chapter 8

one drunken night...

dates…dates…why are they asking me out?!

 

It was raining and dark outside when I Lee Sungmin brought me home. We were silent throughout the ride, not knowing what to say and lost in each other’s thoughts. I looked outside the window and sighed, I didn’t know what to say to him…or how to react. How would you feel if you were in my shoes?? How would a girl feel after finding out that the night you never forgot and cherished for the past 2 years for it gave you your son was just a part of a bet 4 drunk men thought about?? How would you feel if the man you thought would be different from others told you that he wouldn’t have approached you if it wasn’t for a stupid bet?? Am I just worth a small amount of money?? Damn them for making me feel like this!! It certainly does a lot to a woman’s self esteem, these guys sure know how to treat a lady…I thought sarcastically.

I looked at him and he was looking at me, he looked very much like his son who was growing up to be a sweet kid and looks up to his father so much, if not for Vinnie I wouldn’t have met up with his dad..

‘I have to go…’

‘wait lin-sshi’ he finally said as he laid his hand on my arm

I sighed and waited for him to say something ‘hurry up please…I have to check on Vinnie…’

He smiled at me showing off an angelic face that could make any woman in a 5km radius faint and think that they have died and gone to heaven. I shuddered lightly thinking that if both father and son will be seen in a public place together the female population would go crazy and that would be so unfair.

‘why don’t we have a picnic this weekend, before I leave…’ he said

‘I’ll ask your son…and where will we have a picnic? Shouldn’t it be just you and Vinnie?’ I asked him

He shook his head and smiled at me ‘aniyo…we’re a family now, we made him together…’

I blushed at his words and it made my callous attitude towards him soften a little but then again what he and the others did wasn’t very easy to forgive…

‘okay…just tell me when, goodnight’ I told him as I got out of his car and ran inside not bothering to look back

**Sungmin’s pov**

I looked at her and had to fight the urge to call her and take her in my arms in a futile effort to take away the pain she felt. He admired her, admire her for her strength…it isn’t easy being alone and with a hyperactive child to take care of and juggling her career as a pediatrician, he could only wish that he was  there for her when she needed someone to be there for her.

I could only imagine how hard it was for lin to raise their son alone and without a husband beside her…yet why didn’t she call me? why did she chose to hide that after that night we were able to make a little angel? Is being with me so repulsive? I sighed as I continued to watch the falling rain outside my car as I tried to gather my thoughts…and when she said that eunhyukkie, siwonnie and fishy are  all trying to ask her out, I didn’t like the feeling. She’s mine…we have a son for crying out loud…why cant they just let them fix things between them?

‘aigoo…I’m so confused’ I whispered as I started the car. I should be sleeping with my family…but then again we aren’t a family in any sense, me and lin are not married, I’m not even sure if we’re friends…yes we have a son but is that enough to consider them a family?

**

‘Dr.Lee? you have a visitor outside, he says he has an appointment and that he called your private line last night’

I frowned as I looked up from reading a book when I heard my secretary say that. I was busy with preparing for a seminar that I was suppose to  attend later today and I couldn’t take a break from what I’m doing.

‘an appointment? My private line?’ I asked as I stood up and went at the receiving area and had to smile at a handsome choi siwon who was busy inspecting the drawings and paintings around the receiving area. He was the epitome of a quiet gentleman raised to woo women and to be a prince  charming to any woman he sees despite the age or race.

‘if I didn’t have a fiancé lin I would’ve dated that man…he’s the iest man in super junior and maybe in S.Korea, I would give anything to date him’  maia, my ever bubbly secretary said in between excited giggles

I grinned and shook my head as I approached siwon, I have to deal with 3 men today. 3 men whom I should be hating but I cant, my son considers all of them his uncles and how can a girl ever get mad to these hmm lets just say blessings to women.

‘siwon oppa…yoboseyo’ I greeted him with a smile

He turned around and grinned at me, his grin was enough to make my secretary sigh but why am I not affected by his oh so y grin and his to die for muscles underneath the plain white shirt he was wearing…why am I looking for an adorable kid like smile that only a certain guy has?? Yup I’m going crazy…

‘yoboseyo lin-sshi, did you have lunch already?’ he asked me as I sat infront of him

I shook my head and asked maia to get us some tea and biscuits, I didn’t want to be rude  for he was a friend of sungmin and I know that they treated each other as brothers

‘I cant eat lunch today oppa, I’m going to be a speaker at seminar this afternoon and I have to rush things’ I smiled sadly at him hopefully he got the message and would just leave…but I owe him an explanation and hopefully he’ll be gentleman enough to accept that.

