chapter 9

one drunken night...

You cant have her...she's mine 

 

I spent lunch buried deep in my papers when I heard a knock on the door, I didn’t bother looking up thinking it was probably maia leaving me a sandwich or tea so I could eat.

‘workaholic aren’t we lin-sshi?’

I looked up and saw donghae smiling at me from the doorway looking very immaculate in a gray sweater and jeans. He also had a bouquet in tow and it was red tulips this time. I smiled at him and motioned for him to sit down…now how do I deal with this handsome creature? I cant possibly ask him to  turn his attention to another woman for I don’t know any other female doctors in the hospital, and hell his family owns the hospital I work in…and I just found that interesting information from maia and the head nurse khae whom maia told me had a big crush on donghae oppa…but the head nurse isn’t here yet so how am I going to go about this with him?

I smiled as I closed my books and looked at him…he’s very adorable with his cute smile and y eyes…sigh* there’s just no spark…not even a single erratic beat of my heart everytime I see him…

‘did you eat oppa?’

He nodded and sat on one of the chairs infront of me ‘ne I did, do you want to eat? I can order food…’ he said

I shook my head politely as I played with my pen on the table ‘it’s alright oppa I’m not hungry, I have a seminar later this afternoon so I’m rushing things as of the moment…’

‘mianhe, I didn’t want to disturb you. I wont take much of your time lin-shhi, I just want to be with you for awhile’ he told me giving off that killer smile, hell I’ve been fooled by an adorable smile before and that charm wouldn’t work this time…

‘oppa…why?’ I whispered

‘why what lin-sshi?’

I sighed and looked at him ‘why are you doing this? You, siwon-oppa and eunhyuk oppa? Is this another bet?’

He groaned and looked at his hands in frustration ‘they all wanted to take you out?? Why didn’t they tell me?’

‘oppa…why are you all doing this to me? my life is already complicated as it is…I just want to be friends with all of you. That bet in Kowloon was unforgivable but without it I wouldn’t have my son and I guess I should be grateful for it, but oppa…please’ I whispered as  I took his hand ‘I just want to be friends’

‘why just friends lin-sshi….when we can be more than that, am I not enough? Do you like someone else?’ he asked

Trust these guys to go straight to the point when they want to let their so called feelings out. Lee Donghae is perfect but he’s just not perfect for me, I don’t know when did I get so picky about men when I’m a ‘single’ mother and men shouldn’t be looking at me twice when I cross the street. Well some make the mistake of doing that and would give me a smile or be bold enough to ask for my name or number but when they find out that I have a son they would all back away…weird and foolish men. Oppa deserves someone better, I know it’s the same sorry excuse I gave siwon oppa earlier but it’s the truth…love or anything of the sort wont be easy for me…

‘oppa…please understand, I don’t want to complicate things. Lets be friends, I cant give you anything more than that…’ I told him

He finally nodded in agreement and I sighed in relief as I smiled at him ‘we can go out as friends right?’ he asked

I stopped short and groaned inwardly…he doesn’t know when to quit, looks like a quiet rejection wont work for this man…

‘I’ll stop if you find somebody to love, but until then…just let me do this…’ he said as he stood up

‘oppa…I don’t think its proper, it’s never right’

He smiled as he stood near the doorway ‘my friend once told me…nothing is right or wrong when it comes to love lin-sshi, so until then…I’ll be here for you…’

With that said I was left feeling defeated…so much for 2 down and 1 to go…donghae oppa wouldn’t take no for an answer, I don’t even know why are they doing this. Some women might find it funny but its anything but hilarious as of this point…since when did a complicated thing such as the boundaries between friendship and love become simple??

I sighed as I looked at my phone, the wallpaper was my son and his father, they got my phone and horded it with their pictures…if sungmin would only tell me the lines that donghae and siwon oppa just said then life would be as easy as breathing, but that dork is a little bit insensitive and is caught in his own pink world of who knows what else is in his mind. Yes he is acting like a father to  Vinnie, but when will he realize that I need his attention too?? That I slept with him because I was attracted to him and yes I lusted after him! There its out in the open…I like and lust after him…if given the chance I just know it will be something more, but after finding out that I was just nothing but a bet to him I wanted to murder him then and there…

‘why cant I hate you??’ I whispered in anguish as I put the phone inside my pocket and started working again…

**

‘I’ll see you tomorrow maia…close early alright?’

I told my secretary as I was about to leave the clinic to head straight to the seminar at a famous hotel somewhere downtown, the name of the hotel was so familiar, it probably had a dozens of branches both here and abroad…the filthy rich so to speak.

‘ne Dr.Lee I’ll just take some of these calls for your clinic tomorrow and leave some of these files on your desk. Have a great day Dr.Lee’ she said with a smile as I closed the door

I walked towards the exit as I tried to fix my hair to at least look presentable and proper as I headed for the parking lot. I didn’t have the chance to change into something nice, good thing I was wearing the ever reliable black slacks and white lacy blouse and black pumps, it looked formal enough for the occasion and I wish I can just survive the rest of the day without any weird incidents happening…it all started with choi siwon who I spotted talking to Dr.Inoue, and sort of ended with a not so good confrontation with Lee Donghae, I don’t know what to expect next…

‘lin-sshi!! Are you leaving already?’

