Chapter 6

My Bestfriend's Crush

“Krystal, can we skip this whole stalking thing just for today? It was only yesterday that we almost got caught."

“Amber, please! This is their first practice the whole year! I don’t want to miss it,” she begged. I sighed, frustrated, and she started giving me the puppy eyes. Ugh. I’m going to regret this. “Five minutes.” I rolled my eyes, letting her drag my corpse of a body happily towards the soccer field. “See? What’s the point in trying to resist when you’re coming anyway…” she giggled quietly. I’m starting to regret it already.

 

I sighed, trying to bow my head down as low as possible to hide my face. We made our way up the bleachers and tried to sit away from all the screaming fan girls who took pictures of the idiots who were dubbed ‘school heroes’ for kicking balls into nets because as you would know, that’s how fan girls’ lives work. They stalk their crush, follow them around, take pictures of them, edit it at home and post it up on tumblr for other fan girls to see, spazz about and reblog. Wait, no, I think I just described a stalker. Oh well, what’s the difference?

 

“I don’t think it’s a good idea to hang around them after what happened yesterday,” I told her in a low, cautious voice. “I mean, what if they recognize us?” The crazy girl ignored me and cheered the soccer guys on with the rest. She was caught up in her Kris Wu fantasy world again where he’s the perfect all-around guy she liked to call ‘Kris Charming’. I scratched the side of my head half in annoyance and half in surrender. I’m not gonna get through her so I might as well just do homework or something that wouldn’t be a complete waste of time. I got out a pen and my Algebra book.

 

Okay, first question.

f(x)= 2x + 2 and g(x)= x² – 4x + 2…

 

Homework = complete waste of time. What was I thinking? OMG.

 

I slowly looked up from my book and started watching the game. Luhan had the ball, jogging towards the end of the field in a cool manner with his big, round eyes fixed on it intently. I bit my bottom lip. He saved me yesterday and it annoyed me to no end. It’s not that I’m not thankful and it’s not like we weren’t friends anyway; it’s just that I felt really indebted to him. I know I shouldn’t be feeling that way because friends shouldn’t count what one did for the other. It’s like the legit unwritten law of friendship. But I did and it bugged me.

 

He was trying to get away from Xiumun and Chen who were tailing behind him closely. Luhan signaled for Kris and passed him the ball immediately. Kris’ reflexes were sooo good cause’ he caught it even at a last minute notice. He debated whether to pass it to Lay or not because Tao was in his way. In the end, he made the kick for the goal and scored.

 

The fan girls went wild. Krystal went wild. It made me who was the normal one out of the bunch look like the weird one. I just sat there, pretending to be unamazed. I sighed to myself unknowingly. He is pretty desirable if you look at him from this angle…

 

I shook my head, laughed and started clapping like a retarded seal. What was I thinking just now? I just meant that I’m not completely clueless on why Kris has so many admirers. Tall, good-looking, mysterious…but serious personality disordersIf he could only fix that, then… I shook my head again and this time added a face palm in too. What the heck?

 

I looked up and followed Kris’ every movement. The way his dirty blonde hair blew in the wind. The sweat running down the side of his handsome, pale face. The intense look in his eyes which sat under his thick brows. I noticed EVERYTHING, but it took me a while before I noticed the fact that my heart decided to go crazy and not listen to my head again, doing its own thing by getting incredibly excited like it owned the place. Ugh, dammit. I put a hand over my chest. Shut up, shut up, shut up…!

 

“Amber, what’s wrong?” Krystal asked. I looked around me like I was an alien life form in an unfamiliar planet. Why am I standing up? Everyone was staring at me. Even the fan girls paused to gape at me and my weirdness, which was really saying something since not a lot of things on this earth can cut them off from their obsessive fan girling. Awkward.

 

I pounded on my chest twice to let my heart know that my brain was in charge. I’ve got to get out of here.

 

“Ugh, I said five minutes!” I stammered in the most embarrassing way, biting my nail. “I’m going,” I said, scurrying down the bleachers and completely forgetting about my book. Why am I so shaky? What the heck is wrong with me? Why am I in such a hurry?!

 

“Oh, shh---!“  I stepped with the wrong foot and was about to step down on to the grass, but I failed at falling over because the pretty blonde guy from the soccer team came and caught me in time. I slowly got up and he steadied me by my arms. I couldn’t help drowning myself in his light brown eyes. I was drawn to them because they were pulling me in.

