Chapter 1

My Bestfriend's Crush

“Krystal!” I waved at my best friend with a grin who, as usual, looked like a princess among peasants in the school uniform that looked like a prison uniform on every other girl of DaeSun-HakGyo. But this was a given thing to everyone else, because of course, she was Krystal Jung.  She was just one of those girls who was born pretty and with the admiration of everyone around her. I was used to it. She was used to it. Everyone was used to it. Yay.

 

“AMBEEEER!” she pushed her way between the crowd of students waiting in line to get their schedules and smothered me with hugs. “Ack…!” I gasped for air, because I literally could not breathe. “Do you mind…?” I tried to squirm my way free of her hold like a little worm in the claws of an eagle. Well, maybe that was an exaggeration of the whole situation, but still. She let me go with a pout and I dusted my pink skirt and dark, navy blazer.

She took her nail filer out of nowhere and started filing her already perfectly-shaped nails with a grin. “Why don’t you do something productive as the daughter of the chairman of the school? Like maybe, I don’t know, ask your dad to change the girls’ uniform into shorts?” I suggested.  Krystal arched a brow, putting the nail filer away. What? It's a good idea, mkay? "Okay, impossible. What about the colour? Can you at least change the colour into something that doesn’t make me want to puke?” I tried again. Krystal looked at me like I was not in my right state of mind. I sighed in surrender. Oh my God, why do I even bother? “I thought you liked the colour,” she squeaked. I rolled my eyes. It was just like her to twist something she said into something that I said. The only time I’d ever wear the colour pink was at school, which was sadly every day of my life.

 

“Well anyway, I’m not going to make your negativity blow my happy mood,” she said dismissively, smiling to herself like a mental person as she held her schedule up above her head. “What? What’s that?” I tried to snatch the paper off her, but she moved her hand and poked a tongue out at me. I narrowed my eyes at her and she just laughed.  “We’re in the same class again this year!” she cried. I was unimpressed. Obviously. “Yeah, just like every other year for the last four years of our high school lives. So?” I asked, still failing to see what was so special. Being in the same class as Krystal was one of the perks of being the daughter of the chairman of the school. Chairman Jung knew how close we were and made sure that every year we were in the same class together. Krystal gave me a sly smile and indicated with her finger to come closer. I leaned my ear and she covered as she spoke.

 

“And so is Kris Wu,” she couldn’t help keep the giggle in her voice. I withdrew and gave her a ‘not-amused’ look.  Krystal looked at my reaction disappointingly.

 

“Really, Krystal? Really? You’re still in-love with that jerk?” I said in monotone. Krystal looked at the ground. “He is not a jerk! He’s handsome, popular, smart…”  “…has no inkling of human emotions…” I butted in. Krystal looked up and gave me the scary eyes.  “He’s just the silent type, okay? And besides, you know that’s not true. He has friends,” Krystal shrugged.  “Correction; it’s friend. He only has Luhan who’s been with him since the dawn of time, and even then it’s only because Luhan's friends with everyone. The rest of his 'other friends' he only gained because of Luhan. He probably feels sorry for Kris and just puts up with his crap,” I folded my arms as I muttered away.

 

“You know what? Just stop it. I haven’t been in the same class as Kris since year 5 and I’m excited that I get to be with him in the last year of our high school careers. Don’t ruin this for me,” she said in a sharp tone, in which I just rolled my eyes in irritation in response. “Ugh, fine,” I said. “But don’t expect me to help you get closer to him, okay? It’s in my New Year’s resolution not to put up with your obsessive Kris Wu stalking,” I warned her.  Krystal shrugged casually. “Okay then. You can forget about me helping you solve this whole secret admirer mystery too,” Krystal just gave me a smile and a nod.

 

 

I knew that I was about to break the first thing on my New Year’s resolution.

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Word count     771

 

(A/N) Mmkay, how's it so far?

KRIS♥ He's so pretty...