyung finished showering and came out in a bathrobe. She didn't really have any clothes to change into, or at least not ones she was comfortable wearing, so her only choice was the robe. But she wasn't really complaining since it covered everything and it was soft and warm.

The food had already arrived and Jun Hyung was just setting it on the coffee table in front of the TV when he noticed Jae Kyung coming out of the bathroom. "Are you hungry? I ordered food. I'm not sure what you like so I got a variety of things," he quickly explained, motioning towards all the dishes on the table.

Jae Kyung crossed her arms in front of her. "I'm not hungry. I'm still pretty full from all the water I drank earlier," she said sarcastically. Jun Hyung nervously looked away, his guilt that was just starting tor recede returning in full force. "I want to sleep," she stated, before walking towards the couch.

"Oh, okay. Sure. About that, I was thinking that you could take the bed and I'll take the couch," he offered, still trying to appeal to her better nature.

Jae Kyung stared at him for a few seconds. Then, without a word, she walked into the bedroom and shut the door loudly behind her. Jun Hyung noticed that she hadn't slammed it as loudly as when she had slammed the bathroom door. Was this indication that she was starting to forgive him?


Jun Hyung slept on the couch and all through the night tossed and turned at how uncomfortable it felt.

"Yah, move your legs."

He felt something hit his leg and he slowly opened his eyes to find Jae Kyung frowning at him. She was kicking his leg to push him to one side. Jun Hyung groaned and sat up, rubbing his face with the palm of his hands to rid him of his sleep. His back was aching and his neck was sore. Jae Kyung sat down at one edge of the couch, still in her bathrobe, and the TV. Jun Hyung stared at her side profile, trying to assess her mood.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," she mockingly said, repeating his words from the day before.

"You're still mad?" he asked her.

Jae Kyung turned to look at him with narrowed eyes. "Still?" she repeated incredulously. "You think just because you let me sleep on the bed that you would be forgiven for nearly drowning me?"

"Hey, I saved you didn't I?" he argued.

Jae Kyung scoffed loudly at his rebuttal. "Why did you push me into the water in the first place then?!"

Jun Hyung opened his mouth to answer but after some thought, he closed it. Maybe it was a bit drastic to push her off the boat just to teach her a lesson. "I said I'm sorry," he lamely said.

Jae Kyung didn't answer him and resumed watching TV. There was a knock on the suite door and seeing how Jae Kyung wasn't going to move out of her seat, Jun Hyung walked over to answer it. It was a hotel employee.

"Room service," he  said with a smile before pushing past Jun Hyung with a cart and placing the tray on the coffee table, in front of Jae Kyung. He left as soon as he was done.

Jae Kyung lifted the cover off the dish to reveal her grand American breakfast and with a smile dug in, eating and watching TV.

"You didn't order for me?" Jun Hyung asked with a frown as he sat down next to her and watched her eat.

"Why? If you can push me off a boat, you can order your own food," she answered, keeping her eyes on the TV.

Jun Hyung exhaled in annoyance. When was she going to forgive him? He thought about Joong Gi's words just before they left for the airport. If you do something to upset her, she’ll retaliate. What could Jae Kyung possibly do to him? Would she put laxatives in his food? No, that was too weak. Maybe she would put bugs on him when he slept. No, that was nothing compared to what he did. She wouldn't try to suffocate him with a pillow in his sleep…would she? He gulped at the thought and stared at Jae Kyung, who looked innocent enough as she watched TV and ate, even laughing a few times. But what if underneath that innocent façade, she was actually calculating her revenge on him? He shuddered and decided to try to smooth things over before she could do anything to him.

Jun Hyung headed to the bedroom, where his luggage had been kicked to a corner, and changed out of his sweats and t-shirt he had slept in. Normally he only slept in just his boxers, but when he didn't have a blanket to cover him last night, he kept his clothes on to keep warm. He returned to the living room to see that Jae Kyung had taken over the couch and was now lying down as she watched TV.

"I'm going out for a bit. I'll be back," he informed her. She didn't answer or look at him and with a sigh, Jun Hyung left.

He returned back to the suite an hour later after eating and doing some shopping, to find Jae Kyung still watching TV. "Here," he said to her as he handed her a shopping bag.

"What is it?" she asked, suspiciously eyeing the bag.

"Clothes. Ones that you'll actually wear," he explained. Jae Kyung took the bag and looked inside to find t-shirts that were her size and some shorts that were of decent length. "We're on Jeju Island, you shouldn't spend your day inside. Go and change and we can head down to the beach."

Jae Kyung would have been lying if she said she didn't want to go out, and now she even had clothes to wear. She eyed Jun Hyung warily. There was no way he would be playing a joke on her, would he? She couldn't detect any dishonesty in his expression, and after some deliberation, she decided to follow along with his wishes because she really wanted to be out in the sun rather than cooped up inside.

