chapter 15

one drunken night...

 

Of love and confessions

 

‘mama…you have work?’

I turned around and saw Vinnie in his diapers with his pink rabbit in tow, he stared at me with those cute round eyes of his…my god he already mastered his appa’s aegyo face, how can I ever deny that he’s Lee Sungmin’s son, when he could very well be his minion for whatever evil plans that he has.

I knelt down infront of him and gave him a kiss and ruffled his hair ‘I’m afraid I have to baby, I wont be gone long, half the day at most…’ I told him

He nodded and looked at me expectantly ‘ice cream later mama?’ he asked as he gave me a hug

‘yes baby…ice cream later, when mama gets home’ I said as I kissed him again, grabbed my bag and carried him in my arms

‘you’re leaving lin lin?’ mama asked as I gave her Vincent ‘its Sunday…’ she added

I nodded and kissed mama’s cheeks ‘I love you mama, I have work though, but can you bring Vinnie later at the hospital? We’ll go for ice cream later’ I told mama as I gave Vincent a kiss before I went to the door

‘okay lin lin…we’ll see you later, Vinnie say goodbye to mommy’

‘bye bye mama’ Vinnie said and gave me a kiss

How can life be so hard when my baby is as perfect as Vincent? I sighed as I hurriedly walked to the elevator and put on my coat for today’s work. I don’t mind working on a Sunday but today I wasn’t in the mood to do anything but stay home and be with my baby.

I got to the parking lot thankfully without any delays, I was about to start the car when my mobile phone rang from inside my pocket, I answered it without even looking at the screen.

‘hello?’

‘lin-sshi? How are you?’ the guy at the other line greeted me

I paused for a bit to check the screen and saw that it was donghae oppa who called me. I sighed in frustration for I was hoping it was sungmin who called me, but then again I should’ve prepared myself for another disappointment.

‘yes oppa…I’m alright’ I answered him as I started the car ‘how are you?’

He chuckled in relief as I answered his call ‘ehh I’m alright lin-sshi…where are you? It’s a bit noisy where you are’

‘oppa, I’m driving to the hospital…’

‘hospital?? But its Sunday…why do you have to work?’ he asked me

I giggled as I noticed the nervousness in his voice ‘ehh oppa, I’m usually on call…I have to go oppa, I’m driving’ I told him as I ended the call

Why cant sungmin be as worried as donghae oppa is? I shook my head as I continued driving to the hospital, I didn’t need those thoughts as of the moment…I’ll talk to you one way or another lee sungmin.

**sungmin’s pov**

‘sungminnie…looks like you have to change your plans’

I looked at fishy from fixing my keyboard as I was putting it inside the case. I was getting ready for wooing the girl I know I hurt and I would want to make amends with.

The rest of the guys agreed to help me and they all seemed relieved that I was finally taking steps to win her, and they all supported me in my plans, even their wives agreed to help me.

‘why does he have to change his plans?’ teukie hyung asked as yna helped him with his tie

Yna looked at fishy too and raised her eyebrow ‘ehh oppa? Why?’

Donghae sighed as I looked at him, he looked at me and sighed again and touched my arm ‘serenading wont do…she’s at the hospital’

‘at the hospital?? Its Sunday!!’ I groaned in frustration as I sat down on the couch

Our magnae kyuhyunnie was smiling at me with wookie and yesung in tow, the looked like a trio of monkeys out to make mischief in todays plans.

‘kyuhyunnie not now…hyung is not in the mood’ I told him

‘hyung you don’t have to change the entire plan, you can still woo her at the hospital…donghae hyung can help with that’ kyuhyunnie said with a grin

Heechul hyung grinned at fishy and batted his eyelashes like a girl that earned him a pinch on the cheeks from his pregnant wife Sammie that made shindong hyung laugh

‘donghae-sshi, you can provide a lil privacy for our little program for sungmin-sshi and the love of his life lin-sshi later’ heechul said

My eyes suddenly lit up as I looked at my hyungs and they were all dressed up for a serenade. I smiled at each and everyone and they all looked at me as if I’m crazy…and I would admit I was at that point, I so wanted to make everything work. I so wanted to win her heart and I cant afford to take any chances.

