Chapter 10

My Bestfriend's Crush

I took one last peek over my shoulder before sitting back up. Aaaaaaaaand they’re still there. How sad.

 

“Well, aren’t you popular,” Kris-the who got me into all this in the first place-Wu smirked as he sat on the ground incredibly close to me that our shoulders brushed against each other’s and I started getting goose bumps all over. “What are you doing here?” I awkwardly stammered, trying to move away a bit from him. “I thought you might need some help,” he said, scooting in closer. Grblegrblegrblegrble----------- “Why would I need help?” I snorted unattractively. “Oh, so you don’t need my help? Okay then, I’ll just-------“ “Wait!” I held onto his arm and pulled him back down out of reflexes. This jerk; leaving me behind to feed to the piranhas. I could swear I saw him look at my hands wrapped around his elbow, look up at my probably flushed face and then smile. Naaaah, it’s probably just my imagination again. Heh.

“G-get rid of them for me,” I stuttered, not looking him in his eyes ‘cause I’d feel even more insecure. I know, how is that even possible? “What?” he asked softly with an amused look on. You idiot, stop tilting your head cutely and trying to make me look into your pretty eyes. “P-please…” I mumbled. “I need to go to class.” Even though I don’t really want to.

“Screw class,” he said. Whut. “Look, at this rate, we’re never going to have a quiet day. It’s better if we just skip classes today until everything settles down then come back tomorrow.” Kris Wu; always the logical one. Maybe it wasn’t a very mature statement, but he made sense. I wrapped my arms around my legs. “So, what do we do now?” I wondered out loud. I may not seem like it, but I’m a goody-too-shoes, y’know. I’ve never skipped classes before.  I heard Kris heave a sigh before grabbing my hand WITHOUT my permission and said, “I’m hungry. Let’s grab some ddukbokki.”

 

 

 

“Ahjumma, eolmayeyo?”

I chewed the ddukbokki slowly; inspecting him, examining him. How weird… “What, you’ve never seen a guy pay for ddukbokki before?” he snaps me back into reality with his -y tone. “Or are you mesmerized by my unearthly good looks too like the rest of them are?” he smirks at his own remark. How the hell can someone keep a straight face and say they have ‘unearthly good looks’ as if it’s a fact? Well, maybe in Kris’ case it’s a fact, but still.

“No, ew,” I stuck a tongue out, earning a hearty laugh from the narcissistic jerk. “But it is the first time I got a guy to pay for my ddukbokki without having to headlock him first,” I said. He chuckled as he tucked his wallet into his back pocket and I just kept staring. It’s really weird… “Okay, what’s up?” he sighed but seemed to be patient with me and my dorkiness once we settled into one of those seats with the cover thingies that the ddukbokki ahjummas set up for customers.

“No matter how I think about it, it’s really weird,” I said. “I mean, no one knew where we were yesterday. No one ever goes to the back of the school building just because. And who would leak a stupid rumour like this?” The bish-faced dude just stared at me. Is he even listening? “Like, come on. You and I… I mean me and you…” I couldn’t finish my sentence. “It’s just…impossible.”

“Why?” he snapped, raising a brow. Oooh, scary. “Well, for starters, we don’t even talk that much,” I began slowly. “And besides, we don’t even like each other that way, so yeah pretty much.” I shoved three pieces of ddukbokki in my mout in one go so I have an excuse not to talk because I had a feeling that I just made things extremely awkward. That and I was really hungry.

 

“So in what way do we like each other then?”

Whut.

 

I choked a bit back there, and Kris patted my back gently. I did not see that coming. I just blinked at him, still trying to chew the food down. “I…uhm…” Damn it. “I don’t flipping know,” I said in surrender. “We like each other as friends, I guess…?” I said slowly, looking up to watch his reaction. His face seemed to relax a bit, then like the bipolar that he is, he smiled at me and my heart went haywire again. Freaking heart, stop freaking out.

 

“You’ve got a…uhm…” He leaned forward towards my face and ran his thumb across under my lower lip. What the flipping flip?! FYI I am a black-belter in taekwondo and I would’ve taekwondo-ed his right there and then if I actually minded what he was doing. I stayed completely still because even though my mind was inwardly yelling at me to pull away; my heart, my body, and my whole freaking being was telling me otherwise. Majority rules.

Besides, why would I want to move an inch when everything seemed to fit so perfectly together?

 

 

~o~

 

 

We’re friends, she said.

