chapter 5

one drunken night...

Who are you?

Photobucket

 

**sungmin’s pov**

I sat there with an open magazine in my lap, looking with wide eyed wonder and amazement at eunhyukkie’s latest dance moves while listening to wookie and donghae arguing about what to eat for dinner.

‘chinese take out!!’ wookie pouted as he looked at donghae

Donghae shook his head ‘japanese! Japanese! Japanese food!!’ and looked at me ‘sungminnie…I want Japanese food’

Wookie suddenly walked over to me and batted his eyelashes ‘chinese take out right hyung? Chao fan, Chinese dumplings, peking duck…right hyung? You love those right?’ he told me

‘aniyo, he likes sushi, tempura, beef teriyaki and ahh ramen’ donghae said

I couldn’t help but laugh at them and shook my head ‘we have to wait for teukie hyung to get back, why don’t we clean?’

And as if I said a magic word they all decided to do other things…these guys hated cleaning sometimes as much as I was a neat freak. I sighed and shook my head as I resumed reading, I was about to turn another page when my eunhyuk asked me something

‘sungminnie…do you remember Kowloon?’ he asked then stopped dancing to take off his shoes and I covered my nose he grumbled and put his shoes again ‘do you remember the girl there?’

‘the girl? At the restaurant?’ I asked as I looked at the gold chain around my neck ‘what about her eunhyukkie?’

He smiled dreamily and looked outside with stars in his eyes and I had to throw one of the pillows at him so he would continue talking

‘I had a dream about her…hehe she kissed me’ he finally said with a grin ‘I want to see her’

I looked at him with my mouth wide open…he had dreams about her?? Why didn’t I have dreams about her?? Hell we spent the whole night together and I was trying to look for her back in Kowloon, still I didn’t even see her in my dreams…what happened between us both, I didn’t even know what really happened except for the fact that we slept together and she is a …I mean was, I took care of that, but the bad part is that I want to remember everything…everything. I want to remember her face…her sweet kisses and what happened between us…

‘I don’t remember how she looked like’ I said as I leaned back on my chair and sighed.

For 2 years I have done nothing but want to see her and to at least have answers to my questions, yet as I feel like I’ve gotten closer I seem to not be going anywhere. Who is she? Is she thinking of me the way I’m thinking of her? I want to know her name…I want to know how it would feel like to be in her arms again and this time be aware of it.

When I get that chance…when I have that chance to finally see her again, I would do everything I can, everything I can to make up for what happened that drunken night we spent in each others arms…

‘sungminnie??’

I blinked as I turned around to see a still dancing eunhyukkie now joined by donghae who was munching some of my cheese crackers…

‘are those my cheese crackers fishy?’ I asked as I glared at him

He grinned sheepishly and nodded ‘I got hungry, mianhe…’

I sighed and nodded just the same thing…these boys sometimes have appetites of kids who would want to eat every minute of every day…how can I refuse donghae when he’s already half way thru the small package of my cheese crackers…

Mental note to self: buy cheese crackers tomorrow…I groaned as I heard another noise from the kitchen and out came shindong with a strawberry yogurt while siwonnie was helping himself  to the hamburger I was planning to eat later when I get hungry at midnight…that plan just went down the drain seeing them eat my food. I groaned as I made another mental note to myself…buy another strawberry yogurt and eat hamburger somewhere…alone! Oh yes, buy padlocks…grr!

**

‘ajeossi!! Ajeossi!!’

I grinned as I saw my 6 year old nephew running towards me as I got out of the car.

Suju had a weekend off to do whatever we want for 3 days so we all decided to see our families whom we haven’t seen for quite sometime, and we all agreed to have a small get together at Sunday for a barbeque at Heechulie and Sammie’s beautiful island home in Jeju Island. The rest of the boys had other plans for the weekend too but since Heechul hyung, teukie hyung and Kyuhyunnie wont be able to be with their lovey doves for we were about to start our asian tour in the middle of next week. As much as the hubby’s would want to bring their lovely wives…Sammie was pregnant and needed to rest from travelling too much, ria was busy with hana who was growing up to be very lovely and yna would be busy with work in Seoul and preparing for the wedding of the millennium…she’d kill me if she heard that we’ve nicknamed their wedding that way, everyday she was turning into a nervous wreck and still hated teukie hyung around her.

‘joka!! Ajeossi missed you…my you’re getting bigger’ I said as I carried him in my arms, he was the son of my eldest cousin and the only kid among my family next to my younger brother who was at that moment in school.

‘ajeossi did you bring any gifts for me?’

I must admit he looked like me especially when he bats his eyelashes and ask for something.

‘ne its in the car…why don’t you go and look for it, pretend that you’re a pirate and my gift is the treasure’

I didn’t have to finish my sentence for he was already scrambling down from my arms and ran to my car which I left open for him to look for his surprise.

‘you spoil him way too much sungmin’ I heard my umma say, I didn’t hear her coming from behind me for I was too engrossed in looking at my nephew searching for his gift inside my car.

I smiled and hugged my mother ‘pogoshipoyo umma…how are you? Did umma miss her loving and adorable son?’ I told her as I kissed her cheek like I used to when I was younger and wanted to ask something from her

She laughed and touched my cheek ‘I made spicy rice cakes and some of your favorite dishes for dinner…’ then added ‘when will you have a son of your own sungminnie…’

I blushed and shook my head ‘umma, as much as I want to…my schedule wont allow me to even have someone right now, for now just be content with having me as your baby’ I said with a grin

‘ne…like I have a choice my overgrown baby. Oh honey since you’re here can you please call the pediatrician? Set an appointment for kibummie tomorrow’ she said and handed me the cordless phone and a piece of paper with a phone number ‘I have to check my cake’

I nodded as I took the phone from my mother. I was about to dial the number when kibummie, my hyper of a nephew shouted that he found my gift and ran inside showing off to whoever the first person he sees the toy that he has.

I dialed the number given to me and waited for it to ring, and as some girl answered I felt my heart skip a beat the moment I heard her voice…it was achingly sweet and painstakingly familiar to my ears

‘Dr.Lee here, how may I help you?’

I shook my head to gather my thoughts, I had to clear my throat in order for me to talk to her ‘yes, is this Park Kibum’s pediatrician?’ I asked

‘yes, is kibummie alright?’ she asked

‘ne, he’s fine…I was asked to call to set for an appointment for tomorrow’

I could hear her typing something on the computer while she was telling someone to stop eating candies before dinner

‘vinnie, if you eat all those sweets you wont have much room for dinner later…I made burgers and seaweed soup’

‘kay…’

I smiled for I could picture out a little kid about 2 or 3 pouting at the sound of seaweed soup ‘burgers and seaweed soup sounds nice’ I said

‘dui bu qi…im sorry sir, hmm about kibummie’s appointment, bring him here tomorrow at 10am, clinic opens at 9am’ she said

‘kamsahamnida…we’ll bring him there’ I told her then as she was about to say goodbye I just had to ask ‘have we met before?’

‘what? I don’t think so…maybe if you’re one of  the fathers of my patients, maybe sir…but I don’t think we have met before’ she told me ‘vinnie stop eating candies…im sorry, do you need anything else sir?’

‘aniyo..i’ll see you tomorrow Dr.Lee’ I finally said and she ended the call. I was left staring at the phone in my hand, thinking where did I hear that voice, even if she denied it I just cant help myself but feel that her voice was familiar and that we’d met somewhere. I couldn’t forget a voice as beautiful as that, I was observant about little things…

‘could it be…there might be a slim chance that she’s the girl in Kowloon…does she have a son? Who’s Vinnie?’ I asked myself as I slowly made my way inside our garden to find my nephew.

Tomorrow…tomorrow I’ll finally have my answers…this is going to be a very long night…