At the beach, Jae Kyung skipped ahead like a happy child with Jun Hyung following close behind, keeping a cool stance as he walked with his hands in his pockets. She stopped in front of a small child making sand castles by himself. She kneeled down next to him and watched eagerly as he packed sand in a bucket.

"Can I help?" she eagerly asked.

The boy looked up and after a few seconds of contemplation nodded with a big smile. Jae Kyung grabbed another pail and started packing sand into it before adding on to the boy's growing fortress.

"Just how old does she think she is?" Jun Hyung mumbled to himself, shaking his head at the sight of a 21-year old building a sand castle.

But he had to admit, he was glad to see her enjoying herself. Just yesterday, he saw her lying lifeless in his arms as he dragged her out of the water and for a few minutes, he really thought she was gone. It was probably the most terrifying sight he had witnessed in his life. And to see her laughing and smiling right now in front of him, as if she didn't just have a near-death experience the day before, he felt thankful and relieved.

Jun Hyung crouched down in front of them and watched them build their castle. "What's your name?" he asked the boy.

"Ma Roo," the little boy answered.

"Nice to meet you Ma Roo. I'm Jun Hyung." He held out his hand to Ma Roo, which he took, and shook hands with him.

"And I'm Jae Kyung," she introduced with a grin. "Your name is so cute."

"Thank you, Noona," he shyly answered.

Jae Kyung and Ma Roo continued to build their castle, conversing with each other on what they thought they should add to make it better. Jun Hyung sat down in the sand at a small distance, keeping his eye on the two like a watchful parent because honestly, with the way Jae Kyung was behaving, it was like she was a 6-year old, too.

"Noona, I think we need something to defend our castle."

"Hmm, you're right. With such a beautiful and grand castle as this, there's sure to be intruders wanting to take over. How about we get a dragon to protect our castle?" she suggested.

Ma Roo eagerly nodded in agreement. "But where are we going to get a dragon?"

Jae Kyung looked around before her eyes landed on Jun Hyung and she mischievously smiled. "Right there," she said, pointing toward him.

Jun Hyung blinked in surprise at her pointing finger. "Me?" Jae Kyung nodded.

"Hyung, will you help protect our castle?" Ma Roo asked with big, pleading eyes.

Jun Hyung groaned to himself. He got up and walked over to them. "What do you want me to do?" he reluctantly asked.

"Well, a dragon has to be locked up until he's needed," Jae Kyung explained. "So you need to lie down in front of the castle and we'll bury you in the sand."

"What? No way am I doing that!" Jun Hyung refuted.

Jae Kyung crossed her arms and gave him a deathly glare. "So you can push me off a boat but you can't--"

"Okay, okay!" Jun Hyung quickly agreed. Jae Kyung grinned in satisfaction.

He lay down in front of the sand castle while Ma Roo and Jae Kyung went to work burying his body, leaving only his head sticking out. How embarrassing, he thought. But if this would get Jae Kyung to forgive him, then he would have to get over it.

"Should we test it out?" Jae Kyung asked Ma Roo.

Ma Roo nodded. "Noona, you can be the princess locked up in the castle and I'll come and save you," he suggested.

"Okay," Jae Kyung eagerly accepted. She stood in the center of their fortress and pretended to be in distress. "Help! Someone save me!"

"I'll save you!" Ma Roo shouted from afar.

"My prince!" Jae Kyung exclaimed.

Ma Roo started running towards the castle, but just before he could reach Jae Kyung, Jun Hyung imitated a roar and sat up, the sand on his upper body falling off.

"My prince, please don't get hurt!" Jae Kyung shouted to Ma Roo.

"Don't worry princess, I will save you!" Ma Roo shouted back, picking up an umbrella that lay nearby and holding it like a sword.

Jun Hyung stood up and began attacking Ma Roo, who jabbed him with the tip of the umbrella. Jun Hyung pretended to be hurt as he hunched over, cradling the spot where Ma Roo attacked him.

"Oh no! I've been defeated!" he exclaimed, falling down to the ground and playing dead.

Jae Kyung jumped up and down excitedly. "You did it! You saved me!" She ran over to Ma Roo and picked him up in her arms. "Here's a kiss for my prince," she said before giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Ma Roo! Ma Roo-ya!" a woman in the distance called.

"Mom! Dad!" Ma Roo shouted back to the man and woman waving at him.

Jae Kyung put Ma Roo down, allowing him to run towards his parents. His father picked him up in a big hug.

"Did you have fun?" his father asked.

He frantically nodded and pointed towards Jae Kyung and Jun Hyung. "Noona and Hyung played with me."

Ma Roo's parents walked towards them and cordially smiled. "Thank you for keeping our son company," his mother said.

"It was our pleasure. We had just as much fun playing with him," Jae Kyung answered.

"Are you two together?" the father asked.

Jae Kyung nervously looked away. "Yes, we are. We're here on our honeymoon," Jun Hyung answered.

"Congratulations on your marriage!" Ma Roo's mother exclaimed. "Are you two planning on having kids of your own some time?"

