Chapter 8

My Bestfriend's Crush

It’s the Annual Valentines’ Day Lollipop-giving/sharing Day. They really should make up a shorter name for that. I mean, really, do we need that many ‘days’ in an event name? While people were busy around the school giving lollipops to their significant or would-be significant other, I was too busy contemplating over what Kris said to me the day before.

 

“You should join the art club,”

 

I banged my head on the desk. His deep but surprisingly warm voice has been echoing in my head over and over for the last 24 hours, but that’s not the annoying part. Every time these words ring in my head, I could just imagine him giving me the sweetest small smile ever, and for some reason he was sparkling and cherry blossoms were falling in the background. You know, like how they do in Japanese shoujo mangas.

 

I shot right up, gasping. What’s this? Am I really…thinking of Kris Wu? And in a nice way, at that? No way! I covered my ears and shook my head profusely. Absolutely no freaking way…

 

“Amber!” Krystal poked me at the side, making me jump in the process. “What?! Go away!” I mumbled, lying on my desk half-dead. She banged on it continuously until I couldn’t take any more of it. “Get up! Hurry!” She pulled on my arm. I let out a dying whale sound before complying with her wishes.

 

She dragged me out of class and jogged down the hall. I could see the crowds of girls who were ‘hiding’ in places here and there. They were whispering and giggling like the fan girls they were. I rolled my eyes. I know what this it about…

 

“What’s wrong?” Krystal asked. I dazed out for a bit there. “Come on, let’s go. We’ll miss it!” she said, pulling my arm again and I just let her. Okay, so I haven’t seen Kris since the day before when he looked at me with that killer smile of his, softly encouraging me to do something I admit I’ve dreamed of before but never thought to be possible for me. So what? Right?

 

We stopped as we hid behind a post, not too far back and with a pretty good view too. Kris was there, looking bored as usual in front of his locker in contrast of all the giddy fan girls surrounding him. I don’t blame him though, After four years of the same thing, this stuff kinda loses the element of surprise over time. Girls were pushing through to get a good view of the show.

 

One of the annual ‘traditions’ fan girls had at DaeSun-HakGyo was to watch the flower boys’ reactions when they open their lockers and the Valentines’ Day Lollipops come flooding out. Those flower boys are usually from the soccer team and the most popular ones with the biggest crowds are usually the Almighty Kris and Shining Soccer star Luhan. Kris looks around him with a blank face and sighs subtly as he opened his locker. Well, what do you know? Hundreds and thousands of red, heart-shaped lollipops came flying out from his locker and onto the floor. Wow. Congratulations, fan girls. Now you guys are officially known as litterers too. Save the earth, people.

 

Kris stared at the floor as he buried his hands in his pockets. I don’t think he plans on picking any of them up. He kicks one out of the way and gets back to taking books out of his locker. You could hear the groans of dismay from the girls. Is it wrong of me to feel happy that he just ignored the lollies? I sniggered to myself quietly. SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME----------

 

“Gege!” Tao and Xiumin suddenly appeared outta nowhere. Tao put an arm around Kris who didn’t even wince. “What you got there?” Xiumin kicked the candies on the floor. Kris didn’t answer and closed his locker with a small thud. “Waah, how come I never get as many as you?” he pouts at the lollipops like they were such a waste. “It’s ‘cause of my baoxi face, isn’t it?” Xiumin cried so cutely and puffed his cheeks. No, Xiumin. You’re cute. It’s just that this world is mucked up and girls prefer bad asses over honest, decent guys like you. Tao ignored him and was already one step ahead of him. He was on the floor, picking the lollipops up with a grin on his face as if it were treasure. There’s a smart guy who knows how precious sweets are.

“Yah! What are you doing?” Xiumin whined, slapping him on the back. “Don’t worry; Gege doesn’t mind. Besides, we all know he only wants the lollipop from her.”

 

 

Tao suddenly looked up towards our direction and smiled his e smile.

 

What the heck? Why is he looking this way? Go away, turn around, don’t look at my face. Seriously, you think you're the only one who knows martial arts? I can taekwondo your back to China any time of the day. I choked up. He can’t possibly mean…?!

 

 

My heart skipped a beat. Xiumin tried to contain his giggles with Tao. I stared at Krystal in shock. She was frozen too; her eyes widened in delight. I don’t know why, but I shifted my gaze to Kris. I guess I was curious on what he has to say. He was looking at me already with those pretty, intense eyes of his again. My heart was going crazy again. I bit my bottom lip. It would’ve been best to just look away so my heart would finally stop beating so hard, but I was determined.

 

I waited. I waited for him to say something. Anything. But instead, he just broke off his stare and looked away, walking off without a care in the world. “Kris!” Xiumin ran after him and Tao quickly picked the last of the lollipops up before catching up to the two older boys.

 

“Amber, did you hear what they just said?!” Krystal gasped. I found the sense to look at her and sighed, once my heart started calming down. “Yes,” I said. “Kris is waiting for your lollipop and is most likely head-over-heels in love with you too. I get it. Now shut up.” I knew I had to say those words (minus the sarcasm but whatever) as some kind of acknowledgement towards my bestfriend. What I don’t get is why there was this sudden choking, tight feeling in my chest when Kris didn’t say anything. When he just walked off without an explanation. When I realized…that Kris was also in-love with Krystal.

 

 

 

----------

 

 

 

I looked over my shoulder. She was standing there just behind the post, rolling her pretty eyes at her annoying bestfriend cutely, probably without knowing it, as her bestfriend told her about things I wasn’t close enough to hear. She turned to look at me, which caught me off-guard. For a split second, we stared at each other before she broke it off with a sigh. I kept walking.

 

 

She still doesn’t get it. She’s still so clueless.

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Word count   1,173

 

(A/N) THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TO ALL MY SUBBIES!

SURPRISE PRESENT FOR YOU GUYS: THE VIDEO THAT MADE ME FURTHER CONFIRM MY KRISBER BEING REAL THEORY LOLOLOLOLOL

It's SMTown in Seoul, KeyKrisBer's 'Like A G6' performance.

 

 

0:42 Amber tells Kris to come closer.

0:47 Kris gets choreography wrong.

0:49 Kris crosses over to Amber and tries to touch her chin. She avoids with an annoyed look. *couple's fight? lololololol oh how I wish*

0:50 Camera man probably ships KrisBer and zooms the camera in at Kris' gummy, smiling, teasing face when Amber avoids his hand annoyed.

 

 

You might have trouble seeing it, but there're other fan vids and gifs on tumblr that are close enough for you to see. I just can't find it right now. (T^T) *sorry*

ANYWAYS I COULD NOT STOP SPAZZING AT THIS WHEN I SAW IT.

I SHIP KRISBER THAT HARD.