Chapter 7

My Bestfriend's Crush

“Why did you throw it away?!” she whined in my ear. Telling Krystal about the candy was a bad idea. I thought I’d for a while before actually telling her cause’ I thought it’d be more fun that way but it totally backfired 'cause now she won’t shut up about me not finishing the lollipop and binning it instead. I wriggled my earlobe and stopped in the middle of the road, annoyed.

 

“Because, Krystal, I felt sick having something that’s Kris’,” I shivered all over. It felt like creepy crawlies were all over me. “Then you should’ve given it TO ME!” she cried. I looked at her in horror. Krystal pouted and held onto the straps of her backpack.“That thing has been inside my mouth,” I said“That thing was from Kris,” she countered, like what I just said was invalidThis crazy bi-----

 

“YAH!” I shouted. “If you want it so bad, then go get it from the trash!” I withdrew and took deep, calm breaths. Krystal looked at the people around us who were staring because they had nothing better to do with their sorry and pitiful lives and she started bowing apologetically at them, embarrassed. She tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear and then turned to me with dagger eyes. “Keep it down, will you? It’s embarrassing!” she hissed behind her gritted teeth. “Keep it down, will you? It’s embarrassing!” I mocked her with an ugly face. “Yah, you should be more embarrassed about the way you’re acting and the things you’re saying right now,” I said, back to my normal, y voice.

 

“Now I have to go study in my own precious free time,” I muttered, kicking a pebble on the middle of my track. “And all these books are so heavy…” I tightened my grip on my backpack’s straps. “Omo!” Krystal gasped. “I forgot my books!” I rolled my eyes. “No wonder my bag’s so light!” she said. “That’s what you get for thinking too much about that jerkasaurus-----“ “I’ll be back, ‘kay? Wait there!” Krystal turned and started running towards the school like a freaking bird, flapping her arms all over the place. People around her laughed and smiled cutely at her aegyo like they usually do, because she’s Krystal Jung. If I was caught running like a bird, people would probably laugh their asses off, and then when they’re back to their senses, take photos and put it up on their blogs with the caption ‘Retarded Bird on the Loose!’ I sighed as I watched her disappear. Might as well wait then…

 

I walked towards curb of the road, opening my backpack and taking out my sketch book. I haven’t drawn anything the whole day and it just felt really weird. I looked down in search of my pencil. Where the heck is that thing…?

 

“Ah, crap!” I suddenly yelled out as I collided onto someone really tall. I looked at my sketchbook on the ground. Aw, that’s just great. I knelt down to pick it up, but the tall guy I bumped into got down first. “So sorry, bro,” I muttered, embarrassed. “I wasn’t looking and yeah, I’m a bit stupid like that------“ He got up; still holding on to the book, revealing under that mess of blonde hair that it was, in fact, the guy I really didn’t want to see. “K-KRIS WU?!” my jaw dropped and I wouldn’t have closed it back up if some sort of fluffy dust hadn’t made its way in. Or was it a flying bug? I choked. I don’t even want to think about it. GROSS.

 

Kris didn’t even look up, and instead flipped the pages open without permission like a bawss. Doing whatever he wanted again, I see. I fought the strong urge to roll my eyes. “Uhm, not to be rude or anything,” I said, obviously being sarcastically rude. “But if you’re done with my sketchbook,  can I have it back please?” I arched a brow, arms folded in mock. That little bastard ignored me! He pretended not to hear me as he inspected my drabbles with his intent gaze, page after page.

 

Suddenly, his lips curved upwards. HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL AND BUDDHA AND ISIS AND ALL THE OTHER HEAVENLY BODIES UP ABOVE. Wha-what’s this? Is he…smiling? Is that a smile on the ever-so expressionless, bish-faced Kris’ face? I looked away and put a hand over my chest. My heart was beating weirdly fast again. Just like when I was watching him play soccer the other day. And that time when I locked gazes with him in the school garden after being saved by Luhan. I didn’t like it very much. Stupid heart, STFU.

 

He looked up at me, his eyes sparkling subtly and I completely froze. “You’re still so good at drawing,” he said, handing me the sketchbook. I gaped at him like an idiot for a while before actually taking the thingy. I awkwardly started staring again, and Kris just looked back firmly before chuckling. CHUCKLING. A synonym for LAUGHING.