‘guys…thank you, we can perform at the hospital…I’ll sing and dance…’ I told them

Teukie hyung stopped me from going out of the room ‘sungminnie…we wont let you go alone…you were with the 3 of us when we were proposing, we have to be there when you do it. We’ll sing and dance together’ he said

I looked at my hyung and nodded ‘I cant thank you enough hyung, everyone..thank you, but how will we do it?’

‘since you’re apologizing sungmin-sshi, why don’t we sing and dance…sorry, sorry?’ siwonnie suggested

Eunhyukkie laughed out in glee and clapped his hands as he took me to the center of the living room and started dancing sorry, sorry.

‘good idea…come on sungmin-sshi we can still practice’ he told me as yesung played sorry, sorry on the player.

I gulped nervously as I started dancing sorry, sorry and hoped it would work, I’ll do whatever it takes to win her heart.

**

I sighed as I continued typing some notes that I need for another seminar tomorrow. I could’ve done this at home but my references are here and I had to meet with a couple of doctors at the conference room earlier, now I’m stuck for the rest of the morning in my office while finishing the report.

My mobile phone caught my attention for it was ringing and I hastily picked it up

‘lin-san, its me aia’

I smiled, glad that it wasn’t one of the suju members or I’ll probably go mad, I wasn’t in the mood to see or talk to any of those guys as of the moment.

‘yes aia, hmm you sound sick, why are you whispering?’ I asked her

‘hmm…the preggy mommy is taking a nap right now. Where are you?’ she asked

I sighed and stood up to stretch my back ‘I’m in my clinic at the hospital…but I’ll go out for coffee in a bit’ I told her ‘why?’

‘I see…can you wait for ria-san at the lobby? She’s with yna and they want to get your opinion about something. Sammie and I will follow as soon as she wakes up, we can have lunch together’

‘okay, are they coming anytime soon?’

‘hai, you should go out and meet them lin-san, we’ll see you girls later’ with that said she ended the call and I hurriedly went out of my clinic to wait for ria and yna at the lobby, though I wonder what they want my opinion for.

I sat at one of the vinyl chairs that lined the hospital corridor and sighed, I need to think of what to do about me and sungmin, I didn’t want Vinnie to know that his parents aren’t doing anything for him to have the family that he needs and is dreaming of. I don’t want my son to go through the same pain that I did when I was growing up without a father. My son needs a family and I’ll make sure lee sungmin is going to give him that, but I’ll murder him if he ever marries another woman.

I looked around the empty corridor of the hospital and I wondered where the people are, well…I know I was in the OPD and that all doctors at the OPD are off on Sundays and maybe, just maybe I was the only doctor still there.

I got up to walk my already stiff legs only to sit down again when all the lights went off and the whole corridor turned pitch black for a few seconds and my heart started beating wildly when I saw suju at the entrance of the building, all wearing suits and a familiar music started playing at the sound system…

‘sorry,sorry??’ I whispered and nearly screamed in surprise when I saw yna, ria, Sammie and aia walk towards me with a bouquet of stargazers in tow.

‘I hope you like the surprise these boys prepared for you’ ria said with a smile as she handed me the flowers, I looked at them in wonder and finally asked them

‘what is going on?’ I asked them

Aia grinned ‘hmm just watch lin-san, we know you’ve been waiting for this for so long’

We all turned around at these gorgeous guys infront of us who was preparing to dance their famous hit and much to my surprise as I stared at the center…it was the 2 most important men in my life, sungmin and Vinnie was dancing sorry, sorry and father and said both had matching outfits. It made me want to take a picture or a video of them dancing together.

I don’t know what these boys were planning but it was enough to make me smile and not ask for any other reasons.

**sungmin’s pov**

Our little performance for lin was finally over and shindong hyung and eunhyukkie was trying to push me near her.

‘go sungmin-sshi, make a move already’ wookie cheered as he carried a squealing Vinnie in his arms and they were chasing around the corridor with siwon and yesung

‘make a move sungmin…or I’ll make one’ donghae said with a playful grin

I sighed and nodded as I walked the short distance between me and the mother of my baby boy, she looked so pretty and serene in her usual pediatrics uniform, she also was looking at me and waiting for me to say something…this is it, I’m really doing this, I’m giving up my bachelorhood for this beautiful woman infront of me. The reason for my smile, the reason why I wanted to be a better man and a better father…

‘I love you…’ I whispered as I knelt infront of her, she looked at me in wide eyed wonder and told me with her eyes to continue ‘I’m sorry if my methods of showing you didn’t suit you…I just didn’t know how’

She frowned and pinched my cheek ‘you dork! You didn’t have to drag suju here in the hospital…you only have to tell me how you feel its enough’

I shook my head and kissed her fingers ‘I love you…I love you not because you’re the mother of our adorable son, I love you because I just do.’

