The Sickness

I Couldn't Care Less

 “STAY STILL!!” Sehun hollered at a bouncing up and down Luhan.

I can't brush your teeth if you're bouncing like that,” Sehun snapped.

 

The drunk boy stopped - eyes wide, innocently staring into Sehun's. For a second, Sehun forgot how to breathe. Those eyes....GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF SEHUN!

 

Sehun shook his head and continued brushing Luhan's teeth. (The older boy demanded that Sehun brushed his teeth or else he won't go to sleep). Normally, Sehun wouldn't care if Luhan went to sleep or not, but after remembering that he shares a bed with the boy, Sehun figured that if he wanted some sleep, he'd need the older boy to be asleep as well. He begrudgingly obliged.

 

After struggling for ten exhaustive minutes trying to get Luhan into his pajamas, Sehun finally got the boy to bed. He turned off the lights and lay down. Today was a long day and he was spent.

 

Sehun was just about to close his eyes when something poked him in the cheek.

 

Ughhh....what do you want?” Sehun moaned.

 

I can't sleep,” Luhan whimpered. Says the guy that wanted to rest on the kitchen counter a while ago.

 

I think I'm sick Sehunnie...” He hiccupped.

 

Idiot, you're just drunk.” Sehun turned his head to face his still-wasted roommate.

 

Luhan shook his head like a child.

 

Recently, my body has been acting strange..like my heart would start racing whenever I was near...” --he blinked multiple times at Sehun-- “it would beat so fast that I was afraid it'll pop out of my chest! Breathing would be almost impossible. My whole face would feel warm suddenly like someone had pushed my face near an open fire. And my body would feel this burning sensation, but not the bad kind of burn, Sehunniee, the good, tingly kind. My palms would start sweating, and my knees would feel weak...this has been happening a lot lately.”

 

He looked at Sehun, eyebrows arched in confusion.

 

Why am I like that, Sehunnie?” He placed an arm on Sehun's torso and inched closer, hoping for a small hug.

 

How the hell should I know? Just go see a doctor,” Sehun replied as he pushed Luhan's arm away.

 

What if the doctor can't cure me?” Luhan asked with sadness written all over his face.

 

Well then you're screwed. Now SHUT IT and go to SLEEP. Sheesh.” Sehun turned away from Luhan.

 

Before succumbing to sleep, Sehun heard Luhan mumble something from behind him. “I am most definitely screwed.”

 

That night Sehun dreamt that he was chasing a particular deer through the forest. The deer was acting weird because it ran away in a zig-zag pattern, bouncing every so often, even hitting its head against a tree. How odd...

 

He soon caught up with the deer and when Sehun got close enough, he noticed that the deer had hazy-looking eyes. He laughed. It was, without a doubt, a drunk Bambi.

 

 

The next morning, Sehun woke up first. He looked over to his left – a mop of tangled honey colored hair was poking out of the covers. He's going to really need that hangover soup.

 

Care to explain what happened to Luhan last night?” Kris calmly inquired. The hyungs were all there at the breakfast table, staring at Sehun (judging him).

 

I was trying to have a drink but the baby-faced dimwit came running in and stole my soju,” Sehun explained as he helped himself to some eggs and sausage.

 

Why would- he stop you- from drink-ing?” Xiumin asked with his mouth full.

 

He said something about me being underage.” Sehun shrugged. How should he know what goes on in that adorable fool's head...

 

Chanyeol cracked. The tall boy was now banging his fist on the table, laughing ridiculously. After wiping his tears, he looked at Sehun and asked, “Why didn't you tell him that you drink liquor like a boss? Heck, you're only second to Kris hyung when it comes to handling alcohol.”

 

I tried taking it away from him, but he was pretty strong. I didn't know he was going to get drunk from 1 freaking bottle--”

 

Morning everyone,” Luhan timidly greeted when he entered. The boys all turned to look at him, taking in his disheveled appearance.

 

Morning hyung, here I got your soup warmed up for you.” Kyungsoo led the boy to an empty seat and placed a bowl of hangover soup in front of him.

 

Thanks Kyungsoo.” While Luhan was finishing his soup, he didn't dare look at any of the other boys. He just kept his head down, trying his best to silently slurp his soup. It was cute, to say the least.

 

Finally when he was done, he looked up, now aware that his friends were all eyeing him intently – waiting for his next move.

 

Ahem.” Luhan cleared his throat. “I'm sorry about my behavior last night, though I don't quite remember, I'm sure it was embarrassing. I'll refrain from drinking in the futu--”

 

KYHAHAHAHAHA!! Hyung, it's okay! We had fun watching you make a fool out of yourself,” Chanyeol loudly exclaimed, giving the older boy a wink.

 

Oh god. What did I do?” Luhan face palmed. The corner of Sehun's lips tugged upward slightly at the sight.

 

Nothing to be ashamed of,” Baekhyun answered with a sweet smile.

