Chapter 4

My Bestfriend's Crush

­­­­­­­­­­­­I peered my eyes on the lookout for any signs of Kris and Tao. Seriously, being tall had its cons too. Everyone makes it seem like it's such a good thing, like it's a walk in the park, but HEEELLL NOOO. Like for example,my eyes wouldn't have had to suffer by  spying on two of the most desired guys in our school outside the pool’s men’s changing room, probably half-, if I was short. That was a con. A HUGE con.

 

“Krystal, it’s not too late to rethink all this,” I turned and whispered, almost in a begging tone.  Krystal clicked her tongue in annoyance and pushed me back against the wall.  “Really, I need to study-----“ “Study? Who’re you kidding?  You’d probably be cooped up in some corner drawing right now if you weren’t here,” she giggled.  I frowned.  “Don’t say stuff about my hobby!” She had the nerve to shush me, that girl! I scoffed in utter annoyance.

 

Ugh, this is just too perfect. The precious free period that our teachers gave us to use wisely by studying was being wasted.

Kris and Tao decided to use their free time for a dip in the pool (Only God knows how the heck they managed to get permission for that. It’s either Tao used his branded Gucci to bribe them or Kris used his bish face,) which seems way more normal than what Krystal and I were trying to do. And as for us? Well, we were stalking them of course! How productive.

 

I found myself gasping and having to cover my mouth when I saw the two friends walk out of the changing rooms semi- in their swimming trunks that were clinging on to their shapely bodies like a second layer of skin. Kris was ahead of Tao by a few steps, and they said nothing as they walked in a cool manner across the hallway until completely disappearing to the other side of the doors which led to the pools. I rolled on my back and closed my eyes as I tried to calm my heart down, which was apparently affected by the sight of those two pretty boys, much to my annoyance.

 

“Amber!” Krystal shook my shoulders.“Amber, what’s wrong? Are they gone?” she asked in a low, cautious but incredibly annoying voice. Oh geez, if only I was in my right state of mind, I would definitely have pulled Krystal’s long hair already. It was her fault for making me see things I definitely did not want to see.

 

“Amber!” she tried again. I shushed her irritatingly. Krystal shut herself up for a minute and decided to wait for me to be ready to speak. “They’re gone,” I told her quietly. Krystal beamed and gave me a nod towards the men’s changing room. Oh God, don’t tell me she’s thinking of doing that. There’s got to be some kind of limit for this whole crazy stalking thing, right?! I shook my head desperately. I refuse to believe that I was thinking what she was thinking.

 

Krystal nodded with a grin and I didn’t even realize that we already came out from behind the safe haven of our wall and was out in the open, making our way towards the men’s changing room because Krystal kept poking me to that direction. I looked back at our wall and bid it farewell in my mind. I stiffened as I came face to face with the door that had a clear symbol of a man on it, indicating that it was a Men's toilet and that no Woman was allowed in it. “Get in,” Krystal shoved me over; making me trip and push the door open as I stumbled to the other side of it.

 

 

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how Amber Liu became a ert who sneaked into men’s changing rooms.

 

 

“YAH…!” Krystal had the guts to hiss shush at me even after what she did. I fought back the urge to yell at her face. After all, if we get caught now, then we really will be dead. Krystal’s connections might not be enough to help us get out of that mess either, if ever a situation like that should occur. I didn’t even realize that Krystal was already going through Kris’ bag until I turned around and caught ping it. I practically sprinted to her side and did not stop myself from pulling her hair. She even had the face to whine at me. “Yah! What are you doing?” I tried to speak in the quietest manner, but that really wasn’t working out much for me. “Amber, you knew before coming here that we were going to do this. This is kind of the reason why we’re here,” Krystal said, her eyebrows docked. “Oh My God, I can’t believe we’re risking out assess for a stupid Valentines’ Day lollipop,” I mumbled, folding my arms and taking a step back from my mentally unstable friend.

 

Krystal looked up for a split second and gave a face before busying herself with Kris’ stuff. She was pulling out all sorts of things from his bag; his thick chemistry books, his lunch, his notebooks, his water bottle, a couple of pens, but no Valentines' Day lollipop. “Ugh, where is it?! Krystal whined. “Don’t make a mess…!” I told her, giving her a motherly slap on the arm. “I don’t think it’s here,” Krystal whimpered. I was about to suggest that we just leave, and I wished I did exactly that instead of pulling out the red, heart-shaped lollipop in a clear plastic wrapping that was stuck in between his Biology and Algebra books the moment I saw it. Krystal’s eyes widened in delight and she looked at the thing on my hand like how a puppy would to a bone. “Yah, were you even looking properly?” I smacked the lollipop on her head. She pouted and rubbed the part I hit. I eyed the lollipop. I missed my study period for this…

 

Hey, what do you think you’re doing?” Just then, the door flew open and I heard an all-too familiar voice. It wasn’t the door that we came in, but the other door on the other side of the changing room that was the long way around to and from the pools. My heart stopped beating, my eyes stopped blinking and I just stopped breathing. Everything just stopped. “I'm talking to you two!” It was definitely Tao, not Kris. Thank God he was facing our backs and couldn’t see our faces, just our stiffened bodies. Krystal was frozen too, and she gave me a sideways glance for help. I bit my bottom lip, trying to control my annoyance at the whole situation that could easily have been avoided if I hadn’t agreed to her plan or if I didn’t pull the candy out of his bag.

 

I heard two pairs of footsteps coming towards us, so I figured, conveniently, that Kris the jerk was there too. Despite this, I was thanking God in my mind that the men’s changing room was so big it took them a while to get to where we were. “Krystal,” I breathed. She looked at me, obviously scared. “Run in the count of three,” I said.

 

The footsteps were getting nearer. I don't think counting up to three is really necessary at this point.

Let's just skip the '1' and '2' part, okay?

 

 

“Three!” I yelled, pulling the wrapper off the lollipop and stuffing the candy into my mouth. “Hey…!” I heard Tao shout after Krystal, who ran towards the other door where Kris and Tao entered. I ran towards the doors that Krystal and I entered, knowing very well that it was Kris’ job to go after me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Word count   1,297

 

(A/N) I haven't been able to reply to all your lovely comments, but I am reading them!

Sorry for that! ;;^^ KRISBER FAN ART! ;O

SO CUUUUUUTE T^T