D.O

Histories (EDIT IN PROCESS)

'Our father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation and deliver us from evil-'

'Gracious lord, excuse me but if you may grant me just one more wish, I can die happy. Please look after my dearest grandson Kyungsoo and help guide him through life when he needs it most'

D.O smiled as he kept his eyes shut and his palms together. It was 9pm, time for the daily bedtime prayer with his grandma. It would be the last prayer he would say with her. The next day was the day she would pass away.

'Amen'

 

***

 

When he was 4 years old, D.O's mother had passed away leaving him in the care of his loving and doting, yet hardworking and busy father. Weekends were to be 'family time' but his father was often called away for last minute meetings and conferences. D.O understood his actions, knowing that without his dad's financial support and well paid job, he'd have trouble living such a good lifestyle. However financial support is never enough. A growing child needs emotional support and stability in their life if they want. This was offered to him in the form of his grandparents. 

'Kyungsoo-ah, come and help grandpa lift this'

'Coming!'

'Kyungsoo-ah, it's Sunday. What would you like to learn how to cook today?'

'Can you teach me how to make Spaghetti Bolognese today, granny?'

'Of course I can, Kyungsoo. It was one of your mom's favorite meals too. Come, wash your hands and let granny show you how to make the most perfect sauce anyone has ever tried'

'Ne!'

An excited D.O would then run off to grab 2 aprons- one for his grandmother and one for him aswell as a stool for himself so he could see the kitchen counter. As the years went on, the stool wasn't needed and eventually it was D.O teaching his grandmother new recipes every Sunday. His grandmother could only smile. 

That's my grandson.

 

***

 

Sunday is the holy day and on the holy day, D.O was told that he should honour his mother by cooking. A mother's job is to feed and care for her children and D.O's grandparents were adamant that he should be close to his mother in every way possible. Eventually, despite being reluctant, D.O's father handed sole custody of his son to his parents in law. 

'It's for the best. Daddy hasn't been around recently so you should live with granny and grandpa. I'll come visit whenever you want me to though. Daddy will always be here for you, Kyungsoo. We're both 'Do's. You'll always carry the 'Do' family name. Together forever, right my son?'

Though tearful, D.O had nodded. He gave a goodbye hug to his father and never saw him again. He first thought that his father was just too busy earning money to come back and visit but eventually, as he grew older and time went by, it became apparent or at least it seemed like D.O's father wanted nothing to do with him. 

 

***

 

'Remember Kyungsoo-ah, manners are one of the most important things in life. What did granny teach you?'

'That with love from family and faith in others, I can do anything'

'Good boy... What did grandpa teach you?'

'That I'm a good person and everyone I know should be good people too'

'Exactly... Another thing I want to teach you today is that you're important. Very important. Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise'

The 10 year old D.O nodded, listening to every single word that came out of his grandparents mouths. They were full of knowledge and wisdom, all accumulated from the vast amount of years they had lived together. They taught D.O all about respect, family honour and how a good person can be led astray but can always find themselves again if they try. They persuaded him to visit his mother whenever he won an award at school or accomplished a new dish. They wanted him to know that family is forever. 

Just as his father had told him.

 

***

 

 

'Our father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation and deliver us from evil-'

'Gracious lord, excuse me but if you may grant me just one more wish, I can die happy. Please look after my dearest grandson Kyungsoo and help guide him through life when he needs it most'

D.O smiled as he kept his eyes shut and his palms together. It was 9pm, time for the bedtime prayer with his grandma. It would be the last prayer he would say with her. The next day was the day she would pass away.

'Amen'

Prayers were always important to D.O and his grandparents. He would pray for his grandparent's health and in return, they prayed for him to live a good life. He prayed that his mother was safe in Heaven and that his father was not overworked. D.O was a good kid, respecting his elders and was very talented- especially in cookery. 

When his grandmother died, D.O was left with no one. His grandfather had passed away a few months earlier after a and he had known all along that his grandmother's health was deteriorating. No amount of praying could heal her. His faith in her was strong but everything has to come to an end. It was inevitable. 

 

***

 

A day later and D.O was under social services as they decided what would be best for him. He was already so old that no parents looking to foster children would choose him. He prayed for someone to help him. 

 

And his prayer was answered.

 

'Hello, you must be Kyungsoo. I'm very sorry about your grandparents'

D.O performed a 90 degree bow to his new 'father'. 

'It's very nice to meet you, Mr Park... And it's okay, granny is in a better place now'

Mr Park had smiled, taking in the appearance of the boy in front of him. He asked him to sit down.

'Kyungsoo... Can you tell me a bit about yourself?'

'Describe myself?...'

'Yes please'

'Well I... I guess I like cooking because I feel closer to my mom-'

'Is there anything you don't like?'

'Don't like?... I don't like rude or impolite people'

'Why is that?'

'My grandparents taught me about respect and honour and I want to honour my promise to them'

 'And what promise was this?'

'That I'd enlighten everyone I meet with my personality and mannerisms'

Mr Park chuckled. 

'You're a funny guy, Kyungsoo. I like you a lot... And I've decided.'

'Decided what?'

'To take care of you just as your grandparents have taken care of you. However, can you promise me just one thing?'

'Of course I can, Mr Park. What is it?'

'I want you to care for the other boys you'll be living with. You like to be close with your mother?'

D.O nodded.

'Then be their mother. Teach them values and respect. Teach them to be like you.'

 

 


So after an incredibly long break, I'm updating Histories :) ohohoho, I have lots and lots of EXO goodness to catch up on! School's nearly starting huhuhuuu T_T