chapter 6

one drunken night...

I'm a daddy ^_^

 

I smiled as I looked at my now sleeping baby at the playroom of my clinic. He looked very much like the angel that I knew he is, an angel who brought so much joy to my life and who changed my views about life in general. I wish I can tell him everything…everything about how he was conceived and how his father is a member of a famous boy group and he’s probably the cutest guy in the world in my eyes…damn those Korean good looks and now I’m in korea, how ironic it was that I didn’t want my baby to be exposed to the media and now I’m bringing him closer to his father.

I sighed as I walked back to my table and walk passed my grinning secretary who was talking to her boyfriend on the phone. I leaned back on my seat and stared at the screen on my laptop, I had notes to type for my first patient came in earlier and I know Saturdays was my busy day being a pediatrician. Usually Vinnie is left at home with mama or a-yi but since a-yi is busy expanding her Chinese Restaurant in Seoul while my mama is a very busy businesswoman and since we all agreed that a babysitter isn’t an option I had to take my son at work with me, not that I don’t like having him there but the more that people look at him they all said the same thing that he looked very much like a popular singer…what would happen if I start telling them that Vincent is lee sungmin’s first born. I had to grin at that thought, so much for keeping Vinnie a secret to everyone.

The move from Kowloon to Korea was necessary, it seemed fate. Fate brought me and my son here…was it a sign that father and son will be meeting sometime soon. It was inevitable I know and as much as I want to keep things a secret and maintain a low profile, I cant, it would be unfair to my son and his father. I didn’t want my son to grow up without a father and asking me questions about him when I could’ve let them meet.

‘Dr.Lee, Mrs.Cho’s here with Hana’

I smiled and nodded ‘let them in Maia’

I looked at the file folder on my table and looked up when the door opened. A cute Japanese lady with a very adorable baby in her arms went inside.

‘Hello Mrs.Cho, I’m Mei Lin Lee…’ I said with a smile as I extended my hand in greeting

She smiled at me and shook my hand as she sat down on the chair ‘you were recommended to me by a friend Dr.Lee and I didn’t expect you’d be this young…we’re of the same age I think’

‘why, thank you Mrs.Cho…that’s so sweet of you. Oh you have a very beautiful baby…may i?’ I asked her if I can carry her baby, she was a sight to behold ‘she’s 2years and a half? Almost 3?’

She nodded and said ‘yes she’s mine and my husband’s first born. I’m Ria, Ria Cho…please call me Ria, Mrs.Cho is too formal’

‘I would love that ria, call me Lin…hello there little Hana, I’m your doctor and I hope we can be friends’ I told the child sitting on my lap. Her big brown eyes lighting up in delight as she held my hand in her small dainty ones

‘fwend? Me, Hana…Cho Hana, right mommy?’ she said gleefully

‘hai honey…Cho Hana, daddy will be here with ajeossi Minnie and Kibummie later’ ria said with a fond smile ‘you’re Chinese right? You have pretty blue eyes’

I smiled ‘haha yes I am, we moved to korea a couple of months back, I wish my son had my eyes but he doesn’t’ I told ria as I began to check her very bright daughter.

‘you have a son? Where is he? I bet he’s very handsome’

I nodded ‘he is and he’s driving me nuts, I guess mothers were given loads of patience for their kids when they reach a certain stage when they’re curious about everything’

Ria laughed in agreement as she held her daughter’s hands ‘my friends would love to hear any advice from you Lin, Sammie is 7mos pregnant while Yna is getting married soon…I hope we can be friends’ she said earnestly

‘I would love that Ria, new friends are always welcome’ I told her with a smile

We talked as I checked on her daughter, we moved to the playroom while she waited for her husband and I showed her my son. Hana and Vinnie immediately hit it off and started playing together.

‘he’s very handsome Lin…and bright’ ria said as she took a sip from her tea and looked at our kids playing

‘my pride and joy…I just cant believe how lucky I am to have him as my son. I don’t know where I’ll be without him’ I smiled as I looked at our babies running around

‘hmm…he does look a lot like someone I know lin-san, I’m trying to remember who…’ ria said and added in a shocked whisper as she looked at me ‘do you…are you from Kowloon?’ she asked

I nodded and wondered how the hell did she know that ‘yes I’m from Kowloon..are you alright ria? You look pale’

‘omo…do you own a gold necklace with a pendant…’

‘a musical note?’ I finished for her ‘how did you-‘

She smiled at me and hugged me as she silently cried ‘you’re the girl oppa told us about, he told the 3 of us about you…I cant believe how small this world is’

‘what are you talking about ria, I don’t understand’ I asked her

‘I know why Vinnie looks so familiar, his father is a close friend of mine and I treat him like a brother…lee sungmin’ she told me