I let out a soft expletive as I turned around and saw a grinning eunhyukkie with 2 Styrofoam cups of coffee in his hands and he was walking carefully towards me…please give me the strength to deal with these men today I silently prayed and plastered a smile on my face…please, please give me the strength to surpass the rest of the day when my patience is sorely tested by these guys.

‘hyukkie oppa…how are you? Is that coffee?’ I asked him

He grinned sweetly and nodded ‘here, I have a mocha latte for you lin-sshi…you look harassed today’ he said

Who wouldn’t be? I thought as I accepted the coffee he gave me, we walked silently towards the parking lot.

‘are you leaving lin-sshi?’ he asked me

I smiled and nodded ‘yes oppa, I have a seminar this afternoon, I’ll be the guest speaker’ I told him and saw sadness in his eyes…why are they making my life in  Seoul a nightmare?

Then all of a sudden he took hold of my hand and walked me to my car, he was smiling like a child and his hand was a lil bit sweaty…now don’t tell me that a cutie like hyukkie oppa gets nervous around a girl?? That isn’t likely, women likes him way too much for him to be nervous.

‘why don’t you let me drive, so you can rest while we drive…just tell me where the seminar is…’ he happily volunteered…how can I say no?

‘oppa…I’m ok don’t worry, I can drive myself’ I told him as I held on to my last ounce of patience

‘please….pretty please…’ he said while he gave me the cutest face ever imaginable as he batted his pretty eyelashes…yup tell me please how to say no to his cuteness??

I sighed and gave him a light peck on the cheek, he finally stopped being cute and just stared at me in astonishment…this is it, the moment of truth, I just hope he wont be as hard headed as donghae oppa was.

‘hyukkie oppa…siwonnie and fishy oppa were here earlier too and I think the 3 of you have the same intentions with why you guys are doing this to me’ I began ‘oppa…I can only give friendship, nothing more’ I finally told him

He sighed and looked at me with puppy dog eyes and whispered ‘just friends? For the 3 of us? Why lin-sshi?’

I smiled and shrugged my shoulders as I held his hands ‘oppa we’re all better off that way, don’t you think?’

‘you haven’t forgiven us about what happened in Kowloon?’ he asked

‘its not really easy to forgive or forget for I will always be reminded of it everytime I look at my son…but oppa its not the main reason why’

He looked at me with confusion and asked me with his eyes to continue ‘oppa…I have a son, I want to give him a family..’I stopped in the middle of my sentence at the sudden realization of what I was saying ‘I mean…argh! I don’t know…I honestly don’t know oppa but I just want to be friends with all of you, give me a chance to get to know all of you and be friends…’ I decided to tell him

He nodded then smiled ‘I understand lin-sshi…I’ll be a friend and an ajeossi to little Vincent. I’m really sorry about what happened-‘

‘oppa…stop apologizing, I love my son and meeting all you is a blessing…but I cant give more than that…’ I told him

‘lin-sshi, I wish you and Vinnie happiness and I hope that you’ll get the family that you’ve always dreamt of having’ he said and gave me a brotherly hug before adding ‘remember, we’re always here for you and suju’s baby…if ever you need help in anything just give us a call…’

‘thank you oppa…’ I said gratefully as I watch him take his leave in his car.

I’m glad that went well, so that’s really 2 down and 1 to go…why cant I get all 3 of them to see what I want...Donghae oppa, I didn’t need the extra burden, and why the hell did I say that I want to give my son a family?? Of course that’s true…am I also implying that I want to be a real family with Lee Sungmin?? Uhh-ohh…I’m asking for trouble…

**Sungmin’s Pov**

It took all of my patience and my love for my brothers not to punch all 3 of them in the gut after seeing them try to go out with the mother of my baby…I’m partly glad that lin said no to all of 3 of them.

I spent the whole day ‘spying’ on her and I decided to do that when she told me that my dongsaengs are trying to date mei lin knowing full well that she’s the mother of my son and I’m trying to fix things with her so my son can have a normal family? Wait…what?! Fix things with lin…but, but hell things just got more complicated.

I sat there inside my rented car looking at lin’s car as it drove away, I didn’t want to use my car for my dongsaengs and lin would recognize it and would ask me questions about why I was there and I didn’t have answers to their questions that’s for sure. Yes I was kinda spying on her but I had good reasons, she’s the mother of my baby and I have to watch out for her…she didn’t need watching over though since she’s capable of taking care of herself.

‘!’ I whispered in frustration as I saw donghae step out of the hospital and looking at my car’s direction, that dongsaeng of mine can be pretty observant and that’s one thing I don’t like about it. I’ll deal with him later and as for the rest of the guys….siwonnie was out with a cute doctor, while hyukkie seemed happy earlier, what I don’t know is what happened between lin and fishy, its kills me not knowing what happened…maybe just maybe I can call lin’s secretary and ask her…with that idea in mind I drove out of the hospital’s parking lot and hoped that fishy didn’t see me.

I’ll worry about me and lin later for now I have take care of the ‘obstacles’ in my way…all is fair in love and war so they say.