 

“You were always so good at drawing, even when we were little,” he explained. I finally listened to the little voice at the back of my head that told me to get a grip. “Well, I like drawing,” I muttered quietly, holding the sketchbook close to my chest. Why am I so awkward? FACE-PALM. He smiled crookedly. “Yeah, I know,” he said. I usually have comebacks for those kinds of things. Something like, ‘Are you a stalker?’ or ‘OH REALLY? TELL ME MORE’ would’ve been good, right? But for some reason, at that moment, I had lost myself and had no idea how to reply.

 

“You should join the art club,” he suggested. “Psh, yeah, if I had the guts to,” I snorted in a very unattractive way without really thinking much. “I mean, what if they reject me? I’m someone who can’t take constructive criticism very well.” And then, Kris did what I never thought he’d done before in his 18 years of existence on the face of the earth.

 

Kris Wu actually laughed.

 

You can just imagine how surprised I was. The probably demented look on my face and lips that took the shape of an ‘O’ must’ve been too hilarious for him. Even I laughed at myself by the way my heart started going berserk again. He saw my face and then stopped. I cleared my throat, blinked twice, and then pressed my lips closed firmly. I tried to look as normal as possible but my heart was still going BA-DA-BUMP-BA-DA-BUMP.

 

“Come on, Amber. Not everyone in the school are idiots,” he said. “I’m pretty sure people know how to appreciate art when they see it.” I awkwardly stared at him for a second because I still didn’t know what to think about the whole situation. That and we have the same theory about the school being a bunch of idiots.

 

He called me Amber. He remembers me from when we were little. He smiled. He chuckled. He laughed.

 

What was I supposed to think?!

 

 

 

 

He sighed softly, and he had his trademark expressionless, bish-face on again. “So I guess I'll see you around?” he bid me farewell when he realised how awkward it’s gotten, but the way he said it made it seem like a question; as if he was asking for my permission to see me again. I was too confuzzled to refuse, so i just gave him a dazed nod. His lips slightly curved into a small smile first before he turned away. I watched his back as he walked off coolly, his bag lazily hanging over his right shoulder while his left hand was tucked in his pocket. Is it just me or did Kris Wu seem like a normal person just now?

 

“Amber,” Krystal snapped, appearing next to me out of nowhere. “What?” I muttered. Her eyebrows furrowed. “Are you okay? You seem a bit dazed,” she said. I scoffed. “Me? Dazed? Not in a million years, sweetie,” I flushed. "Then why is your face crimson red?” she laughed. DAFUQ? I touched my cheeks with the back of my palm to double check. “Wait a sec,” Krystal began with ‘the look’ on. The kind of look that lets me know she was going to say something smart, which almost never happens, but when it does, the impact hits me hard. I braced myself. “Something happened, aye?” I kept my lips closed. “Oh my Gosh, did you meet your secret admirer?!” she gasped in excitement before fangirling.

 

Before I could react, she went on and on, yapping yet again. “I only ever see you like this whenever you get something from him. What did he say? Did he finally man up and got guts to see you face-to-face?” she grinned.

 

Did she just…compare my secret admirer to that Kris? SHE DIDN’T.

 

“No!” I stomped my foot. “If you’ve got everything you need then let’s go home!” I shoved her lightly down the road. “But-----!“ “CASE CLOSED” I said.

 

Krystal bit her bottom lip but it wasn’t long before she opened her large mouth again. “Seriously though, you look like you just got something from him. It’s the exact same reaction you have on your face. You start going red and stammering like a shy, giddy school girl and stuff. What is it? I promise not to tell! Not even to Chanyeol!” she begged. “Krystal,” I said dearly. “SHUT UP.”

 

Exact same reaction? PFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTT. Don’t make me laugh. No, really, don't. I refuse to acknowledge that Kris Wu has the same impact on me as my secret admirer. Why? Because they’re completely two different persons.

 

 

 

That I’m sure of.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Word count   1,574

 

(A/N) Longtime no update, lolololololololol. Even then, I don't know how I managed to gain so many subs for this story.

Thank you and I'm sorry. T^T

Anyways, I hope you guys liked this Krisber chapter and yeaahh..... :P

Oh, I wanna share this vid where Amber talks about Kris being her ideal type without actually saying his name lolooool she might as well have just said it though 'cause, seriously, it was too obvious.

 

GAAAH MY KRISBER FEELS ARE JUST EVERYWHERE...........EVERY-FREAKING-WHERE! (T^T)