22

The Puppeteer

 

Yongguk hated being stationary. He made that obvious from the very beginning. The only way he was allowed to come home from the hospital was if he didn’t work and let me do everything for him. He hated it. We had to eat takeout every night – he hated takeout – and all he could really do was watch television, which he wasn't a fan of either. Especially since there was rarely anything good on it.

“Did you take your pain killers Gukkie?” I knelt down next to him and reached over for the pill cup I had left on the table a few moments earlier. I sighed softly when I saw that the two white pills still sitting in the plastic cup. “You need to take them...”

He whined, “I don’t like them. They make me feel like puking.” He pushed at my hand, glaring at the pills.

I ran my fingers through his hair gently and took the medication out of the cup. “It’ll make your shoulder stop hurting.” I held my hand out in front of him but he glared at me. “Please take it? It’s medicine. Medicine is good. It helps you.”

Yongguk sneered at me and slapped my hand. I watched the pills fly out of my hand and land on the floor behind me. “My shoulder is fine Himchan. I’m not taking the pills.” He crossed his good arm over his chest, it was probably supposed to be intimidating. Not only did it fail completely, I also never found Yongguk intimidating.

“Okay. You don’t have to. I’ll put them on the table so if you start to hurt too badly you can take them.” I crawled across the floor to grab the medication so I could put them back in the plastic cup. I hoped Yongguk would take them, but he never did anything he didn’t want to do. It was likely that he would never take the medications. “Do you need anything else?”

“I’m fine Himchan.” 

“Are you sure? I mean, you got shot and you’ve been really upset since you got put on medical leave. I just want to make sure you’re okay.”

He batted at my hands again and shot me a glare. “Himchan. ing stop.” He snapped at me and I felt tears well up in my eyes immediately because of the tone of voice he was using.

I nodded my head and moved away from him as quickly as I could. “I just… I know how hard it is to sit around with nothing to do… I wanted to help.” I bit my lip and stood up.  He opened his mouth but I didn’t stay long enough to let him speak. I didn’t want him to speak to me like he had anymore. I didn’t like it.

I rushed into our bedroom, shutting the door behind me as quietly as I could before collapsing onto our bed. “Himchannie!” I heard Yongguk calling me from the living room but I ignored him in favour of hiding my face in a pillow and wishing I could disappear in to it. I couldn’t remember the last time Yongguk had spoken to me that way. I had to have been a teenager.

 I hadn’t done anything wrong. I had just been taking care of my injured boyfriend. “You should have behaved Himchannie.” Jaehwa sat down next to me and I felt her hand run down my spine. “You didn’t follow my orders and Yonggukkie had to pay for it.” She spoke as though she was upset with what she had done. It didn’t suit her. She wouldn’t have done it if she hadn’t wanted to. “I didn’t want to hurt him Himchannie, it could have been much worse. It was just a warning though. Just a bullet in the shoulder.”

I whimpered and rolled over so I could look at her. She was wearing her hair down and had a hoodie on. This was the first time I had ever seen her look so informal. “I’m sorry…”

“Do what I say from now on and Yonggukkie won’t get hurt again. I know you love him and you don’t want him to be hurt again. He yells at you when he’s hurt. You deserve it though. You got him shot and then you hovered like an annoying . You’re lucky he just snapped at you. I would have punched you in the jaw.” She smiled at me and her hand ran through my hair. “You’re a pretty boy Himchannie.” One of her fingers traced my lip, “You should have been a model. Such a waste that you decided to be a housewife. Does he appreciate you Himchannie?”

I nodded my head and she chuckled at me. I didn’t know what was funny about me thinking Yongguk appreciated me. I knew he did. He was just feeling a little stressed out. He had just been shot and he was cooped up. I knew it was terrible not being able to do anything. Yongguk was use to being busy.

“You’re cute.” She patted my cheek a little too roughly. “It’s been a few days since I saw you last, did you do what I asked you to do?”

I nodded my head and rolled off of the bed. I needed to make sure I did everything she said. Yongguk had already been hurt enough. I grabbed a folder out of my pyjama drawer and handed it to her. “I wasn’t sure exactly what I was looking for, but these stood out most. There’s been more murders in the last few months than earlier in the year, I cut those articles out for you.”

“Good.” She snatched the folder out of my hands. She flipped through it for a couple of seconds before closing it and nodding her head. “This will do. Keep doing this.” She ran her hands though my hair another time and smiled gently. “So pretty, it looks like you’ve got a brain between your ears too Himchannie.” She stood up on her tiptoes, pulled me down, and pressed her lips against my forehead. “Beautiful, beautiful Himchannie. I’ll see you soon.” She smirked before turning on her heel and leaving the room.

Just the thought of her lips on my flesh made me shudder. I wasn’t sure if I was disgusted by her lips or just the fact that she was female, either way it was gross. I preferred Yongguk’s full lips to that horrible woman’s thin ones. She desperately needed chaptstick or something. I shuddered again before falling down onto my bed. I knew I needed to check on Yongguk but I wasn’t sure if he wanted to see me again yet.  I decided to give him some time to himself before checking on him again.

_______

lokfdcyik Block Bfiudtcgvj

uhm so here's this chapter. Yongguk doesn't like being on medical leave and he yelled at Himchan for trying to take care of him. -nods- I'm late for school again but I wanted to update so, enjoy this~
Leave me nice comments please :D