The Breakfast Club

I Couldn't Care Less

Ughh that jerk of a roommate Luhan cursed as he woke up and felt his whole body aching. His back was painfully stiff from sleeping on the hard floor. The darn sleeping bag didn't help at all. Luhan got up expecting to see a sleeping Sehun, but instead saw a messy empty bed. Disappointed, he went to grab his clothes from his suitcase deciding that he'll unpack later. For now, he was in need of a shower. As he got ready to walk out of the room, he spotted a teal hoodie in the dirty clothes hamper. Luhan instantly thought of the owner of the hoodie, who was most probably trying to avoid him. Doesn't matter because I will give you a piece of my mind sooner or later Sehun! Luhan fist pumped the air at the thought of evening the score with the ill-mannered younger boy.

 

The other boys, with the exception of Kris, were sitting around the kitchen table enjoying a lavish breakfast (courtesy of Kyungsoo) when Luhan came downstairs.

 

Morning hyung!” Chanyeol happily shouted a little too loud considering the fact that it was 7 in the morning. Baekhyun giggled at his boyfriend's enthusiasm while a still sleepy Lay smacked Chanyeol upside the head, clearly not happy with the sudden rise in noise level. Baekhyun instantly glared at Lay for hurting his Yeollie. 

 

Morning guys.” Luhan walked over and took a seat next to Tao, who was putting jelly on his toast. Luhan helped himself to some scrambled eggs and orange juice.

 

Want some toast hyung?” Tao asked.

 

Mm yes.” Luhan was beginning to really warm up to Tao, who he finds quite adorable despite his intimidating appearance. As he handed Luhan two pieces of perfectly crispy toast, the older boy couldn't help but notice Tao's prominent eye bags. He looks like a lovable panda.

 

Tao, did you get enough sleep? You look tired,” Luhan inquired.

 

Chanyeol chuckled. “Hyung, he always looks like that. Sharing a room with Kris hyung will make anyone tired. ”

 

Tao shot him a serious look (almost like a death glare) causing Chanyeol to immediately look away, averting his attention to anywhere else but the younger panda. Luhan laughed, causing everyone to suddenly look at him.

 

You guys are so cute,” Luhan said with a large smile plastered on his face. To the other boys, Luhan looked like a child who was smiling because someone had given him an endless supply of candy.

 

Are you really 21?” Chen asked. “I won't believe it until I see some ID,” he said matter-of-factly. Chen was used to being tricked by his hyungs, which explained his constantly suspicious demeanor.

 

Don't be like that Chen Chen,” cooed Xiumin as he affectionately pinched the younger boy's cheek. Chen lightly blushed, completely dropping the topic of Luhan's age. 

 

Everyone ate in silence for awhile (minus Chanyeol who was slurping his soggy cereal). Luhan caught Suho peeking at Lay multiple times behind his newspaper. Hmmm..Suho and Lay as well?

 

Uhh...Luhan hyung, what's your major?” Kai shyly asked after being nudged by Kyungsoo, who was presumably encouraging the quiet boy to make small talk with Luhan.

 

Luhan noted that despite looking like a charismatic, “life of the party” playboy, Kai is actually quite shy. He gave him a warm smile and replied, “Sociology.”

 

Having made small talk with the new housemate, Kai sighed in relief and looked at Kyungsoo in a “now where is my reward” way. Kyungsoo patted his head and handed the boy a new plate of pancakes decorated with a smiley face made of whipped cream. 

 

Where is Sehun by the way?” Luhan suddenly asked (not that he was worried about the rude maknae).

 

He has an early morning Composition class today and probably won't be home till much later in the evening,” Suho answered after putting his newspaper down.

 

Oh. I see,” Luhan simply said. He was full, and judging from how everyone else had empty plates, they were too. Luhan thought his first breakfast with his new housemates was delightfully pleasant (most likely because Sehun wasn't here to ruin it).

 

Suho then got up and started taking the finished plates to the sink. It was his turn to wash the dishes. He turned to face the group and asked, “Shouldn't we wake up Kris now?” Everyone, with the exception of Tao and Luhan, noticeably tensed.  

 

I nominate Tao for that prestigious task!” Chanyeol exclaimed while the other boys nodded in agreement.

 

Why do I always have to do it?” Tao pouted.

 

Because you're his roommate,” Lay deadpanned.

 

And because you're the only person he won't kill,” murmured Chanyeol. Luhan was sure Tao didn't catch that last part because he just crossed his arms across his chest and huffed.

 

Fine. I'll wake up Kris hyung.” Tao said with a voice that was trying to sound reluctant. Secretly, he liked being the only person who could wake up Kris. As soon as he walked out of the kitchen, the other boys let out a sigh of relief. A dangerous task successfully evaded. 

 

Together the boys walked to campus, which was just 5 minutes away from where they lived. They were all joking and laughing along the way and Luhan felt like he fit right in with this unique group of boys.

 

He considered himself lucky to have found such amazing new friends – with the exception of his roommate of course.

 

 

~~~~~~ Short chapter, but it took me forever. I wanted to showcase the other pairings :D but more Hunhan is coming up in the next chapter. 

Spoiler: Luhan is going to actively even the score between Sehun and himself. Muahahha. :P