I wonder if she knows what that mere statement meant to me; what kind of affect it had on me. It might not be the answer I was hoping for, but it hell was enough to make me feel like squeezing her tiny frame in my arms and throwing her up in the air with joy. She looked so incredibly adorable trying to stuff her face with ddukbokki. “You’ve got a…uhm…”

I couldn’t stop myself from wiping the gochujang off her chin, just under her cute lips. Feeling her smooth skin against mine, I did everything in my ability to pull myself away from her, because if I didn’t, I probably wouldn’t have had the capacity to hold back from kissing her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, as planned, I went to school (Yay) but I really did not expect that they were still not over the whole rumour thing. Sigh. But then again, you can't expect retards to change in a day can you?

Kris is okay, I guess. He's not that bad. He's still an , methinks, but he's not as bad as I thought he was. We're actually friends now. I mean, anyone who gives me food is my friend, so...heh. Krystal was a no show and as for Chanyeol...I haven't seen him either. I wanted to talk to Luhan about the crap that's being going around, but for some reason, stupid fate wouldn't let me. When I tried to talk to him on breaks, he's either at the school committee or practising for soccer, so in the end I just gave up. I could always just text him, right? So yeah, I decided to do the right thing and eat, because eating was the only rightest thing I was sure of at that moment.

And, would you believe, I sat next to Kris?

Ugh, whatever, don't think too much of it. I just had no one to sit with, that's all. And besides, what's wrong with sitting with your friends, right? But apparently there was a million and one things wrong with that, according to DaeSun-HakGyo's 2000+ students, since they won't even let me freaking eat my chicken burger.

 

“Fine, you guys want the truth?” he said, clearly pissed off, which was understandable. He swung his arms over my shoulder effortlessly. I blinked at him twice, still trying to register what was happening.

She’s my girlfriend,” he said, before looking down at me. I did not know how to react. My head felt like it was flinging itself against my skull. What…the heck did he just say?! Kris, you .

 

The whole room was filled with shocked gasps and protests.

WHAT?!

You’re kidding, right?

Amber Liu? For real?

Oppa, tell us it’s not true!

Amber, what did you do to our oppa?

We’ve been loving our oppa forever and he’s too good for you.

You don’t deserve him!

That is gonna die in my hands.

 

Head…flinging…onto my skull… “What? No! Of course it’s not tru-----“ Kris puts a hand over my mouth to keep my opinions muffled. This crazy son of a-------- I grabbed his hand and twisted it towards me, making him groan in pain. Everyone gasped again but I couldn’t give any less crap about them. I am so sick and tired of this. “No, we are not together. Why the heck would I hook up with a guy like him?” I screamed. “What are you saying?” the crazy fangirls (and fanboys) shouted back at me. “I-------“

What she’s saying is she’s actually with me,”

 

My jaw dropped as I continued to stare at the second blonde guy today who tried to claim that they owned me. Great. Real smooth, guys. Just keep them coming.  “Luhan…!” my brows knitted together. What the heck is he doing?! He turned to give me a small, gentle smile. Luhan then turned to look at Kris but by the time they were staring at each other, Luhan’s small smile was already gone and Kris’ lips were pressed into a thin line as he narrowed his eyes towards his friend. Uhm, okay. Weird.

“What? Oppa, not you too!” the fangirls whined. “No, of course not,” Luhan retaliated. “You girls aren’t really in love with us, so don’t use that as an excuse to bash Amber. It’s female nature to hate on other girls who are more beautiful than them.” Uhm. Ahem. Luhan turned around to give me a cheeky smile, not caring about the fangirls’ reactions. “So stop spreading stupid rumours like these and hurting people who don’t deserve to be hurt. It makes me sick.”

Luhan grabbed my arm, but Kris grabbed his arm. Staring competition.

 

“I still meant what I said though,” Kris looked Luhan straight in the eyes as if this whole thing only involved him and Luhan with those scary intense orbs of his, but Luhan didn’t look the least bit intimidated.

“She really is my girlfriend.”

 

 

And with that, he yanked Luhan’s arm off mine, laced our fingers together which perfectly fit each other’s like a puzzle, and gently pulled me along with him as we made our way out of the cafeteria.

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Word count   1,717

 

(A/N) Okay, so how was that?

tumblr_m547qwsWEx1ro0dzho1_500.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO.

 

I haven't updated in a million years and I come up with this crap. /sigh/

It's actually exams week and here I am, on AFF, distracted by Krisber and all it's fluffy perfness. /double sigh/

Oooh, and thanks to all you lovely subbies who haven't left me and/or have just subscribed to this.

I love you like Kris loves Amber and like Amber loves Kris.

6876497.gif

 

 

Here. Kris gives you guys a flower. /sprinkles magical fairy dust/