2

The Puppeteer

 

Wednesdays were the worst day of the week for me. This was because my doctor’s appointments were on Tuesdays, which meant Yongguk was only in the office for three hours unless his boss had to call him back in for something. Unfortunately that also meant he had to stay late on Wednesdays to make up for not working on Tuesday. It made the day .

Television was terrible on Wednesday. That made things even worse because that was honestly my only outlet. I wanted to change things so Wednesdays wouldn’t so much, but my doctor said it would make things harder for me. He said schedule changes would cause me stress and agitate my condition.

Most of the time I didn’t even bother to get out of bed. Yongguk left before I woke up so I didn’t have to put on any kind of show for him until he got home. He expected me to get up but I don’t know what he expected me to do. I was limited to two hours of internet a day and it wasn’t like I could do anything outside. I had tried online gaming but apparently that counted as internet time. My doctor said those would fuel my delusions anyway.

I stared up at the ceiling of our bedroom trying to decide what I would ask Yongguk to feed me when he got home from work. It was only two in the afternoon and I was already hungry. There was nothing for me to eat though. My doctor said I shouldn’t eat rice for lunch anymore. So I just wouldn’t eat anything.

Yongguk called me at lunch most days but on this Wednesday work must have been overwhelming because he had only sent me a text reminding me to eat. I missed him. Talking to him would have made my day less.

“Kim. Him. Chan.” A familiar voice sounded through my apartment and I shot up from my bed. I didn’t want to hear that voice. Bad things always happened when he came over. Yongguk and my doctor said he wasn’t real, but he didn’t go away when I started taking medication. “You haven’t been working out Himchan!”

I bit my lip and got out of my bed as quickly as I could.  I knew exactly what was going to happen. “I’m sorry Chunghee hyung…” He was always angry with me when he came to see me after a long break. I didn’t like working out, so I didn’t do it unless he was around. He hated that I was lazy. I always thought about working out when I was alone at the apartment but my laziness always won over my desire to be entertained. He was back though.

“You disgust me, Fatass.” He spat, storming over to me and staring me straight in the face. He was a little bit taller than me, but much stronger. He intimidated me. He knew it too. He used that against me. “I gave you a work out before I went out of town. I can tell you didn’t do any of it. You got fat again.”

There was nothing I could do to prevent the shame from boiling up inside of me. I knew I had gained some weight since the last time Chunghee had been over, but I didn’t think it was that bad. Yongguk had been telling me I looked good. He wouldn’t lie to me. “I only gained a little bit…”

“You look disgusting to me. Don’t worry though Chan-ah.” He grabbed my jaw, holding it tightly enough to make sure he had my attention. “We can work it out. Do you still have your treadmill?”

I nodded. Yongguk only kept it around because he used it too, but he hid the key. He didn’t tell me where it was and I hadn’t bothered to look. “Yongguk hid the key though.” I told him and he rolled his eyes at me. He always did that when he thought I had said something stupid.

He held the key up with his free hand and I reached out to grab it. He smirked. “We’ll work off all that extra weight. Don’t worry Channie.” I was dragged to the living room and he stared at me expectantly until I had brought out the treadmill. “Now go get dressed.”

I could never say no to him. I changed out of my sleep shorts and put on my one pair of workout shorts and my trainers. I went through his strenuous work out program, like always, and when he decided we were done I couldn’t have been more pleased. He had made me run on the treadmill for over an hour and when I had nearly collapsed he had forced me to the floor for pushups, situps, and these horrible things he called burpees. I hated working out and he reminded me why every time he came over.

He put the treadmill away and left me lying on the floor drenched in my own sweat. Fortunately soon after Chunghee had left my boyfriend returned home. I heard the door open and even though I was completely exhausted I couldn’t help but smile. I had missed him.

He put some bags down in the kitchen and then walked into the living room. I tried to say hello to him but before I could he was by my side and had puled me up into his arms. He held me tightly to his chest, running his fingers through my damp hair. I had no idea how he wasn’t disgusted with me.  I was so sweaty. “Did Chunghee come by today Channie?” He kissed my forehead but he sounded really upset, and that in turn upset me. I didn’t mean to hurt him but I always found a way. No matter what.

“Only for a little while…” I refused to meet Yongguk’s eyes because I knew exactly what I would see in them. I didn’t want to see disappointment anymore, but I knew I couldn’t make it stop. “He left though. We worked out… You said I wasn’t getting fat Guk-ah… You said…”

He lifted me up from the floor, holding me as close to his chest as he could, and walked to the bathroom. He put me down on the toilet, the shower, and stripped me of my clothing then I saw his land on the floor near mine. I was lifted up again and carried under the water. “You aren’t getting fat Channie. You’re beautiful. I know Chunghee comes over and tries to hurt you and I’m sorry that I can’t make him go away. I wish I could.”

_______

So here is chapter two~ I hope you liked it.
I don't know why I always do author's notes because I never ever have anything to say.
I'll see you all next time I update :D
Leave me pretty comments maybe?