I took the ring from my pocket and showed it to her she gasped and started crying as she looked at me ‘don’t cry love…I want you to be happy, if you don’t want me to propose just yet I’ll wait’ I told her as I kissed her hand and put the ring back in my pocket

‘I didn’t…I didn’t cry because I don’t want you to propose’ she said and groaned again in frustration ‘do I always have to spell it out? Do I always have to say what I feel?? Can you not guess?’ she asked

I was about to answer when teukie hyung shouted ‘you have to spell it out…he’s not good at guessing games lin-ah’

I frowned at our leader while yna quickly apologized for her husband ‘gomene sungmin oppa…just don’t mind your hyung, go on and propose’

I groaned as I looked at lin and she was trying so hard not to smile and look at me as if I was the devil that she desperately want to avoid

‘you cant disappoint them…’she said and held out her hand ‘I’m making it easier for you sungmin…’

I grinned and held her close, she wept and this time I know it was from happiness. I stared at her and she looked at me and the love that she felt for me and for our son was shining in her eyes and it was enough to make me want to do everything for her.

‘I love  you…will you marry me? be the official Mrs.Lee Sungmin? We can be a family now, a family that you always wanted…’ I told her

She nodded and smiled as she kissed my cheek ‘yes…yes I’ll marry you…I love you Lee Sungmin, thank you for giving me Vincent and for fulfilling my dreams in having a family’

I smiled and took her in my arms again and kissed her, kissed her with all the longing in my heart and for once in my life I felt complete…all I could ever need and want in this life I found in her and our son.

‘appa, mama…can Vinnie kiss too?’

We stopped kissing and looked at the very reason that brought us back together, how this innocent child brought 2 adults together and how he was the reason why we both want to be better parents and this time we want to start it right…not because we’re drunk but because we both love each other.

I carried him on he settled on my lap as he gave his mama a kiss and touched my cheek

‘we have good news Vinnie…’ I told him

‘hmm..kay, you can tell Vinnie now’ he said with a smile

Lin kissed his hair and said ‘your appa and I are going to be together now…’

‘would you like that? would that make you happy?’ I asked

He nodded and said ‘finally…wuv you appa, wuv you mama’ he added and squirmed down from my lap and ran around the corridor squealing for ice cream

I looked at my new fiancé and she smiled at me….yes I can finally say I’m complete and I cant wait to spend forever with this woman beside me and the miracle that we made…

Epilogue

**

We were traveling to Mokpo for the death anniversary of donghae’s papa and our little bundle of joy was busy looking at the sights that welcomed him the moment we left Seoul.

‘vinnie…sit down and don’t move too much’ I told him as I adjusted my sunglasses and looked at my husband for 3 months as he grinned at me and continued driving

Yes…my husband for 3 months, I am Mrs.Lee Sungmin now and life is indeed beautiful. I didn’t realize that love can be as simple and as free as what we have…we were more than just lovers, we’re friends and that’s what makes our marriage easy, if a woman can have that in a man then what more could she want?

‘saranghamnida…wo ai ni jagiya’ sungmin whispered as he gave me a kiss on the cheek

I blushed and smiled at him ‘wo ai ni…thank you for everything…’

He chuckled and touched my hair ‘don’t thank me yet….for we have forever and more to stay with each other…I’ll give you so much more…’

‘you  need not give me anything for your love  is enough and I couldn’t ask for anything more’ I told him

We finally arrived at the family house of fishy oppa, and the others were already there. His beautiful mother greeted us and told us to sit down since donghae was still in the cemetery praying and talking to his appa. i sat beside the girls for our husbands and the rest of suju decided to play a computer game.