‘aniyo..thats not good, you should eat lunch, it wont be healthy…you might get sick’ he told me

I had to stop myself from sighing so he wouldn’t be offended…some men just cant take a hint when they’re given one…

‘oppa…tell me why did you call me last night? You were asking for a cardiologist right?’

He looked at me and grinned sheepishly ‘I wanted to see you…’

‘see me? oppa…I know about the bet, I had to insist that sungmin tell me about everything that happened in Kowloon, its only fair that I know what happened then’ I answered him ‘oppa…I’m a mother, I don’t have time for games…’

He blushed and took my hand, if I look at his face it was as red as my favorite cherry tomatoes  and he looked so cute when he’s embarrassed yet I cant find any feeling…a spark or so they said.

No spark…sorry siwon oppa…

‘I know you have a son and I don’t mind…I just want a chance, a chance to maybe win your heart’ he said

‘oppa…I don’t know what to do, I don’t even know what to say. I’m flattered beyond words that you want a chance to be with me or something like that’ I had to groan at my choice of words…am I a pediatrician with what I’m saying for I saw siwon trying hard not to smile and he wasn’t successful in doing so

‘if you want to laugh oppa…please laugh or you’ll end up having gas and gas isn’t good…’ I told him

And he did burst out laughing as I stared at him ‘okay oppa…cut it out’

‘lin-sshi you’re so real!’ he said in between laughs

I raised my eyebrow at what he said ‘real?? Of course I’m -I’m sorry I mean of course I’m real…what are you saying opppa?’

He just smiled at me and said ‘you’re too cute…since you already made a choice I just have to see the cardiologist you’re talking about’

‘are you sick oppa? Seriously sick?’ I asked him worriedly ‘maia, call Dr.Inoue…I have a would be patient for her…’

I stood up and asked siwon-sshi to follow me and he did. ‘I’m going to need a proper exercise for my stressful job, I need an expert opinion lin-sshi’

I smiled and nodded ‘well you’re in luck’ I said as we neared Dr. Inoue Ayumi’s clinic, if I’m right what siwon oppa needs is a love life and a girl who can really appreciate him…and that perfect candidate is none other than Japanese-american cardiologist Ayumi Inoue.

‘Ayumi-san! Konichiwa!’ I greeted her as I entered her clinic, she smiled at me and beckoned me to come inside, she was on the phone and speaking in rapid English and Nihongo.

‘she…she’s a doctor?’ siwon whispered while stuttering all the while, looks like he isn’t immune to ayumi’s charms after all…

‘yes oppa’ I said with a smile ‘wait here alright? I’ll talk to her’

I smiled at Ayumi who was looking at me in wide eyed wonder as she stared at siwon who also stared at her…love, love, love…is finally in the air…

‘ayumi san’

She looked at me and looked back at siwon oppa who waved at her a tad too energetic to suit me ‘hai lin-san, is that choi siwon of suju?’

‘hai, the very same…he’ll be your patient from now on, I just want to hmm introduce him to you properly’ I explained

‘is he sick?’ she worriedly whispered and bowed at siwon ‘he looks healthy to me…’

I shook my head and grinned at her as I turned to leave ‘why don’t you ask him…Dr.Inoue?’ I smiled at siwon who stood up to hug me ‘oppa, I’d leave you in her capable hands now…’

With that said I hurriedly left them alone and prayed that everything would go well between them.

I sighed as I reached my clinic and exhaustedly sat down on the couch and stretched my legs, now that I have taken care of siwon oppa, I have 2 more guys to deal with…Donghae and Eunhyuk. I’m not pretty to get a lot of attention from suju but why are these men interested in going out with me when they know very well that I cant since I’m sort of, kind of, maybe in a relationship with sungmin??

‘my complicated life…1 down and 2 to go…’ I whispered as I looked at the smiling wall clock of spongebob who seemed like he was mocking me…damn spongebob…