chapter 4

one drunken night...

A Baby for Lee Sungmin ^_^

 

‘ma…ma…’

I smiled at my little angel as I was pushing the cart that he was in at the grocery story. He was busy his fingers while pointing at his favorite cheese crackers at the stand, saying in a not so subtle way that he wants cheese crackers.

‘does Vinnie wants cheese crackers?’ I asked him

He shyly smiled, his cute chinky eyes lit up like diamonds and nodded his agreement. I cant believe how blessed I am having this wonderful baby with me and knowing that he came from inside me, my own flesh and blood.  I feel complete…what more can I woman want, I have a stable career, a family who loves and supports me, an amazing son who’s my everything…and I cant ask for anything more than that.

How long has it been since that fateful incident? In his arms, he made me feel like a woman, he gave me a son…though I wasn’t expecting it to happen in just one night but I welcomed the blessing. Ever since Vincent or Vinnie as we all fondly call him he brought so much joy in my life and in the life of my family as well. 2 years…my son is 2 years old and yet his father doesn’t know, or more likely he is unaware that he has a son and I’ll see to it that it stays that way…no complications, no questions.

‘mama…hungry…’

I turned around as I buckled his seat belt and I was busy juggling the groceries in one hand and trying to see if he’s ok in his seat. As I looked at him, he was beginning to look more like his father everyday, as much as I didn’t want that, hell sometimes the male genes are stronger…reality check…lee sungmin is the father so duhh of course Vincent would look like him.

‘in a minute baby, we’ll be home soon’ I told him as I got around the driver’s seat and started the car ‘do you want your milk?’

He looked at me and shook his head sending his black locks in wild disarray, sometimes he’s an angel yet at times his tantrums gets the better of him.

‘food mama…carrot sticks’ he pouted ‘music?’ he said as he pointed to the car stereo

‘okay baby, music’ I conceded and turned the stereo on and soon a familiar song began to play.

Vinnie squealed and joy and started clapping his chubby hands in obvious indication that he liked the music…the song on the radio was a Super Junior hit…bonamana. I couldn’t understand why my son liked it, I guess he somehow knew his papa sang parts of the song…he likes music too, it was as if he knew that his papa likes music as well…like father, like son…what else can happen?? The next thing I know he might be singing and dancing bonamana already.

I sighed as I continued driving home ‘damn your genes Lee Sungmin, I don’t want my baby in the limelight like you…never’ I whispered in frustration.

**

‘how’s grocery shopping waisun?’ mama asked as she carried her grandson who was now munching on his all time favorite snack, cheese crackers smiled at her showing his mouth full of crackers.

Mama laughed and hugged her spoiled grandson even harder making the latter pout again. I couldn’t help but let out a tired sigh as I left the grandma and the grandson alone for their usual ‘bonding’ time before eating dinner.

I was putting away the groceries when a-yi came rushing into the kitchen with a bag full of cakes and who knows what else for Vinnie. She smiled as she gave me a kiss on the cheek

‘how’s your day lin lin?’ my aunt asked

‘tiring a-yi, I’m still waiting for the results of my exams and applications at different hospitals’ I answered her as I started to slice some vegetables that I’ll use to make soup.

‘vinnie is 2yrs old now…and he’s very handsome and looking very much like his father everyday’ my aunt said as she looked at me ‘when will you tell that poor guy the truth Lee Mei Lin?’

I sighed as I continued to peel some onions and thought about what my aunt said…I know deep down inside me I didn’t want him to find out, if ever I was given the choice I wouldn’t want Sungmin to ever find out that he has a son. I want a peaceful life for my baby, I want him to lead a normal life and not have the paparazzi chase him all over and take pictures of him…I want him to be safe at all times, but looking at my son while mama was playing with him. He looked like his father for crying out loud and I wont be able to deny that, but then again I’m in Kowloon and there might be no chance that Sungmin and the Super Junior will still come back here for series of shows…I hope.

I smiled sadly at my aunt and shook my head ‘I honestly don’t know a-yi, but I’ll take things one step at a time and who knows where this will lead’

‘your son will eventually look for his father lin lin, what will you say?’

I was about to say something when I heard Vincent squeal in the delight as mama the tv. My aunt and I hurriedly left the kitchen to see what the brat was squealing about and much to my dismay and surprise, he was pointing at a familiar face at the tv…

‘mama!! Handsome guy…like me? Right mama?’ Vinnie asked as he looked at me with his chinky eyes that looked very much like the man smiling on tv

‘Lee Sungmin…’ I whispered as  I stared blankly at the screen.