Chapter 2

My Bestfriend's Crush

I gritted my teeth behind my tight lips. It’s okay, Amber. It’s just for homeroom. Yeah, right. Why do I even try to feed myself this crap? Grr. I clenched my fists into a ball, trying so desperately to keep it in. I looked to my left. The guy on top of my hate list sat there looking ahead, his dark brown eyes bored of probably every single thing in the world. He slouched in his chair in a way that infuriated me, because he made it look cool; his blonde hair looked lighter with the light streaming on it from above his head.

 

God, I swear. Of all people, why did it have to be Kris Wu? What did I ever do to deserve this? I gawked up when he looked at me and I found myself looking down at my desk. Ugh! I hate myself for giving him the courtesy of being intimidated by his intense stare. I am such a . How disappointing.

 

I looked over my shoulder and saw Krystal sitting just two seats behind me, bot really listening to whatever it was that our homeroom teacher Jang-seonsaengnim was saying. Don't blame her. She wasn't the only one who wasn't the least bit interested in what the old maid did on her holidays. Krystal spotted me, and then looked to my left at the person sitting next to me. I glanced over at the blondie to find him already looking back at me. I blinked twice. He just looked down, seeming amused with a smirk on his face, before turning his attention back to the front of the class. What was that? I shrugged it off, shifting my gaze back to Krystal again. She looked close to tears. I tried to hold myself back from rolling my eyes. I bet she wished that we swapped seats as much as I wished that we swapped seats.

 

I noticed the person to her right was Chanyeol, who was one of my best friends and who I hadn’t seen the shadow of since the summer holidays because he went to Jeju-Do for a vacation. My eyes widened in delight and I waved my hand at him. Chanyeol was already looking at me and waved both hands at me with a cute smile. I grinned widely.

 

“MISS LIU!” Holy heck.

 

I jumped at the sound of a loud smack on my desk. Jang-seonsaengnim looked at me sternly with her hands on her hips. I wasn’t really intimidated by her, but I learnt over the years that it was best to act that way as to not further the teacher’s anger. “Yes, Jang-seonsaengnim?” I squeaked. “Tell me; when is the Annual Valentines Celebration going to be held this year?” she demanded. Oh, crap. How come I don’t know this one?

 

“It’s going to be celebrated two weeks before February 14th because the seniors are going away on camp,” the jerk on my left suddenly spoke up. I furrowed my eyebrows as he gave me a bored glance, and then looked away. “Well, yes…” Jang-seonsaengnim muttered. I guessed she was just as shocked as everyone else because for the first time in the history of mankind, Kris Wu actually answered a question in class time, not because he was expected to, but he did so voluntarily. Jang-seonsaengnim cleared as she walked away from where I was, completely forgetting about me. I hate to say it, but I think Kris Wu just saved me.

 

 

Ugh, I’m starting to get a headache.

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Word count     575

 

(A/N) You guys have been getting ' New Story Updates' notice and then it trolls on you, right?

image

 

Sorry, I keep forgetting to press on 'Hide Chapter' .__.

image