Chapter 3

My Bestfriend's Crush

“So what, Amber? Are you up for it?” Krystal looked at me with those widened eyes of hers hopefully. Uhm, NO. I sighed as I rolled my eyes away impatiently. This girl really can’t understand the situation. “Sweetie, how many times must I tell you?” I held her hands in front of me and looked at her earnestly in the eyes. “I am not going to do this again with you,”  I said carefully putting massive spaces in between each word so that her brain could digest what I was trying to say to her and hopefully be able to process it. Krystal shook my hands off and pouted, throwing a tantrum. I just laughed at her silliness and rested my chin on my hand.

 

Since Valentines’ Day was near, the school had already given out the Valentines’ Day Lollipops to the students. What we do with them is completely up to us; we could eat it ourselves or give it to our ‘special someone’. Krystal gives hers to Kris (duh!) every year. I eat mine because I decided long ago that that would be the best way to get rid of it and I think it is such a stupid way to show you like someone, but despite this, I always get exactly three Valentines’ Day Lollipops every year. I don’t know who gives them and frankly, I don’t really care either, because if I start caring, I'll only get a headache from trying to figure out who they are, just like how I get headaches from trying to figure out who does all this 'secret admirer' stuff for me. I'd like to think that they only dump their lollipops on me because, like me, they think it's the best way to get rid of it. Besides, everyone knows I don't make a big deal about this stuff anyway, so I'm probably their best bet.

 

“Amber,” Chanyeol approached us and sat across me, putting his red tray down and pushing it in front of me. I eyed the food on the tray and a grin quickly spread across my face. Potato wedges and sour cream dip, chocolate mousse, strawberry & cream slice and raspberry milkshake!  “Manhi meogeo*~” he gave me an eye-smile. I looked up at him in disbelief.“Really?” I my lips unknowingly. He seemed amused and nodded. “Waaaah~!” I tried digging in right after making this weird noise, but I paused for a while because I had no idea where to start. The chocolate mousse was really screaming my name, so maybe I’ll just...

I turned around, annoyed at the distracting murmurs and rumblings coming from the crowd that seems to have formed around the table across us. “Ugh! Can you do that when I’m finished eating?” I growled, but no one seemed to care. “Omo, really? Waah, Hyorin is really something!” I heard one of the idiots from the crowd mutter in awe. “Hyorin? Lee Hyorin?!” Krystal echoed to herself. “What’s going on over there?” Chanyeol asked. Before I could shrug and state that I didn’t really care, Krystal already spoke. “It looks like Hyorin is confessing to Kris!” she gasped, like one of those reporters on CNN.

 

Wow, I didn’t need to ask which Kris they were talking about. There’s only one Kris who always seems to manage to ruin everything for me. I sighed as I put the chocolate mousse down and turned around to see what all the fuss was about. I groaned inwardly. Night as well just enjoy the show, since I can't enjoy the food right now.

 

Luhan looked at the girl I’d seen before in some of my Calculus classes with a small, polite smile unlike Kris who was slouching on his seat, tapping his fingers on the table, not even looking up at the girl who stood in front of him with a letter in hand. That's right. That's how things are. Luhan is the gentleman. He's dorky, but he's a gentleman. A smile crept up to my face. And Kris. He's an . He's a good-looking , but he's still an . I sneered. Chen tried to look like he couldn’t care less, but he’d occasionally steal a glance at the girl and then chuckle in mock with Tao, Lay and Xiumin before continuing with their lunches. It might’ve been mean, but no one could really blame them. Hyorin was pretty stupid for trying to confess to the Kris Wu.

 

“I…didn’t think you’d give me a letter in reply,” Hyorin said shyly, scratching the side of her head. She was overloading with aegyo that I thought I was going to puke. Kris took a sip from his drink before putting it back down on the table without a word. “Can I…read it now?” she squeaked in question. He didn’t even glance up at her. That . Hyorin opened the envelope with a dreamy smile that quickly fell when her eyes roamed the paper.

 

Some other moron snatched the paper off her and started to read it, and Hyorin couldn’t react fast enough from shock. “Waah, daebak*!” the guy’s eyes widened in astonishment. “Kris graded her love letter a C-!” he waved the paper out. Reaction from the crowd spread like the Mexican wave. I clenched my fists into a ball to prevent myself from throwing a punch at the idiot who told everyone and the jerk who graded someone’s feelings.

 

Kris Wu, for the first time throughout the whole ordeal, looked up at the teary-eyed Hyorin without any notable expression on his angelic face. “I fixed it up for you,” he said. “So you know what standard a love letter should be in.” My eyes widened and I fought back the scream that was itching to jump off from the back of my throat. People muttered as they all scattered away. The show was over.

 

I turned around and started munching on the potato wedges since they were the closest to me. God, I swear I could just beat up that pretty face of his! That moron! I fixed it up for you. So you know what standard a love letter should be in. What the flipping heck?! He made it sound as if he was doing her a favour by correcting her grammatical mistakes. He is such a jerk! He doesn’t deserve people’s admiration for him! Is he even human? It’s hard to think so. Probably not. He might look like an angel on earth, but he seriously has the crappiest personality ever recorded in history. He's more like...the angel of darkness.

 

“Y-yah, slowly,” Chanyeol muttered---almost squeaked---passing me the orange juice. I just put the OJ down and glared up at Krystal who withdrew when I gave her the evils. “And I’m guessing you still want to do it?” I arched a brow, talking with my mouth full. Krystal gave me an aegyo smile and nodded. Oh God. I drank the orange juice empty and then placed it on the table with a thud. I let out a small burp, which was unladylike, but whatever. Chanyeol and Krystal almost jumped. “Fine,” I told her.

 

“Let’s go steal some Valentines’ Day Candy.”

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Word count   1,196

 

*Manhi meogeo - literally means 'Eat a lot', kind of like the 'Help yourself' phrase.

*Daebak - Awesome

 

(A/N) :D ... I have nothing to say. I'm socially awkward.

 

Ooh, wanna see Kris' y modelling? :D

 

Thanks for all the comments guys! **^^