Ultimatum

Another Full House Story [INDEFINITE HIATUS]

", why is he back early?" Jun Hyung muttered to himself as he gripped the steering wheel tighter.

Jun Hyung was getting nervous to the point that he started speeding. As he waited at a red light, he became impatient and decided to slip through. He slammed the gas to try to speed through the intersection. Just as he had entered the center, there was a loud honk from a taxi cab that was coming through. In a panic, Jun Hyung hit the breaks, but there wasn't enough room as he collided into the side of the cab. His head hit the steering wheel and he out.

Jun Hyung groaned as a massive headache woke him up. He blinked his eyes open and realized he was in an unfamiliar room. With some difficulty, he sat up and realized that he was hooked up to an IV. He was in a hospital room.

"Jun Hyung-ah, you're awake!" his mother who was sitting next to him cried.

"Mom, what happened?" he asked as he massaged his temple.

"You don't remember?" she asked worriedly. "You got into an accident."

Jun Hyung pondered what she said and his memory started coming back. He was on his way home and he remembered trying to speed through a red light. Then there was a car honk and everything went black.

"I'm so glad you're okay. You're so lucky you weren't severely injured," his mom said as he hugged him.

"Where's dad?" he quietly asked.

Mrs. Yong pulled back and looked at him with an anxious look. "Your father is at work. He and your brother are trying to deal with all the news reports from the accident."

Jun Hyung hid his face in his hands as he groaned.

"For right now, don't think about anything and just get better," she consoled her son.

Slap!

Mr. Yong hit Jun Hyung hard across his face as he kneeled in front of him. A red mark was clearly visible on his cheek and though it stung, Jun Hyung held back any emotions as he continued to look down at the floor.

"Yeobo!" Mrs. Yong yelled as she held back her husband from hitting Jun Hyung any more. "He just got back from the hospital, how could you hit him?!"

[Yeobo: Honey/Darling. A way to address husband/wife and I think in some cases girlfriend/boyfriend too.]

Mr. Yong pulled away from his wife and picked up a newspaper. "What the hell were you thinking?!" he angrily yelled as he threw the newspaper at him. It landed on the ground in front of him.

The headline read "The Future of Star Plaza Mall?" with a picture of the accident scene on the left and Jun Hyung's picture on the right.

"Speeding through a red light?" he continued. "Hitting a taxi cab? You're lucky the cab was empty or you could have killed someone and been charged for manslaughter!"

"Yeobo, stop yelling," Mrs. Yong frantically tried to calm her husband down. However Mr. Yong ignored her and continued on his tirade.

"The police report came in. Your blood alcohol content was 0.049%. You just missed the limit for it to be considered driving under the influence of alcohol [0.05%]. Do you have any idea what a field day the press would have had if you were charged for a DUI?!" Mr. Yong huffed in anger. "You never fail to disappoint," he said icily.

Mrs. Yong stared wide-eyed at her husband, shocked at his malicious words to their son.

Jun Hyung who had kept a straight face the whole time slightly flinched. He could feel his eyes water, but he closed his eyes and made sure not to cry in front of his father.

"It's not enough that you continue to have scandals with women, so you add this on top and continue to give the family and the company a bad name. Just what have you been doing since you graduated? Huh?!" Mr. Yong demanded from his son.

Jun Hyung didn't answer.

"Just as I thought, nothing." Mr. Yong sighed. "Why can't you be more like Jun Hyuk? He's known what he's wanted to do since he was in middle school. But you…you still continue to waste your time."

"I think he's been through enough, Yeobo. I'm sure he's reflecting on his actions," Mrs. Yong said, her heart aching at the degrading words that her son had to hear.

"No. It's because you keep coddling him and defending him that he continues to be a problem. This is the last straw Jun Hyung. I gave you the year off like you asked for and you didn't prove anything to me. I'm giving you an ultimatum."

Jun Hyung wearily looked up to meet his father's cold eyes.

"You're going to get married and start coming to work at the company."

"But Father-" Jun Hyung began to protest but was cut off.

"If you don't like it, you're free to leave. I have no use for a failure in this family. You can continue your reckless lifestyle with your own money and time."

Jun Hyung's eyes widened in shock.

"Yeobo!" Mrs. Yong whispered fearfully.

"I mean it. If you don't prove me wrong with this last chance…I will disown you," he continued with a hard stare.

Mr. Yong his heel and left, leaving Jun Hyung staring into space, his mouth agape as he tried to process what his father just said. His mother gave a worried glance to Jun Hyung before following after her husband to try to convince him to rethink his decision.

Jun Hyung continued to stay in his kneeling position. A tear slowly fell down his cheek as his father's words echoed through his head.

You never fail to disappoint.

Why can't you be more like Jun Hyuk?

I will disown you.

The front door opened and Jun Hyuk, Jun Hyung's older brother came in, looking weary and fatigued. He noticed Jun Hyung kneeling in the living room, his head hanging low.

"You really are something," he said to Jun Hyung as he stood in front of him.

Jun Hyung lifted his head to look up at him and was met with the same cold eyes as his father.

"It's not enough that you waste your own life and time, but you have to waste mine too? I've spent the whole day trying to cover for you and minimize the damage to the company."

"I'm sorry to waste your precious time, Hyung," Jun Hyung answered a little sarcastically as he got up off his knees

Jun Hyuk scoffed at him. "You wouldn't have to apologize if you learned to grow up. You know, you're 23 years old yet you still act like a rebellious teenager."

"Someone has to be the rebellion," Jun Hyung answered with a smirk.

"That's where your problem is. When will you stop thinking only about yourself?" he said before leaving the living room.

"Maybe if you actually gave a about me I wouldn't be like this," he muttered to himself before leaving the living room and going up the stairs.

Just as he was about to reach his room, he was stopped by his in-law, Lee Da Hae, in the hallway.

"You know, I honestly don't care what you do with your life, but don't let it affect Jun Hyuk. He's barely able to be home enough without you adding on to his workload," she said coldly before going her own way.

Jun Hyung stared emotionlessly at her retreating back before going into his room. He undressed and went into the shower, standing under the hot water as his hands clenched into tight fists next to him in anger. He finally let out his bottled up emotions and punched the tile of the shower, bruising his hand as he left a crack on the wall.


Author's Note

Poor Jun Hyung T_T The only one who seems to care about him is his mother. Compared to Jae Kyung, he really has it tough, doesn't he? But why does he go around wasting his life like that in the first place? Hmm....

8/5/12 8:05 PM00