 

You were just very touchy, but otherwise, nothing crazy. You should see Chanyeol drunk, now that's a disaster. We had to buy a new kitchen table afterwards,” Lay added, earning a slap on the arm from Chanyeol.

 

Yeah you were an adorable drunk,” Tao reassured him. Luhan rubbed his head, he was still feeling the after-effects of drinking. How was he going to take notes in class?

 

Wish you hadn't drink on a school night huh?” Sehun teased. The older boy shot him a “this-is-all-your-fault look. Sehun smirked.

 

I'll go get ready.” Luhan sighed and left the kitchen. Sehun ran after him. Holding his wrist, Sehun turned Luhan around to face him.

 

Do you remember what you told me last night?

 

Hmm?”

 

About your sickness...”

 

Luhan's eyes narrowed, cheeks tinged pink. “N-nope. I don't remember, he stuttered. 

 

Sehun raised an eyebrow. “Make sure to go see a doctor. It could be serious,” he said before leaving a visibly flustered Luhan.

 

******

 

Weeks later, Luhan was gradually coming to the conclusion that he was falling for Sehun, whether he wanted to or not.

 

Whenever he got a text from the boy (demanding bubble tea), his stomach would do somersaults and he would involuntarily smile, despite the thinning of his wallet. And if he doesn't receive any texts from Sehun after awhile, he would start to worry.

 

At school, oftentimes he finds himself looking for Sehun, hoping to have lunch with him or at least a little chat (the maknae wasn't very chatty though). It doesn't matter, Luhan tells himself, as long as I get to see him... 

 

It was even harder for him when they were at home. During breakfast and dinner, he would sit directly across from Sehun so it would be less noticeable that he was secretly admiring the latter. At night, he would clutch his right hand over his chest, feeling his erratic heartbeats. He turned to his right to find Sehun's back facing him. Can he really not hear it? It's so loud....

 

Only after Sehun has fallen asleep, does Luhan breathe normally again. I seriously need help.

 

Hmmm. Hyung, I think you're just stressed. A good book could relax you,” Suho suggested after Luhan told him about the symptoms he was experiencing (leaving out the part that those symptoms were caused by a certain house member). He went to the library the next day, checked out a novel, and read it, but it didn't help.

 

Must be from all the sweets you eat hyung,” Kyungsoo reasoned. “I can blend you some vegetable juice--” Luhan left Kyungsoo without a word -- he was not that desperate...not yet.

 

You just need to get some fresh air. Go outside more. I suggest the park near our house,” Kris said while flipping through the channels. “Do you want to come with me?” Without looking at Luhan, he simply answered, “Maybe next time.”

 

You know what could help you out of this slump? Shopping. A brand new set of clothes and a gorgeous bag always make me feel better,” Tao chirped. Luhan groaned. Why did I even bother asking?

 

Is this a trick question, hyung?” Chen asked, eyebrows arched. Luhan sighs. “Never mind Chen.” 

 

 “How about doing something to get your mind off of the thing that's bothering you? Like dancing,” Kai pointed out. He then gave Luhan a private dance lesson. And even after taking painkillers (thanks to the dance boot camp Kai put him through), his feelings for Sehun were still there.

 

Hold on. Let me look this up on the internet,” Xiumin told Luhan as he began typing on his laptop. “Okay, what are your symptoms again?” Luhan sighed. “Forget it Xiumin. It's useless.” I've already tried the internet.

 

Hyung, it doesn't sound like you're sick. It sounds like you're crushing on someone,” Lay said after pondering for a long time. “Whattt?” Lay shrugged. “I tell it how it is.”

 

Luhan decided that since he couldn't alleviate his “problem,” he needed to face it head on. He swallowed and knocked on the door of the room next to his.

 

COME IN,” the Baekyeol couple ordered from the inside. There's no turning back now. Luhan opened the door and stepped in, a little apprehensive.

 

As he was telling them about his situation, purposely not naming names, they kept nodding; Chanyeol even wrote something down.

 

Well hyung, this is a classic case of one-sided love,” Baekhyun declared.

 

One-sided love?”

 

Yes....unless the other person likes you back?” Chanyeol inquired. Luhan shook his head. No way.

 

What should I do?”

 

Baek and Chanyeol looked at each other for a second and nodded -- silently communicating. Chanyeol then handed Luhan the piece of paper he was writing on before.

 

What is this?” Luhan read the bold words on top of the paper. His eyes widen. 

 

Is this really going to work??” Luhan asked incredulously.

 

We're a couple now, aren't we?” Baekyeol chimed. They started giggling and rubbing their foreheads together. Luhan resisted the urge to fake vomit.

 

Okay. I'll give it a shot.....”

 

 

~~~~~~ LOL @ Kris' "Maybe next time." Exotics know what I'm talking about ;) 

So Luhan is going to actively pursue Sehun, with the help of the Baekyeol couple. How will this go down? Double update coming your way!! (Do comment.. I like to know the reaction my readers get from reading the chapters..hehehe) ^_^