Chapter 27

Seoul, Saranghae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun smiled. It wasn't for any particular reason; in fact, no one had even said anything since he was alone right now. Well, not entirely alone – he was riding in the back seat of his manager's car, but the drive back from the airport was a relatively quiet one. Seunghyun was smiling quite simply because he was happy.

 

Yoonho, his manager, saw Seunghyun smiling to himself through the rearview mirror as he drove, and he gave him a look. "So how was your trip?" he inquired.

 

Seunghyun's smile widened ever so slightly as he watched the advancing traffic out the window. "It was really nice," he replied simply.

 

The car made its way through downtown Seoul, but Seunghyun's mind was still in New York. His unfocused eyes landed upon his own reflection on the window, but in his head he saw Natalie's beaming face. He saw her outstretched hand as they had made their way through the city streets, saw her sharing Eskimo kisses with Niko, saw her peaceful expression as he awoke by her side that calm sunny morning. He saw that look in her eyes when they had said goodbye at the airport, when Seunghyun had finally said something he had been waiting for the right moment to say – Saranghae. He had said it almost as an afterthought, without quite realizing the words that were coming out of his own mouth. But that didn't matter; Natalie didn't even have to hesitate before saying it back. I love you. That was the only thing that he felt was needed to be said. That, and, See you soon.

 

Even if the time between them was indefinite, soon was good enough of a word. Boarding the plane, Seunghyun wasn't sad like he had been the last time he and Natalie had parted. In fact, he felt happier than he did when he first left for New York. His beating heart felt light and buoyant, like it was full of helium and ready to float away with the breeze he stepped out into after the van pulled up to the FT Island dorm.

 

"That's alright, hyung, I've got it," Seunghyun took his luggage from Yoonho's hands as he pulled it out from the trunk. After he had hauled it inside, Seunghyun closed the door behind him, sighing contentedly. It was good to be home.

 

The thudding of footsteps sounded from within the apartment, getting ever closer to where Seunghyun stood while he removed his jacket and shoes. Minhwan's head suddenly popped out from around the corner, and a grin spread across the maknae's face.

 

"SEUNGHYUN'S HOME!" he announced to the world, or at least the members that could hear him, and he pulled Seunghyun into a hug.

 

Seunghyun embraced the drummer with a laugh, "You missed me, right?"

 

"Come on, come on, everybody's off from schedules," Minhwan pulled him further inside, and they found the other members relaxing in the living room like usual.

 

When he entered, Hongki immediately hopped out of his seat and wrapped an arm around Seunghyun's neck, pulling the younger into a playful chokehold as he ruffled his hair. "Almost thought you were gonna run off to America without us," he joked, then finally released the struggling Seunghyun, who straightened his shirt with a smile.

 

"No plans for elopement just yet," he laughed, and Hongki nodded, "Good to hear."

 

"Welcome back," Jaejin greeted him as well, and when Seunghyun glanced over to him on the couch, he realized that there was another guest.

 

"Oh, hello," he said in surprise, noticing Eunji for the first time. His look of confusion was met by Jaejin's bashful grin.

 

"You've missed quite a bit while you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter