chapter 1

one drunken night...

A bet...part 1

Kowloon, Hong Kong

‘why do I have to hurry?’ I grumbled as I stopped the car at our condo’s parking lot and stepped into the elevator that would take me up to our unit.

It was close to 6 in the evening and I’m tired and hungry, all I wanted was a quiet evening at home and I could read my books and review for upcoming exams at the university…what does mama want from me now?

I sighed again as I juggled my bag and the keys in one hand as I was trying to open our door but before I could my smiling mother already saved me from the agony of doing so.

‘lin lin…I’m glad you’re home’

I smiled and kissed her as I got inside ‘mama, I’m happy to be home too. Why are you home this early?’ I asked as I put my things on the couch and sat down to at least rest my tired feet.

‘are you hungry?’ mama asked me from the kitchen ‘well…I closed an important deal today so I decided to celebrate. I let my secretary handle the office for the rest of the day’

‘mama! That’s wonderful! I know you’d do well at work mama’ I said as I ran to the kitchen to kiss her, my painful feet forgotten.

She grinned and touched my cheek ‘I didn’t cook so I decided that we can have dinner somewhere, for a change…but I could cook if you’re too tired to leave’

I shook my head, I can never let her down…for someone who has done so much for me, mama asks so little, sometimes she never asks for anything at all.

For as long as I could remember mama has been with me, I never met my father and we never talked about it, if he didn’t bother to contact us after getting my mother pregnant then he’s not worth our time either. We have made it a silent agreement to not talk about him anymore, I’ve never met him though I must admit I have desires to meet him and ask him why he didn’t want me…but those things will have to wait. I have better things to do than think of the past and what ifs.

‘Lee Mei Lin…you cant lie to me remember?’ mama asked me as she looked at my face

I shook my head and grinned ‘mama, go and get dressed, we’ll paint the town red tonight’

She giggled her voice sounding very much like tinkling bells and nodded ‘I’ll call you’re a-yi so we can all go out together’

‘we can meet her at the restaurant…’ I said as I went to my room ‘mama what will I wear?’

‘your red and black cheongsam love..’ mama answered

Once in my bedroom I let out a tired sigh as I hurriedly undressed and ran inside my shower. ‘goodbye quiet evening’

I hope everything will end right today, my classes at med school was draining, my projects were up to my neck and I’m cramming for a couple of other exams this week…yup its been a hellish day. I’m just glad that my aunt and my mama weren’t as strict as other parents were, and I’m half glad that we’re not living with my strict grandparents who are very traditional with their ways. My lao ye and wai po or my grandfather and grandmother in my mother’s side are traditional Chinese and they would probably go nuts if  they found out I’m studying medicine and I go home late at night.

I was named Mei Lin, from my mother’s name Mei which means youngest daughter or beautiful…true my mother’s both, I wish I looked more like her, but as I stared at my reflection at the mirror nothing would ever change the fact that I look more Caucasian, like my father. A father I never met and a father I would have wanted to meet…

**Sungmin’s Pov**

‘wow! Is this Hong Kong at night?’ I whispered in delight as I looked outside the window of our van.

Suju’s in Hong Kong and we were promoting our shows and albums in the Chinese market, and all of us were so glad of the warm welcome that they gave us. I was hugging my pink stuffed rabbit close to me, it was given to me by a cute little girl outside our dressing room after the concert that we had earlier.

I looked at my brothers who was busy doing their own stuffs in their own seats and had to laugh at heechulie hyung who was holding Sammie-ah’s already swollen tummy, the latter was rolling her eyes and trying to push him away.

‘heechul-san, can you please stop holding our baby? She’s probably going nuts by now’ Sammie complained

His hyung only smiled and kept rubbing her tummy ‘aniyo, he likes that…he’ll grow up to be a great singer and actor someday…right baby?’

I shook my head and stifled back a laughter and turned to look at teukie hyung and his fiancé/suju’s official publicist yna-ah, they were both busy planning the wedding of the century while wookie was trying to help with the motif and shindong hyung was suggesting the entertainment and the wedding program.

‘teukie hyung…we can get pink roses and white roses for the church or the garden or the beach or the hotel ballroom’ I suggested while giving them all my cutest face

Yna smiled and blew me a kiss ‘I like sungmin oppa’s idea about the pink roses and the white roses thingy, we can try rosebuds right oppa?’

Teukie hyung nodded and studied their list and looked at me ‘sungminnie, your aunt owns a flower shop right? Tell her we’ll get flowers there’

‘and the cakes and other pastries at bakeshop wookie’s mama owns’ yna added with a squeal of delight as she pinched wookie’s cheeks, she’s been doing that for over 2 days now…and she seems so fond with wookie and I while she couldn’t stand the sight of her husband

I nodded and I was about to drink some water when kyuhyunnie handed me their 6mos old baby girl. I looked at him to ask why but his tiny little wife ria smiled at me

‘oppa…she likes your bunny rabbit’ ria said as she pointed at her daughter who was now biting the ears of the pink bunny

She looked up at me and smiled showing pink gums ‘ohh baby wants the bunny…you can have her baby. We can name the bunny, Minnie…right she’s Minnie the bunny’ I told her with a grin

She was a beautiful baby, and everyday she was looking a bit more like her lovely parents too, she’s got ria’s big brown eyes though and kyuhyunnie’s smile and temper. She can be evil most of the time or a perfect little angel depending on her mood.

Ria giggled ‘you’re a natural oppa, give my daughter a playmate soon ok?’

Donghae heard that and walked towards us stretching his arms to play with little hana ‘what about me ria-ah? Cant I have kids too?’ he asked

‘ehh oppa you’re too choosy sometimes…hehe but I wish all of you will find love soon…who knows maybe you’ll find it here in Kowloon’ ria said with a smile as she patted my hand

I smiled and a part of me also wished I could find the woman who would make me feel complete…if she’s out there somewhere I hope she’s going to wait for me..

**

a/n 

here i am again writing another story..hope you guys will like this one.. <3 comments or suggestions anyone