 

Xi Luhan just caught me again.

 

“Careful,” he said with a smile, letting go when I was up again. I got a grip on mself. “I am,” I said ever-so sarcastically, dusting my skirt off of any imaginary . “I meant with your language,” he arched a brow playfully. I made a face. “For your information, I was going to say ‘sugar’,” I said. That's right. He bursted into laughter, throwing his head back.

 

“Mm-kay,” he nodded once he’s what most people would consider normal again, not really looking convinced but he leant over to dust my skirt anyway. “Watch where you’re touching!” I slapped him on the arm out of reflexes  and before I caught myself. “Mweonya? You ungrateful little thing! How dare you slap our oppa?” Fan girls behind me were yelling curses.

 

Luhan just laughed even though it was totes not funny I shot him a scary glare. “The court has spoken,” he shrugged with a small smile. I just rolled my eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I pulled the grass off from the face of the earth bunch by bunch. “So what? You watch soccer games now?” Luhan spoke behind his cheeky smile. I ignored his statement. “Is it just me or is Amber Liu acting completely un-Amber Liu-like?” I looked up and stuck a tongue out. “You have approximately a minute to say ‘I told you so’. After that, I can’t guarantee that I won’t be sending things flying towards your pretty, pretty face,” I said, which sounded like an honest-to-God, friendly warning, but for some reason Luhan cracked up laughing. “I take it back; it’s still you,” he said. “Damn right,” I muttered. He chuckled. I looked up at Luhan carefully who was looking ahead with the most peaceful, content smile I’d never seen him wear before. He looked…really happy…

 

I dropped back when he suddenly looked up at me. I hit myself in my mind. Get a grip, Amber! “Aren’t you going to ask about what happened yesterday?” I started cautiously. Luhan just gave out a little laugh. “No, not really,” he replied. “Well, whatever. I’m telling you anyway.” I dismissed his invalid comment almost immediately. (As far as I was concerned, it was very, very invalid.) “Why would you wanna do that?” he asked with a small smile. “Because I feel like I owe it to you,” I answered quickly and to be hinest, without thinking much either. “I just feel like… I have to tell you…”

I would be immensely grateful if someone could come swooping in on the scene to shut me the hell up because I obviously couldn’t stop my freaking mouth from spewing crap out.

 

I gazed up and Luhan was staring back with his pretty eyes. I gulped awkwardly. “Actually, I’m not a kleptomaniac; we just wanted his candy,” I admitted, “His candy? You mean Kris?” “SHHHHHHH!” I hissed, putting a finger over my lips. He chortled at my face before trying to be serious again and very much failed at that too. “Yes, Kris. The one and only Kris,” I mumbled under my breath. I was actually expecting Luhan to ROFL or LOL but he didn’t. Instead he just kept this blank, bish face on that was a far cry from the smile he was wearing before. What’s his deal? Before I even had the sense to ask, Luhan’s already plastered the biggest, toothiest fake smile ever. “Hey, don’t you think that’s going a bit too far?” he said. “Wait, no, it’s not me who wants it! It was Krystal,” I waved my hands up in the air. Luhan lit up and his smile turned into a genuine one as he gazed at me warmly.

 

I mouthed the word ‘what?’ to him. He just shook his head and messed up my hair. “Aigoo,” he smirked. “Don’t get into too much trouble! What would happen if I'm not there the next time around?” “Yah!” I yelped irritated, running my hands through my short hair.

 

Luhan just gave me a satisfied small smile before getting up to join the rest of his team after the coach’s umpteenth “Luhan, if you still want my dinner treat then get your down here right now! Save all the bromance for later!” If you were wondering, he was implying that the bromance was between me and Luhan, therefore I too was a ‘bro’. I swear if that coach wasn’t coach, I would’ve beaten the old man to a pulp already. (Violent much eesh -_-)

 

I got up and searched the empty place around me. The fan girls were dissipating away as the soccer guys were already out of sight. And so was my so-called bestfriend Krystal. That ungrateful little----!

 

My phone beeped and I took it out to check it.

 

Photobucket

 

 

This ditcher. I rolled my eyes as I tucked my phone away. Looks like I’m walking by myself today.

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Word count   1,781

 

(A/N) Long time no update, yeah? LOL, sorry sorry! *doing SuJu's 'Sorry Sorry' dance*

To make it up, I'm gonna try to update twice today ^^::