"Uh, well, maybe," Jun Hyung awkwardly answered.

"Well I think you two would make great parents," Ma Roo's father said. "We've never seen our Ma Roo this excited before."

"Thank you for that compliment," Jun Hyung politely answered. Jae Kyung remained quiet as she continued to stare at the ground, kicking the sand with her foot. She felt awkward talking about having kids, especially kids with Jun Hyung.

"Well we should probably get going. Ma Roo has had a tiring day," the mother remarked, brushing her son's hair out of his eyes. He was now sleeping, with his head resting on his father's shoulder. "It was nice meeting you two, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your honeymoon," she bade them before the family left. Jun Hyung and Jae Kyung both bowed their heads back in respect. They both exhaled a tired a sigh as they watched the family leave.

"There's nothing to do anymore," Jae Kyung pouted.

"Well, I could teach you to swim. I mean, it's something you should now how to do," Jun Hyung offered.

"Why? Are you planning on pushing me off a boat again?" she sarcastically asked.

"When are you going to forgive me?! I even let you cover me in sand!" he heaved in exasperation.

"You think being buried in sand is the same thing as almost drowning?!"

Jun Hyung was thoroughly annoyed with her by now. What was it going to take for her to forgive him? So much for not holding grudges like Joong Gi had told him. Although, to be fair, it had only been a day. But if Joong Gi was right, then her resentment would only go away once she had her revenge, and Jun Hyung did not want to find out what Jae Kyung had in mind.

Desperately trying to figure out what he could do, only one idea came to mind. But the thought of it made him cringe inwardly. However, if he didn't want to face the wrath of Song Jae Kyung, whatever that may be, then he had no other choice.

Swallowing his pride, he turned to Jae Kyung and cleared his throat before slowly bringing his fists to his cheeks. "Please Jae Kyung, forgive me?" he asked in as cute a voice as he could muster. "Buing Buing?"

Jae Kyung stared at him blankly for a while before her lips started twitching, and soon, she couldn't hold it in any longer as she broke out into a loud laughter. She hated acting cute herself, and only used it when she had to with her eldest brother, Seung Hun, when she wanted something from him. But it was a weakness of hers when Soo Han used it on her, and seeing Jun Hyung try to imitate Soo Han's method, Jae Kyung could not stop laughing. She hugged her stomach that was aching and even started tearing up from the pain. After a few minutes, she took a deep breath to calm down and composed herself.

"First you tried killing me by drowning me, now you're trying to kill me with laughter?" she asked with a serious expression.

Jun Hyung furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Soo Han said this would work, and after putting on such an embarrassing act, he was counting on his words. However, Jae Kyung's seriousness was faltering and she broke out in a second round of stomach-aching laughter. She finally stopped again, wiping away the tears in her eyes.

She cleared . "Fine, I'll forgive you this once."

"Really?" Jun Hyung asked suspiciously.

She nodded. "But if you ever do something like that again, I don't care how hard you can make me laugh, I will make your life a living hell," she said with a piercing look.

Jun Hyung swallowed hard at what she could mean by that. He made a mental note to never upset Jae Kyung like this ever again.


"Why can't you get it?!" Jun Hyung angrily shouted. This was Jae Kyung’s umpteenth failed attempt at staying afloat and Jun Hyung was losing his patience.

“Why are you yelling?! “ Jae Kyung cried.

“Because you’re not doing it right!” he shouted back.

“Yeah, well you’re not teaching it right!” she stubbornly retorted.

“Aish! Forget it! I give up! Don’t learn to swim!” he huffed before getting out of the water and heading back towards the hotel.

“Jerk,” Jae Kyung muttered to herself. She attempted to learn to float by herself, but was too scared to let her body relax without someone there to save her in case she drowned. Splashing the water in frustration, she ran out and followed after Jun Hyung.

“Yah! Yong Jun Hyung!” Jae Kyung called after him.

Jun Hyung turned around, and as he did, Jae Kyung threw the water she was carrying in her hands at his face. “I call the bed,” she said before running off in front of him. She turned around. “Mehrong!” she shouted with her tongue out at him before turning back and running towards the hotel.

“Aish,” Jun Hyung muttered to himself, wiping the water off his face.

He wanted to retaliate, but thought better of the idea. At least for now, he had smoothed things over with her and he could sleep in peace, or at least as peacefully as he could on the couch. Actually, the more he thought about it, the more he realized how much he had compromised himself for her already. He would have to regain the upper hand again if he didn't want this streak of embarrassing situations to continue. But for now, he was just grateful that he had gained her forgiveness. After all, if they were going to get through this contract in one peace, they had to maintain a somewhat cordial relationship. Unfortunately, cordial had a very loose meaning between them.


Author’s Note

At the end of the day, the two are back to their normal bickering selves :) But hopefully as they live together, their relationship will develop ^_~

11/24/12 7:33 PM00