The Truth

I Couldn't Care Less

 “Uhhh...do you mind getting off now?” Sehun groaned underneath Luhan.

Huh? Oh...yeah....sorry.” Luhan blushed furiously. He quickly got up and off of Sehun, avoiding any eye contact. What's wrong with me?

 

Sehun stood up and rubbed his back. The floor was a lot harder than he expected.

 

Irritated, he barked at Luhan, “Next time watch where you're going!”

 

Sehun pushed pass the older figure, whose cheeks were distinctively pink, and went downstairs.

 

Luhan stood there for a minute as if frozen in time. His heartbeat was still racing but slower than it had been a moment ago. His hands slowly cupped his cheeks, feeling the exact spot where the strange warmth had been. The warmth was no longer there. Luhan frowned. I must be sick. Luhan shook his head and slapped his face. Snap out of it.

 

By the time Luhan got downstairs, everyone was already comfortably seated and Kris had just press play. Luhan decided to sit near Chen and Suho, who were conveniently the farthest away from Sehun, who was sitting on the floor next to Kai.

 

The movie ended and Luhan had no idea what it was about. Something about superheroes, but he wasn't sure. To be honest, Luhan couldn't even keep his eyes on the screen for long. His big brown eyes would automatically dart towards the maknae every now and then, making it impossible to focus on the movie.

 

Luhan concluded that he was just tired, so after brushing his teeth, he got into bed and went straight to sleep- thoughts about a certain someone still swirling in his mind.

 

The next morning Luhan tried his best to avoid Sehun, who didn't notice nor care that the older boy was acting strange. Every time Sehun came near him, Luhan would yelp and walk away. Luhan figured that until he understood why his body was reacting the way it did whenever Sehun was around, he must keep away from the younger boy.

 

What should we do today?” Xiumin asked after breakfast.

 

Let's go shopping,” Kris suggested.

 

Tao nodded. “Great idea hyung. I need a new Gucci bag.”

 

The other hyungs rolled their eyes.

 

How about the park? It's nice out, and we could use some sun,” Lay recommended.

 

Yes. Excellent idea, Lay.” Suho smiled.

 

Nooo. Let's go to the amusement park! Luhan hyung hasn't been there yet,” Chanyeol exclaimed with his signature creeper smile. “We'll have a blast-”

 

I think we should do something productive, like take a cooking class,” Kyungsoo interjected.

 

And why would we need to take a cooking class when having you cook is enough?” Baekhyun countered.

 

Think about it, you freeloaders. If I was not around or if I get sick, who would cook for you? No one. Then all of you would starve.” Kyungsoo crossed his arms with a smug face.

 

Hyung, there is this thing called 'take-out'. We can just order food,” Kai said matter-of-factly.

 

And there's always cereal and ramyeon,” Chen added.

 

Kyungsoo just stared at his friends, dumbfounded. “Oh so I guess I'm not really important to--”

 

Spare us the mushy stuff,” Chanyeol interjected. “Now have we decided on where we're going?”

 

All of the members started arguing, with the exception of Luhan who just sat and watch, and Sehun, who looked unconcerned.

 

Mall.”

 

No. Park.”

 

Noo. Gucci.”

 

Nooo. Cooking class.”

 

Noooo. Amusement par-”

 

Here's an idea – how about you each do your own thing?” Sehun finally spoke, having enough of his hyungs bickering. “Where is the rule that says we must all do something together? Just go and do whatever you want for goodness' sake.” With that he his heel and left the room. His hyungs were idiots and he couldn't be bothered.

 

He does make a good point,” Xiumin announced.

 

Okay, it's decided. We each do what we want to do,” Suho concluded with a bright smile.

 

Everyone agreed and started heading out the door.

 

Is it alright to leave Sehun home alone?” Luhan asked, a tad bit worried about leaving the younger boy.

 

Nah. He loves it when we're not around. 'More peace and quiet' he says,” Baekhyun answered, closing the front door behind him. Luhan looked back at the house before he followed Xiumin and Chen to the market. I hope he's not lonely.

 

Grocery shopping with Xiumin and Chen was more fun than Luhan had expected. They would pile junk food into the cart, claiming that it was “on sale” and went to get more. Luhan didn't stop them, instead he grabbed his favorite snacks and threw them in the cart as well.

 

Later at home, after Kris had complained about the excessive amount of junk food and Kyungsoo had given them a lecture on healthy eating, the boys decided to grill some samgyeopsal (pork belly) outside on the patio. Luhan was just about to bite into his third piece of delicious samgyeopsal wrapped in lettuce when Suho asked him to get Sehun. Reluctantly, he went upstairs to face the maknae he hasn't seen all day.

 

Sehun was in their room with headphones on, doing something on his tablet. Luhan tapped his shoulder.

 

Come down and eat samgyeopsal with us.”

 

After making a fuss about how Luhan is always bothering him, Sehun got up and stretched. AAAAHHHHHH!! Luhan screamed in his head when Sehun's shirt lifted up a little, revealing pale, smooth skin. Look away!

 

His eyes frantically wandered around the room. Breathing was starting to get difficult and his heartbeat was racing again. This isn't good. He spotted the tablet. Thinking that it'll keep him distracted, he reached out but before he could make contact, Sehun slapped his hand away.

 

Ouchhh!” Luhan cried while rubbing his poor hand.

 

Don't touch my stuff,” Sehun warned. He gave Luhan a menacing look and walked out.

 

On the patio, while everyone was chatting and enjoying themselves, Sehun was bored - he didn't know why he was even there considering the fact that he didn't like samgyeopsal.

