Lay (Part 4)

Histories (EDIT IN PROCESS)

Everyday was the same. Lay would wake up in his school dormitory where he had a private room to himself. He would eat his breakfast in his room to himself. He couldn't trust the other students enough to leave his food in the communal fridge so he had spent some of his earnings as a entertainer in China on a small room fridge where he could keep his bread and milk. 

At one point, Lay thought he had found a friend in a girl, also from China. She had long black hair which framed her face well and her lips were a natural rosebud pink color. She was beautiful and she spoke to Lay as much as was deemed 'allowed'. Lay grew to like her more and more and he felt as though, as slow as it was, that he was finally building a friendship with someone other than Kris and Luhan. 

He still hadn't told them about his situation at school, not wanting them to worry unecessarily but he knew deep down that Luhan and Kris were not blind. Everytime they saw him, they commented on another injury and it began to become extremely obvious to them that something was up. 

 

***

 

'You were talking to her?! What makes you think you can talk to her?!'

Lay sat on the floor clutching his jaw which ached from the knuckle sandwich he had been served. He found courage within himself to answer back.

'Is it really that bad if I talk to her? What does it mean to you? You her boyfriend or something?'

'Not her boyfriend but I am her 'something'.'

Lay turned to look at the girl and he stared at her in horror. 

'L-Lay, I'm not what you think I am... It's just a thing-'

'Don't you have any respect for yourself?!' said Lay turning to her, 'Don't you feel sorry for his actual girlfriend?!'

The guy smirked.

'See in my world, I get the girl. Wait no, I get the girls. You, Lay, have nothing. Nothing at all. No friends, nothing. You're a loser. What am I? I'm-'

'You're a ert, that's what you are' Lay replied cooly, standing on his feet. 

'You what?!' 

In a swift movement, Lay was kneeling on the floor, palms down and he had a foot on his back. 

'Let me teach you a lesson, chinese style'

'Ch-Chinese style?' said Lay. 

Now he was scared and his voice wavered slightly. Everyone began to crowd around and point and stare. The guy began to unbuckle his belt and Lay stiffened beneath him.

'Oppa?... What are you going to do to him?' asked the girl quietly.

'Chinese style punishment' was his only reply.

Lay heard him take the belt out from his trousers. 

'Y-Yah... Are you going to me?' he asked nervously. 'I mean, it's a bit embarassing for you if you try anything right here in the open-'

Lay stopped talking when he felt a whip across his back.

'Isn't this what the Chinese people used to do in Ancient China?'

Lay's legs shook like he had been shocked with electricity as he felt another slap across his back. Lay clenched his fists only to have his fingers move in spasms as he was hit across the back once more. With each whip, Lay could feel his courage deteriorating until he was crying and his fingers could barely move. 

In front of the whole school and the girl he had liked, he had been humiliated. 

'Oppa, stop! You're hurting him! Stop it before a teacher comes and you get in trouble!'

The girl rushed forwards and pulled the guy off of Lay. The crowds dispersed and Lay was left lying on the floor in a puddle of his own salty tears. No one bothered to help him. He eventually passed out but not before he could send a text to Kris.

help

 

***

 

When Lay woke up, he was in hospital and the weekend had already passed.

Oh crap, I'm supposed to meet Kris and Luhan every Saturday... 

He frantically searched around for his phone to text them an apology for missing their meet up but his search was in vain. The doctors had all his belongings. Realising this, Lay fell back asleep. 

 

*Flashback*

'Why isn't he here?'

'Give him a call'

'I already did. I also texted him'

'Perhaps he's on the subway?'

'And why would he be on the subway? He only needs one direct bus here like us. That's why we chose to meet here'

Kris and Luhan were growing frantic. It wasn't like Lay to be late or miss a meet up. He regularly told the two of his friends that those Saturdays were the things he looked forward to most during the week. Naturally, Kris and Luhan had assumed it was because he wanted to escape his school but they'd never tell him that, of course. 

'Aish, where could that pabo be?'

'You don't think... He got in some sort of trouble?' said Luhan, thinking out loud.

'Trouble? Like what?' Kris was concerned.

'Like with those guys at his school. I know he always goes on about not being bullied or whatever but the evidence is there. You saw it yourself.'

Kris whipped out his phone and read back to the message Lay had sent him.

Help?... Maybe he really was injured...

'Kris, you okay?' said Luhan who had noticed Kris' expression had changed.

'Luhan, I think you might be right. He texted me 'help' before but I didn't understand what it meant'

'So if he needed help, he must have been injured'

'And if he's not picking up his phone-'

'Hospital! It's got to be the hospital!'

'Come on, let's go! What are we waiting for?!'

*End of Flashback*

 

Lay was woken up by fierce banging on his door and the sounds of 2 boys yelling at some nurses.

'What do you mean 'no visitors'? We're his brothers!' Kris yelled

'I'm sorry sir but it's to protect him. We can't let strangers see him after what's happened to him'

'Wh-What happened?...' said Luhan quietly.

The nurse shook her head.

'I can't tell you. It's confidential information'

Kris became angry and refused to move away from Lay's door.

'Now look here, Miss. Lay is my brother, okay? We're family. I can even prove it to you. I know his real name! The one that is oh so strictly confidential? Yeah, I know it. It's Zhang Yi-'

The door burst open with a bang as Lay had managed to haul himself out of his bed and hobble over to the door, the marks on his back giving him excruciating pain. 

'H-Hyungs... Y-You're here...'

Lay collapsed one last time into Luhan's arms. The walk over to the door had taken too much out of him and he felt thin and frail which frightened Luhan who was holding onto him. The nurse ran to raise the alarm and Kris ushered them all inside. 

 

 


So Lay's story is in 5 parts... Wow. 

I have some very good news: the sequel to 'That Girl, That Boy' is going to be up soon! It's the week I promised it would be up so stay tuned for that! 

Btw, I'm still looking for posters for my sequel which will be called 'That Girl, Which Boy?' I wrote a blog post begging people to make posters and I'd be eternally grateful if you did. How about you make one for my birthday present? ^^ My birthday is coming up reeeal soon! <3