I felt the room spin as I looked at the gentle woman infront of me who finally told me the scary truth that someday my son will find out who his father is, though I didn’t really think it was that scary but I was partly afraid of what would happen now that the truth is finally out…

‘lin-san…don’t be afraid’

I sighed and buried my head in my hands ‘for 2 years, I thought what I was doing was right and healthy for my son, I don’t want him to live a life wherein he has to hide in order to go from one place to another…but then I somehow knew moving to Korea was a sign that I have to let both of them meet…’

‘so it is Lee Sungmin’ she told me as she patted my back ‘I couldn’t help but feel sorry for you when you were carrying him for 9mos lin, I cant imagine myself being alone and pregnant…it must’ve been scary’

I nodded and wiped my tears with the back of my hand as I smiled at her ‘it was ria, but I made it…my mother and my aunt was very supportive, I finished med school..vinnie was my inspiration and I would do everything for him…I cant live without him’ I whispered

Ria smiled understandingly ‘sungmin oppa wouldn’t take him away from you…he’s a very kind person and it isn’t fair for all of you if you take the burden alone…both of you made an angel, it’s a wonderful gift’

‘I don’t know how to tell him…I cant tell sungmin yet, please ria’ I told her as I held her hand ‘don’t tell him…let me tell him in my own time’

She looked doubtful but nodded just the same ‘I understand, if you need me, if you need a friend you know my number…call me. vinnie’s life will still be normal, look at my hana, her father is…’

I looked at her little girl who at that moment was busy talking to my son in a language only the 2 of them can understand ‘he looks like cho kyuhyun…’I looked at a smiling ria and she nodded ‘you’re married to cho kyuhyun?’

She nodded and smiled  ‘yes, im married to the youngest member of super junior…my friend Sammie is married to Kim Heechul and now pregnant with their first baby, while Yna is going to marry their leader Park Jung Su…you may wonder why but our lives isn’t always in the media, we manage to have a normal family and married life…I wont say it easy, I wouldn’t say its perfect but we made it work and we’re going to make it work…’

I smiled at her, what she said made me feel better about my situation despite the fact that I don’t know what to do with regards to it.

**

‘you’re a cute baby…I’m Lee Sungmin’

I smiled at the little boy playing with kyuhyunnie’s little angel at the clinic’s playroom while my mama and nephew was inside the clinic of the pediatrician. Kyuhyun and ria were talking to the secretary about their daughter and other stuffs while I was sitting down on the colorful carpeted floor of the playroom and playing with the 2 kids.

He smiled shyly at me and it was weird for it felt like I was looking at myself when I was about 2 years old.

‘whats your name little one?’ I asked him as I held him in my arms while hana was sitting on my lap

‘winnie…oopss vinnie’ he said as he touched the pendant of my necklace ‘mama…mama’s chain’

I looked at his chubby fingers as he played with the musical note, I cant help but smile as he looked at me with such innocent eyes and hell why did I feel that I’m looking at my own reflection…that was just so weird..

‘vinnie? Don’t tire our visitors’

I turned around at the sound of that voice and I felt my chest tighten as I look at her, she looked so familiar…snippets of one wild and drunken night suddenly filled my mind as we stared at each other. She looked older…alluring and mature yet her beautiful ocean blue eyes mirrored his own thoughts, fear…recognition and a shared memory of that unforgotten night 2 years ago in Kowloon.

‘mama! Lookie…a chain like mama’s’ Vinnie said happily as he ran towards his mama…

Wait did he just call her mama…if ..no..it cant be, how can one night…I made no…we made a baby in one night?? I have a son?? A son I haven’t seen in 2 years?? How did that happened?!

‘you ed her idiot!  You ed an innocent girl when you were drunk!’ I scolded myself  as I stood up and moved closer to my…ahh family? I cant believe she hid the truth from me…

‘is he mine?’ I whispered

She looked away and sighed and looked at me again ‘what do you think? I wish he isn’t…but he is…’ she said

‘omo…I have a son?’

She rolled her eyes and kissed the child’s sleepy face ‘no you don’t…isn’t it obvious?? He looks so much like you as much as I hate it, though you have good genes’

I was taken aback by what she said…so I have good genes?? ‘do you want a repeat?’ I

She glared at me and hissed ‘no…I.do.not.want.a.repeat! lets talk about this someplace else…’ she added ‘hold your son…he doesn’t know’

I looked at the sleepy little boy in her arms and took him in mine, he yawned and looked up at me, I was expecting he would cry but he didn’t he just snuggled closer to my chest and let out a peaceful sigh and went to sleep…

‘I’m a father…’ I whispered