 

Although he was uninterested in what was happening, he wasn't blind. He caught Luhan many times stealing glances at him.

 

Finally the older boy approached Sehun with a wrapped piece of lettuce.

 

He smiled. “Say ahh Sehun.” Luhan opened his mouth wide to demonstrate, but Sehun simply scowled and walked to the other side of the patio.

 

To avoid embarrassing himself completely, Luhan shoved the wrapped lettuce into his mouth and chewed angrily.

 

He let out a forced chuckle. “More for me then.”

 

For the rest of the evening, Luhan sat away from Sehun.

 

He doesn't know whether it was because Sehun was giving him the cold shoulder, or because he was tired, but one thing's for sure - samgyeopsal was no longer appetizing.

 

It was Sunday, and Sehun was still cold towards him, even slamming the door in his face when he came to get the boy for dinner.

 

He put his head down on the kitchen table, feeling defeated.

 

Didn't his parents teach him any manners?”

 

Lay looked up. “Sehun?”

 

Yes. He just slammed the door in my face. His parents must have had a hard time raising a kid like him.”

 

Sehun's mom died when he was 9 and he never had a father. His aunt and uncle raised him.”

 

Luhan sat up. “Oh.”

 

Before he felt sulky, now he just feels horrible.

 

Good night Sehun-ah,” Luhan said in the dark, laying next to his roommate. The younger one merely grunted in response. Luhan smiled. It was better than nothing.

 

I've made up my mind, Sehun-ah. I'm going to be there for you no matter what. Sooner or later, you'll open up and I'll be right here waiting. Hopefully, I'll become your favorite hyung. Luhan giggled at the thought before falling asleep.

 

******

 

It was the middle of the week and Sehun decided that he needs a drink. School was stressing him out. He had been working on a new musical piece for class all weekend, even skipping meals, yet he still wasn't finished.

 

Stress has always made him extremely grouchy, even towards his hyungs.

 

After spending time to think about it, Sehun knew that he shouldn't have slammed the door in Luhan's face, but at the time it felt appropriate. Luhan was distracting him from his work.

 

He went inside a small restaurant off campus after classes ended and ordered a bottle of soju. The lady doesn't bother asking for his ID because he looked mature for his age. The lady came in with the bottle of soju and a small glass. He poured a glass and held it to his lips, ready to get rid of his troubles when –

 

YAH! SEHUN! PUT THAT DOWN.” Luhan came running into the restaurant. He snatched the glass from Sehun and grabbed the bottle.

 

Sehun whined,“What are you doing?! Give it back!”

 

He made a move to snatch back the glass but Luhan was faster. The older boy surprisingly drank the soju in one shot. Sehun was thoroughly impressed. He didn't think the older one had it in him.

 

You're underage so I'm not letting you drink,” Luhan stated, eyes starting to twitch a little.

 

Stop talking nonsense and give me the bottle. I paid for it, so I'm going to finish it.”

 

No! I'll drink it,” Luhan said with resolve. He then took a deep breath and starting drinking the remaining soju.

 

He was making weird faces so Sehun grabbed his hand to stop him.

 

I don't think you should.......Stop drinking!”

 

Luhan looked Sehun right in the eyes and firmly said, “Don't worry Sehun. I can handle it.”

 

The truth is Luhan holds his alcohol like a 5 year old.

 

He was staggering when they got out of the restaurant and by the time they arrived in their neighborhood, Luhan was leaning on Sehun for support. The older male kept giggling and talking incoherently about unicorns and Donald Duck.

 

Sehun would tell him to be quiet whenever they were near other people, but the other boy just laughed and cooed at him. “You're so cute Sehunniieee.”

 

By the time they got home, Sehun had his arm around Luhan's waist, holding him up. (The drunk boy claims to have lost all control of his legs and was now depending on Sehun to be his legs.)

 

HEYYYYY EVERYBODDYYY!” Luhan shouted, too close to Sehun's ears for comfort.

 

The other boys popped out into the hallway, staring, not believing what they were seeing. A drunk Luhan.

 

Is he drunk?” Chen asked with skepticism.

 

No. He's just happy to be home,” Chanyeol said with a toothy smile.

 

But he looks --” Chen added.

 

OF COURSE HE'S DRUNK Chen. It's called sarcasm.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes, but went back to staring at Luhan, who was now on the floor, flailing his limbs as if to make a snow angel on the floor.

 

I'll go make some hangover soup,” Kyungsoo proclaimed before heading off to the kitchen.

 

S-soup?” Luhan quickly got up and ran to the kitchen. I thought he lost control over his legs Sehun thought.

 

The other boys followed him into the kitchen. When Sehun got in the room, he sees Luhan back hugging Kyungsoo, thanking him for the soup.

 

But I can't make it if you're holding on to me like this,” Kyungsoo groaned.

 

Kris pulled Luhan off of Kyungsoo and directed his commands at Sehun.

 

You need to bring him to your room. He is your responsibility.”

 

Why is he my respon--”

 

Luhan had climbed on the counter, ready to lie down, when Kris and Tao gently pulled him down and handed him to Sehun.

 

Fine.” Sehun gave up and led Luhan out of the kitchen and up the stairs. The latter kept giggling childishly behind Sehun.

 

What are you laughing at Bambi?” Sehun looked back.

 

You're holding my hand,” Luhan shyly whispered. Sehun rolled his eyes. This is going to be a long night.

 

 

~~~~~~ Lollll. My favorite part about this chapter was  Luhan's drunk scene. Btw the picture above is samgyeopsal, in case you guys didn't know :) 

Next chapter - a confession??? 

Subscribe and comment :D Thanks!!