Chen

Histories (EDIT IN PROCESS)

Hello there, allow me to introduce myself.

 

The name's Jongdae, Kim Jongdae and I'm one of the slickest guys around. Ask anyone. Girls are unable to resist me and I'm unable to resist them too. I sound like a mug, don't I? I bet you're all assuming I just sleep around with girls and I'm a player. Well let me tell you this clearly: I am not one of those guys. 

Think about it, if I was a horrible guy playing around with girls, would they like me? Erm, no. Maybe the first or second would but come on, I'm not the best looking guy around... Kris-hyung is handsome. Su Ho-hyung is handsome. Kai is the 'hot oppa who everyone loves'. Girls think Luhan is adorable and Baekhyun has quite a few female fans in our school too. I, on the other hand, do not match up to their superior looks. Quite frankly, I don't fit the flower boy bill. I am more of a... hipster gentleman. 

Don't laugh! That's what a girl called me before when I asked her why she liked me. She said she was attracted to my bone structure and when I argued that Kris has a good bone structure too, she shushed me and went on to explain in more detail. 

'Chen-oppa is modest and treats us girls well. You're a nice guy, Chen.' 

When I asked her what she meant by treating well, she said:

'It's just the small things that girls like... Like holding doors open for us or letting us go in front for the lunch queue' 

So now I know where my strong points lie. Truthfully, I've been on a date with almost every girl in our year. That's a date, by the way, not a relationship. I've only been in a relationship with 1 girl before and that was with someone from my previous school- Seohee. She had to move to America which is why we called it quits.

As for the girls I've gone on dates with, they were all potential girlfriends. I've found something attractive in every girl I've taken out. I wouldn't waste my money on taking out a girl who wasn't worth it. Hence why I haven't been out with Yun Hee or Eun Mi. Nana on the other hand was a nice girl until she met the other two. She changed after that. 

Simply put, girls are my life. Do I sound like a pimp? Well that's not what I meant. I meant that my life sort of revolves around girls. If a girl is coming through a door, I'll open it for her. If a girl near me drops something, I'll pick it up for her- smooth hipster gentleman style. 

And because my life revolves around girls, I ended up here- living under the watchful eye of my protector Mr Park. 'Protector?' you say? Yes. Protector. Truth is, Park Sunsengnim protected me from a girl and her boyfriend one night. Don't laugh at me! It was a scary situation, okay? So no laughing. 

I bet you're laughing. Aish... 

Anyhow, I was out one night coming home from school. This school was my previous school by the way, not this one. Shin Ae and I had been over for quite a while, alright? It had almost been 2 years since she'd moved away so don't assume I was cheating or something. I'd never do that to a girl. 

When I was coming home, I saw a girl from my year. She had always caught my eye and well, she wasn't in any of my classes so I had never had the chance to talk to her before. So I took it. Took my chances. I just wanted to talk to her, that's all. She was standing outside a cafe looking hopeful.

'Hey, you're Ga Yun right?'

That was a good icebreaker, right? Since I knew her name. It didn't go to plan though. She turned around and stared at me.

'Who are you?'

Alright missy, that was slightly rude.

'My name is Kim Jongdae...'

'What do you want?'

I refused to let myself get flustered.

'W-well you look like you want to go in so I was wondering if you'd let me treat you. Only if you want though, of course'

I added the 'of course' to reassure her that I wasn't a jerk. Besides, she should have known I attended her school as we were wearing the same uniform. What she said next confused me though.

'You're from that other school, aren't you? My rival school'

I frowned. Rival school? What is she on about? Then I realised what she meant. My previous school had always had a thing with a relatively new school. It had been established by none other than Park Sunsengnim. Our uniforms were really similar and with my blazer in my bag, it looked like I was a student at the rival school.

'No no, I go to your school. Look!'

I tried to take out my blazer to show her our school crest but she started yelling about, screaming like a mad woman. 

'Woah, calm down. I only wanted to show you our school crest, jeez. There's no reason to start yelling about'

My respect went plummeting down to zero for her. A guy came running out of the cafe and shoved me so I fell back. Rubbing my head, I looked up to see a tall guy who I recognised as one of the boys on the school football team.

'Jagiya, are you okay? Was he doing anything?'

I sat there on the cold pavement gawking at them as she nodded. Me?! Doing stuff to her?! Excuse me. Nuh uh. No way. She can't be serious? I saw her boyfriend's threatening eyes as he threw a punch at me and hauled me up so I was standing again.

One punch. Two punches. Three punches. 

One kick almost in the nuts. I managed to dodge that attack. I need those.

And then someone standing in front of me.

A saviour.

A man.

An adult.

'What are you kids doing?! Go! Leave him alone!'

I out only to wake up later in a stranger's house. It was Mr Park's. 

'So you're awake. I thought you were one of my students...'

'You saved me. Thank you ahjussi!'

'Ah... You're welcome... Jongdae-ssi'

I remember staring at him in amazement. It turns out he had seen my name card on my blazer when he checked the crest for himself. Before I left, I made sure to thank him once again and I was cheeky enough to ask another favour.

'Ahjussi... You said you didn't realise I wasn't one of your students, right?'

Mr Park nodded and I took a deep breath in. I wasn't used to being so direct to adults but as the saying goes- 'you never know unless you try'.

'I was wondering if you would take me as a new student...'

There was a long pause. I wasn't sure if I should have asked that... but I'm glad I did. 

'Kim Jongdae, meet me here tomorrow morning at 7am. Bring all your belongings and I will show you around the school and your new dormitory. If it's to your satisfaction, you may stay'

I said thank you over and over again. With Ga Yun and her boyfriend seethingly hating on me for supposedly hitting on her, it would soon get around the school that I was a player or a sleaze. No guy wants that, right? 

And so I came. I came back the next morning at 7am with my bags packed and my glasses on. I wanted Mr Park to see the real me. The real Jongdae. The hipster gentleman Chen. I see you laughing. Don't laugh. I met Kris who I was told would look after me as well as everyone else and I moved in that night.