‘how’s being Mrs.Lee so far?’ Sammie asked me as she bit on some sandwiches provided for us by one of the maids that roamed around the vast garden that donghae’s family owned

I smiled and touched her tummy ‘its perfect…thank you for pushing me, thank you for being such good friends’ I told them

Aia grinned and whistled ‘are we going to have another suju baby? We have hana, Vinnie and 2 more babies from yna-san and Sammie-san, what about you and oppa?’ she asked

‘hehe…not yet, what about you and yesung oppa?’ I asked her as I pointed at the man talking to my husband who had his eyes on aia

She frowned and stuck her tongue out ‘I’m not part of it…’

Ria hugged me and yna followed her, soon I was surrounded with squeals of delight and feminine laughter that made the boys look at us

‘we’re glad you’re happy’ ria said

Yna giggled as she took my hand and said ‘finally…lee sungmin met his match’ she looked around and added ‘donghae oppa is taking too long don’t you guys think?’

I checked my watch and nodded ‘he’s lonely and its partly my fault…but I’m not  the girl for him, I want him to be happy too’

Sammie nodded her agreement ‘hmm he needs someone to be there for him, someone who understands him’

The 4 of us fell silent as we thought of ways to make donghae oppa happy, we know that despite his smiles and his laughter is a son longing for his father, a son who’s trying to be strong for his umma, a brother and a friend who would give anything for the people he loves and a man who longs to love and be loved in return.

I was thinking of the head nurse at the hospital whom maia told me  had a huge crush on donghae when aia’s foot accidentally hit one of the books from under the table, and a certain photo album fell to the floor. I picked it up and slowly opened the pages, my eyes focused on a photo where I saw a young donghae, probably in highschool smiling at the camera and beside him was a lovely young girl and she looked vaguely familiar.

‘I know her…’ I whispered

‘she’s Kim Khae Lyn…’

We turned around and saw the smiling face of donghae’s mama as I hastily apologized to her for opening the photo album, she smiled and sat beside us as I gave the album to her…

‘kamsahamnida Mrs.Lee, I didn’t mean to be rude’ I told her

Aia peeked inside the album and stared at the photo and said ‘she does look familiar…I’ve seen her’

Mrs. Lee smiled and showed us the picture ‘she’s khae, she works as a nurse at the hospital our family owns…’

I nodded that’s why the young girl looked so familiar…but what’s the story behind the picture?

‘she’s donghae’s fiance’

‘fiance??!’ the 4 of us said in surprise as  we looked at Mrs.Lee

**Donghae’s pov**

‘appa…why did you have to leave so soon?’ I whispered as I looked up at the sky and sighed.

It has been quite awhile since papa passed away but I still cant help but shed a few tears thinking of how short the time was when we had to spend it together but how long it was when I think that I haven’t seen him or talk to him.

I miss him…but I know I had to let go, I cant hold on to him forever, for I know in this world nothing lasts forever…

I sighed as I stood up from kneeling and looked at his cold marble grave. I would give anything just to be with him, just to have him smile at me and say that he’s proud of the man that I’ve become and he will always be proud of the things that I do…but then again I could only rely on my memories and wish that he’s still with me.

‘I miss you appa, I’ll visit you sometime soon…please watch over us’ I said as I headed back to my car

I turned around and bumped into someone on the way. I took hold of whoever it was for fear that he would stumble…but he was too soft and too gentle to become a man. I slowly looked down at the person in my arms and her soulful gray eyes stared at me…

‘mianhe’ she whispered ‘please let go of me’

It was as if I woke up from a trance as I carefully assisted her so she can stand up. I didn’t trust myself to say anything for she looked at me and smiled shyly as she handed me a bouquet of  white lilies.

‘flowers oppa…’ she said and added ‘its for your papa, Master Lee…take them they’re from our flower farm’

And without warning she carefully placed the flowers on my arms and ran away from me to the waiting car parked not far from my own, she was gone before I could even stop her…

‘who are you beautiful stranger?’ I whispered as I looked at the speeding car ‘who are you? And why do you know so much about me?’

**

a/n

the final chapter of lin and sungmin’s lovestory, hope you guys like it and im still hoping all of you will still continue to support and read my upcoming stories <3 thank you so much!!

again…if you have any requests for a story that you would want me to write, post a comment on any of my stories of leave something on my wall <3 I enjoyed writing this story I hope you guys liked reading it as well…til the next story….titled beautiful stranger